Sore throat, coughing, bloody nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jones bones

May 12, 2018
i have been vaping consistently every day for the past 6 months (never smoked a cigarette in my life) with no pain or problems that I can attribute to vaping. Recently I have had a terribly sore throat and a bad cough. I know these sound like the symptoms of being sick, however, I don’t feel sick. Last night I had a bad bloody nose. I don’t want to have to quit vaping but If the drawbacks are this bad I don’t think it’s worth it. I was wondering if any of you have experienced something like this or what you would do if you were in my situation. Thanks!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Did you get a new juice or change ratios in your old one? Are you vaping more than normal? In any case, I would stop and go see a doctor. It may or may not be related but I have never heard of any bleeding associated with vaping at all. A few have reported sore throats but found they have a sensitive to pg. Or a flavor.

Are you using nicotine?

LewisW295

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
South Glamorgan, Wales
Have you been sick since you quit smoking? I find it completely different now not even close to what it was before :X

He says he hasn't ever smoked.

OP, the bloody nose could be because it's dried out a bit which vaping does so to people. Or it could be the pressure in your nasal cavity from coughing.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
i have been vaping consistently every day for the past 6 months (never smoked a cigarette in my life) with no pain or problems that I can attribute to vaping. Recently I have had a terribly sore throat and a bad cough. I know these sound like the symptoms of being sick, however, I don’t feel sick. Last night I had a bad bloody nose. I don’t want to have to quit vaping but If the drawbacks are this bad I don’t think it’s worth it. I was wondering if any of you have experienced something like this or what you would do if you were in my situation. Thanks!

Hi and welcome,
With so little useful information it is hard to determine what may be the problem.
Maybe you just want a little attention.... That's cool too.

If you have medical problems or questions...See a Doctor.

Cheers
I

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I was wondering if any of you have experienced something like this or what you would do if you were in my situation.

I have never experienced anything like this.
What would I do if I were in your situation ? Go to the doctor.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
These symptoms sound like they need to be addressed FIRST by a doctor. You may not "feel sick" but that doesn't mean you AREN'T sick. You have symptoms that sound fairly unrelated to vaping.

I would certainly stop vaping in the meantime until you see your doctor, to rule out any problems. IF your doc gives you the okay to return to vaping, sometimes sensitivities develop over time. I did not become sensitized to PG initially, but I certainly am now.

But the time to ASK about all this is AFTER seeing a doctor, first.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I have never experienced anything like this.
What would I do if I were in your situation ? Go to the doctor.

Agree. If it was just a sore throat I could see ruling out vaping before a Dr. But I can't link a bloody nose to vaping unless you're blowing a lot of vapor out of your nose.
Some possibilities for bloody nose causes are not something you want to delay getting diagnosed.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Nobody has said vaping is 100% safe. Many of us use it to stay away from tobacco, which IS 100% harmful. For someone to start vaping even though they never smoked a cigarette in their life makes me wonder. In this particular case, it seems that it wasnt the best idea to start vaping. And then, on top of that, join a vape forum and ask for medical advice doesnt show much serious thought either. If you have a medical issue, go to the doctor.

• Agree

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Nobody has said vaping is 100% safe. Many of us use it to stay away from tobacco, which IS 100% harmful. For someone to start vaping even though they never smoked a cigarette in their life makes me wonder. In this particular case, it seems that it wasnt the best idea to start vaping. And then, on top of that, join a vape forum and ask for medical advice doesnt show much serious thought either. If you have a medical issue, go to the doctor.

I wish there was vaping when I was 14 that I could've vaped instead of smoking. I probably could've quit when I wanted to at 18 or the 9 other times I tried before vaping was around and functioning better.
I wouldn't chastise non-smokers for vaping, it's even better harm reduction if it keeps people from ever harming themselves.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Vaping is not for everyone.

• Agree

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I wish there was vaping when I was 14 that I could've vaped instead of smoking. I probably could've quit when I wanted to at 18 or the 9 other times I tried before vaping was around and functioning better.
I wouldn't chastise non-smokers for vaping, it's even better harm reduction if it keeps people from ever harming themselves.
Yeah, I agree, but - 28 is kind of late to start habits like this, if you ask me. I'd already tried to quit smokes a dozen times by then. And if I'm bleeding, even at 28, joining a forum to see about it isn't my first course of action. I know, kind of harsh. Of course - nobody asked me, so....there's that.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Although we are all doctors and perfectly capable of diagnosing your problem, we are off the clock.
Best suggestion is to make an appointment with a doctor who is ON the clock.

But $220 for 5 minutes to diagnose a nose bleed seems kind of steep. Unless the nose bleed is leukemia and you catch it early instead of blowing it off as "just a nose bleed".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread