Sounds fake to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I was on FDA's web site and decided to look at their list of reported problems with ecigs and from what I've read I have to wonder if they aren't just making these up themselves. Sounds like a load of tripe to me.

"I was attending a talk in a college auditorium. I became headachy and nauseated I could also Please describe the health problem or product problem: smell something that smelled like tobacco which made me think I may be sitting next to a smoker (not actively smoking). After a few minutes I noticed that a man about two to three rows directly ahead of me (he was on the front row) was using an e-cigarette, quite openly and freely . The headache and nausea lasted until the talk was over and he left. I stayed for a book signing after that and my headache and nausea got better once the man was gone from the auditorium."

....from 3 rows away no less, this person has quit the draw.

"My daughter suffered trouble breathing and aggravation to a chest cold that had all but cleared up after accidental and unintentional exposure to e-cig vapors in a restaurant."

....and 10 other folks in the restaurant all had cold like symptoms about 5 days later. Darn those ecigs.

"Every time 1used the product it would give me a headache"

....what is nicotine?

"neighbor smokes e-cigarettes, second hand fumes have caused painful respiratory and auditory problems , eye redness , no prior health conditions . because user can get 300-400 puffs per cartridge, the second hand smoke in a residential situation is endless and has caused tremendous distress and health problem ...for family dog as well. Many trips to doctors including one trip to the emergency room for severe tightness to the chest and problem breathing ."

....No say its not true, not the dog. I believe the FDA should work in concert with the SPCA to eliminate this threat ASAP.

"electronic cigarette brought into small office by co-worker. Bad taste in mouth could not get rid of with eating or rinsing. Bad smell stuck with body. Experienced nausea, stomach pain, and slight headache. Stomach pain and nausea eased with fresh air. Went home, changed, showered, brushed teeth and gargled. Irrigated sinuses with warm salt water. This releaved most of the bad taste and smell. Does this happen to anyone else? Why are these chemicals allowed to be used in public places?"

....don't anyone tell him he regularly ingests those "chemicals" as he might off it from the shock.

"If the cause of this Cough , weaz, moisture, is the e-cigarette and it doesn't stop here and will simply accumulate as i continue to smoke, it's my opinion that the effect will feel almost like drowning. Breathing in too much water, very , very , Slowly."

...humm, and some of my DIY recipes call for water.

"High milligram liquid nicotine can be purchased to be consumed through an e-cig. Information is provided by manufacturer on how to mix and produce your own preferred amount. Currently my husband's nicotine level is 36mgs. His addiction has led to constant consumption or chain problem: vaping. Health problems include chest pains that caused a blackout, difficulty in sleeping, loss of appetite, anxiety, and loss of reality."

....and I suppose when he was smoking he'd just rip the top off the whole pack and light it up.

"The electric cigarette gets hot when you use it and alters the taste buds. I just recently realized what was turning my taste buds black and it also yellows your teeth more than a cigarette does. The electric cigarette gets hot when you use it and alters the taste buds. I just recently realized FDA should know about this health problem It does help with nicotine cravings but I will be switching over to the nicotine patches tomorrow"

....the glue on those patches will cause his taste buds to turn green.

"There might be a product defect, but I'm not sure It occasionally will have a burning sensation upon should know about this health problem my lips, not in a chemical way, but in a way that suggests the heat from the heating mechanism is seeping through the edges of the portion of the cartridge that touches my lips."

....ah heat seepation, a common problem.

"Employee inhales Vapors all day throughout office. One employee was out with respiratory problem: illness, one has persistent ccugh and I ended up with bronchitis. I nor anyone in my family has ever smoked and yet in a month and a half 3 people have beccme ill since "vapors" were introduced into our environment!"

....I'm going to have to start vaping in the office because this last week we had 6 people off sick while no one was vaping.

"I was sitting next to a person who was puffing on an e cigarette for a few hours in a closed room and developed bad headache, inflamed sinuses and eye irritation. I left work sick and symptoms did not problem : resolve for about 24 hours. The day after, my throat became sore and now I have cold like symptoms."

....I've heard anti-vaping shots are effective.

... and my all time favorite

"RE : Electronic Cigarettes I read an article on Time Magazine's 9/30/13 issue about electronic cigarettes and I believe this product should be strictly regulated . The liquid that is sold at the stores that carry electronic cigarettes are sold over the counter without a prescription or any sort of regulation although they are extremely addictive. My daughter started purchasing the liquid for her electronic cigarettes and ended up using it or drinking it until she got totally addicted to the extent that she ended up in the emergency room at UCLA several weeks ago in a psychotic condition. This substance is a narcotic and should be regulated as such rather than sold as another cigarette. It is very concentrated and electronic smoking is described as a great experience. Please look into it and I am very willing to give you additional information if requested ."

....no mother I don't smoke [removed], honest.

Sure am glad that the FDA, as they have stated, is not relying any anecdotal evidence to guide their policies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
You can look at reports that people call and write in about every medication on the market. At least there were no complaints like it made my teeth itch, or the ends of my hair hurt. And yes they do get added into the total adverse reaction numbers. Still, some of those are pretty good. I guess the teeth getting yellow is close to itching.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Lots of people have imaginary illness....Probably about half of the visits to doctors are from imagined problems. The brain can actually make you ill if you believe you are.

Anyway the woman's husband is vaping 36 mg and has symptoms of too much nicotine....DOH Wonder if he also got the juice all over his hands too.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I was on FDA's web site and decided to look at their list of reported problems with ecigs and from what I've read I have to wonder if they aren't just making these up themselves. Sounds like a load of tripe to me.

"I was attending a talk in a college auditorium. I became headachy and nauseated I could also Please describe the health problem or product problem: smell something that smelled like tobacco which made me think I may be sitting next to a smoker (not actively smoking). After a few minutes I noticed that a man about two to three rows directly ahead of me (he was on the front row) was using an e-cigarette, quite openly and freely . The headache and nausea lasted until the talk was over and he left. I stayed for a book signing after that and my headache and nausea got better once the man was gone from the auditorium."

....from 3 rows away no less, this person has quit the draw.

"My daughter suffered trouble breathing and aggravation to a chest cold that had all but cleared up after accidental and unintentional exposure to e-cig vapors in a restaurant."

....and 10 other folks in the restaurant all had cold like symptoms about 5 days later. Darn those ecigs.

"Every time 1used the product it would give me a headache"

....what is nicotine?

"neighbor smokes e-cigarettes, second hand fumes have caused painful respiratory and auditory problems , eye redness , no prior health conditions . because user can get 300-400 puffs per cartridge, the second hand smoke in a residential situation is endless and has caused tremendous distress and health problem ...for family dog as well. Many trips to doctors including one trip to the emergency room for severe tightness to the chest and problem breathing ."

....No say its not true, not the dog. I believe the FDA should work in concert with the SPCA to eliminate this threat ASAP.

"electronic cigarette brought into small office by co-worker. Bad taste in mouth could not get rid of with eating or rinsing. Bad smell stuck with body. Experienced nausea, stomach pain, and slight headache. Stomach pain and nausea eased with fresh air. Went home, changed, showered, brushed teeth and gargled. Irrigated sinuses with warm salt water. This releaved most of the bad taste and smell. Does this happen to anyone else? Why are these chemicals allowed to be used in public places?"

....don't anyone tell him he regularly ingests those "chemicals" as he might off it from the shock.

"If the cause of this Cough , weaz, moisture, is the e-cigarette and it doesn't stop here and will simply accumulate as i continue to smoke, it's my opinion that the effect will feel almost like drowning. Breathing in too much water, very , very , Slowly."

...humm, and some of my DIY recipes call for water.

"High milligram liquid nicotine can be purchased to be consumed through an e-cig. Information is provided by manufacturer on how to mix and produce your own preferred amount. Currently my husband's nicotine level is 36mgs. His addiction has led to constant consumption or chain problem: vaping. Health problems include chest pains that caused a blackout, difficulty in sleeping, loss of appetite, anxiety, and loss of reality."

....and I suppose when he was smoking he'd just rip the top off the whole pack and light it up.

"The electric cigarette gets hot when you use it and alters the taste buds. I just recently realized what was turning my taste buds black and it also yellows your teeth more than a cigarette does. The electric cigarette gets hot when you use it and alters the taste buds. I just recently realized FDA should know about this health problem It does help with nicotine cravings but I will be switching over to the nicotine patches tomorrow"

....the glue on those patches will cause his taste buds to turn green.

"There might be a product defect, but I'm not sure It occasionally will have a burning sensation upon should know about this health problem my lips, not in a chemical way, but in a way that suggests the heat from the heating mechanism is seeping through the edges of the portion of the cartridge that touches my lips."

....ah heat seepation, a common problem.

"Employee inhales Vapors all day throughout office. One employee was out with respiratory problem: illness, one has persistent ccugh and I ended up with bronchitis. I nor anyone in my family has ever smoked and yet in a month and a half 3 people have beccme ill since "vapors" were introduced into our environment!"

....I'm going to have to start vaping in the office because this last week we had 6 people off sick while no one was vaping.

"I was sitting next to a person who was puffing on an e cigarette for a few hours in a closed room and developed bad headache, inflamed sinuses and eye irritation. I left work sick and symptoms did not problem : resolve for about 24 hours. The day after, my throat became sore and now I have cold like symptoms."

....I've heard anti-vaping shots are effective.

... and my all time favorite

"RE : Electronic Cigarettes I read an article on Time Magazine's 9/30/13 issue about electronic cigarettes and I believe this product should be strictly regulated . The liquid that is sold at the stores that carry electronic cigarettes are sold over the counter without a prescription or any sort of regulation although they are extremely addictive. My daughter started purchasing the liquid for her electronic cigarettes and ended up using it or drinking it until she got totally addicted to the extent that she ended up in the emergency room at UCLA several weeks ago in a psychotic condition. This substance is a narcotic and should be regulated as such rather than sold as another cigarette. It is very concentrated and electronic smoking is described as a great experience. Please look into it and I am very willing to give you additional information if requested ."

....no mother I don't smoke crack, honest.

Sure am glad that the FDA, as they have stated, is not relying any anecdotal evidence to guide their policies.

No worse than I have seen from Most Mainstream Media Outlets. Agenda based Propaganda support thru Anonymous sources.

Not sure why we would Expect the FDA to be any better at Telling the Truth than the Tabloids I see while waiting in line at the Grocery Store?

The complaint about daughter ending up in hospital with psychotic symptoms is my fav. Take it from someone who in fact suffers from psychosis from over doing it with [removed] smoking years ago. E-Cigs does not trigger psychosis. If it did my chain vaping since switching from the stinkies would have already triggered an episode. I told the nurse practitioner that I see at local Canadian Mentral Health Association that I switched and she did not seem concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Opinionated

Oomee

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
UK
You missed one...

"Vaping reduced my hair into just several long strands of candy floss. My teeth now look like wooden pegs, my complexion bloated and red. It has reduced my mental capacity to the point that all my business endeavours are bankrupt. I am now paranoid to the point I feel the whole world is laughing at me. My genitalia and hands have shrivelled, both looking like deflated rubber gloves sized extra-small. I would kill myself except for the unstoppable drive to strip all wealth, freedom and creativity from the planet. This drive for global destruction is the only thing saving me from the horrors vaping has cast upon my life."

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Beautiful! Completely idiotic.

I CAN see a very remote chance of someone allergic to PG or VG in a car for a long trip with a chain vaper feeling a bit off though. THAT I would believe.

Or user error with someone vaping 100mg instead of 10mg by accident.

These "stories"? absolute BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread