SOS! Need Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
Hey I’m trying to mix up my first batch of juice and it is apparent that I do NOT know what I’m doing. I have my pg and my vg and my nic and my flavor, but none of the calculators are coming out right! Can anyone help me?
I have 125ml bottle of nic in 100% VG. I’m aiming to mix 6% nic 25%pg and 75% VG in a 30 ml bottle, with flavor. The numbers aren’t coming out right on any of the online calculations

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi J,
15e1a47cd30c55bd48f595ca8c3dc5e3.jpg

What is your recipe?
What brand and flavour(s) are you using?
What is the nicotine base concentration you are using?
What is your target nicotine strength?
How much are you trying to make?

Cheers
I

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
Assuming your nic is 100mg and 6% flavor in a 30ml bottle...
1.8ml Nic in VG, 5.7ml PG, 20.7ml VG and 1.8ml flavor
That sounds perfect! I had the calculator set on percent instead of weight (newbie mistake) and once I got it sorted out it was the same as what you just posted. I appreciate your help! Thank you!!

Reactions: stols001

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
That sounds perfect! I had the calculator set on percent instead of weight (newbie mistake) and once I got it sorted out it was the same as what you just posted. I appreciate your help! Thank you!!

I'm glad things are starting to work out, but I wanted to point out two things that might be useful:
  • 6% is a really high nicotine level. Nicotine concentration is usually given in mg/ml (some people inaccurately shorten this to mg). 6 mg/ml is a common concentration to use. 6% is ten times as much; it works out to 60 mg/ml. Both Supply Daddy and smacuser gave you formulas for 6 mg/ml, not 6%.
  • The formulas above are only accurate if you do have 100 mg/ml nicotine base, as the posters explained they assumed. Nicotine base also often comes as 18 mg/ml, 48 mg/ml and 60 mg/ml, and in fact it can be just about anything else. You'll need to verify the concentration of your base to work out your actual nicotine level.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread