Status
Not open for further replies.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
Most of my mech mods are SS with a couple of aluminum in the mix. At worst, I clean them monthly. My 2 year old K100 used to go two months easy between cleanings when I was using it all the time.

IMO it doesn't matter so much what you use to clean them with, the important thing is to get all the contact surfaces really clean. I use any alcohol I have on hand as the first pass with paper towels. Then I put on my magnifier and have a good look at things. Brass switch surfaces that develop a dark discoloration get rubbed with SS mesh. It doesn't have to go back to clean brass, but if you're not removing any of that stain, the cleaning isn't not going to last long. If that doesn't do it, I use 1000 sandpaper on them very gently. You do not want to take off any of the brass, just what is on the surface. In my experience those are the hardest surfaces to clean well.

I tried using Noalox and found it didn't work too well for me. Now I leave these surfaces dry.

on any brass or copper surfaces i use Never Dull followed by an alcohol wipe. it's incredible the amount of oxidation that comes off. I've got 4 copper mods and 1 brass that i use daily and it has really cut down on the time i spend cleaning.

Kendogalopigus

Jul 22, 2014
Manteca, CA, USA
I had a look at these the other day. The MXJO website doesn't say whether the 35A number is continuous or pulse. These guys say 35A is pulse and the continuous is 20A. I've seen that at other websites too. I don't think anyone makes a 35A continuous battery right now.

doesn't efest make a purple 35a? i have 2 of the purple 30a which are ok they don't last as along as the sonys but aren't too bad.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Last edited:

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
I just ordered a few of the new AW 2200 mah 20 amp 18650s. They have them on RTD Vapor, which we all know is the best place to buy batteries.

AW IMR 18650 2200 mAh

I just grabbed 4 of those, 2 for each Reo. They are 20A continuous and are perfect for me at 0.5Ω. I wouldn't go lower than 0.3Ω with a 20A battery

jdake3265

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Santa Ana

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
This may just be speculation from my shop battery supplier (although I trust him completely I can not ask you to lol) but vtc production has moved to the Philippines since the nuclear incident and although they are "vtc" they are not technically "sony" and according to my battery guy the vtc is coming back and in increased production but QC in the new plant is garbage and warned me to stay away from them for a couple months to make sure they are in fact safe...That being said I use my MXJO down to your specified ohm and so do several of my customers but battery life is not consistent with what they claim (2500 mah?) and if that is inconsistent then what else is??? I try not to use them too much (pretty much only when I am charging my vtc's or LG's) but they do hold up a little under .2 ohms and they do not get hot (I was checking them all the time when I first got them lol) but this may not or I should say is not advisable for anyone IMO, this is just my experience with them

jdake3265

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Santa Ana
This may just be speculation from my shop battery supplier (although I trust him completely I can not ask you to lol) but vtc production has moved to the Philippines since the nuclear incident and although they are "vtc" they are not technically "sony" and according to my battery guy the vtc is coming back and in increased production but QC in the new plant is garbage and warned me to stay away from them for a couple months to make sure they are in fact safe...That being said I use my MXJO down to your specified ohm and so do several of my customers but battery life is not consistent with what they claim (2500 mah?) and if that is inconsistent then what else is??? I try not to use them too much (pretty much only when I am charging my vtc's or LG's) but they do hold up a little under .2 ohms and they do not get hot (I was checking them all the time when I first got them lol) but this may not or I should say is not advisable for anyone IMO, this is just my experience with them

Yes i have heard reports that there are some plants that have started production on VTC5 clones(that is what they are calling them, lol), Even though they might be high drain high mah batteries they will still be fakes and therefor bring the possibility of malfunction and other issues like decreased battery life and other things. I will not be using them and i try to advise most of the Chinese companies that i come into contact with to not label these batteries as "authentic Sony VTC5's" because they aren't.

Snufalupaghus

Jul 26, 2013
Odenton, MD
Yes they do but they are 20A continuous NOT 35A as labeled. Most likely they are 35A pulse. This link is from Baditude (our resident battery/safety expert): Purple Efest Batteries not as Advertised

I have been using the purple Efest 35a 2500mAh batteries with a .18 ohm build and have been getting great results...long battery life and great power, although I don't know what to look for in the way of determining if they are not as advertised, nor do I have a way of measuring voltage under load (yet).

My 2 cents...

javyn

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
houston
I have been using those Purple Efests for a while now, currently on a .23 ohm dual coil build w/ 24g. To my understanding, it's 20a continuous, and 35a burst. General consensus I've read online is that burst = about 10 seconds or less hit. I am interested in an at least 30a continuous replacement for when these go out though, since the VTCs are impossible to find now. Going to check out the MXJO mentioned in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread