Spectrum's Tankapalooza - Hyper Color Pyrex Tanks and Tips for RBA's and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Where did you get your Aero tank from QRXT??? OOooo I should look at places this week, there should be all kinds of sales going on for 4th July :ohmy:

I am seriously thinking about picking up one to go with a particular mod now that I know I can get beautiful colors to go on it :D and I will have to do a little research - I have tons of ProTank heads but not sure if they will fit this Mega.

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Vape Mail!!!! Gotta luv it :D!

Spectrum Graphite for the Z-atty on the Vaperfexion ProV2!!! Shiny!

DSCN0764.jpg

ETA: and Bigcase - I didn't have a chance to do the nails since me and the Granddaughter volunteered at a Dog Wash today for the local Shelter :p

bigcase100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
United States

DSCN0764.jpg

ETA: and Bigcase - I didn't have a chance to do the nails since me and the Granddaughter volunteered at a Dog Wash today for the local Shelter :p

Hehe, the sparkles are looking great E! And I suppoooooose I'll forgive ya for the unpainted nails....this time! Dog wash sounds like a hoot! Hope you and the granddaughter had a good time! :)

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Hehe, the sparkles are looking great E! And I suppoooooose I'll forgive ya for the unpainted nails....this time! Dog wash sounds like a hoot! Hope you and the granddaughter had a good time! :)

Thanks bigcase - it was a "hoot" - we washed so many dogs, ranging from a Saint Bernard down to a 2 pound Chihuahua and everything in between. We got a little sunburned, and very wet and left smelling like "wet dog" but it was a great day. At least I didn't end of having to wear the "Dog Suit" (it was quite hot today) and stand on the street corner waving at peeps...:p

I bought this tank off the classies and wasn't real happy with it at first, the tube separated from the caps too easily even after replacing them. I replaced those O-rings with the ones sent with the Graphite tube and it fits really snug now so I am happy :D

Mike757

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
LA, CA, USA
Thanks Elantis! Probably the best shot that ever came out of my crappy camera lol. It's a stock size... Larger ID but the OD and length matched up well. It's a triple o-ring configuration. The two you can't see act as shims/support for the other four that seal the tank. I think it turned out pretty nice and there's absolutely 0% chance of leakage. On the other hand it's a novice device. You guys could have this installed in a matter of a couple minutes. Will a novice user be able to remove the silicone gaskets and install 6 o-rings properly? I have no clue...

You could source clear Aerotank Mega tanks from China, then do your color treatment on them. For example, FT has them for only $1.34, with discounts at higher quantities. These are listed as Pyrex, but they're more than likely just plain glass.

bigcase100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
United States
Thanks bigcase - it was a "hoot" - we washed so many dogs, ranging from a Saint Bernard down to a 2 pound Chihuahua and everything in between. We got a little sunburned, and very wet and left smelling like "wet dog" but it was a great day. At least I didn't end of having to wear the "Dog Suit" (it was quite hot today) and stand on the street corner waving at peeps...:p

I bought this tank off the classies and wasn't real happy with it at first, the tube separated from the caps too easily even after replacing them. I replaced those O-rings with the ones sent with the Graphite tube and it fits really snug now so I am happy :D

Yeah, I would have opted to sunburn and smell of wet dog too - instead of wearing the dog suit! Haha! Looks like my orangey will be here Tuesday. Can't wait to see it up close!

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Yeah, I would have opted to sunburn and smell of wet dog too - instead of wearing the dog suit! Haha! Looks like my orangey will be here Tuesday. Can't wait to see it up close!

I got the Orangey too when I got the Graphite, but I don't have anything empty to put it on at the moment! And it is really a nice Orange - you're gonna luv it!

murtcepS

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Michigan
Please post about this when you have everything needed. I definitely want to give this a shot.

I have enough o-rings right now if you wanna give it a go. Just try to roll them on from both sides so they don't bind. Once all 6 are in place the tank will install easily :)

DSCN0764.jpg

Shiny/Sparkly! Looks great Elantis!! Think I prefer the Graphite over the Smoke tank for that set-up. Can't believe those o-rings worked out for ya...That's karma!

You could source clear Aerotank Mega tanks from China, then do your color treatment on them. For example, FT has them for only $1.34, with discounts at higher quantities. These are listed as Pyrex, but they're more than likely just plain glass.

I appreciate the suggestion but I haven't heard anything good about tubing manufactured in Asia. There's a reason why it's so cheap. Gotta stick with the quality stuff....I'm fussy :D

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Shiny/Sparkly! Looks great Elantis!! Think I prefer the Graphite over the Smoke tank for that set-up. Can't believe those o-rings worked out for ya...That's karma!

I love it! And even in normal light where you can't see all the sparkles - it mimics the finish of the Gunmetal so that is cool too! I am very happy with it - I may have to end up getting the Ruby for it :D

murtcepS

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Michigan
Great! That was a #15?

Yes indeed. We have green, red, smoke, and blue (old version)

Anything for the GP Heron tank yet? :)

Haven't got around to fitting that one yet. I see the OD is 22 and the length is 30. Can you measure the wall thickness for me?

murtcepS

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Michigan
It's 1mm. :)

Dang! Was hoping for 1.2, 1.5 or 1.8. Are you measuring with calipers?

Excellent!! Come back and post a picture when you get it all put together - murtcepS luvs pictures ;)

I do luv some pictures scattered about! You take really nice shots Elantis and now the pressure is on for matching nail polish. Would a pink tank help with that? :p

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
I do luv some pictures scattered about! You take really nice shots Elantis and now the pressure is on for matching nail polish. Would a pink tank help with that? :p

No Pink tank thank you berry much...but you have seen I do sometimes do the "pink" nails (waiting for them to grow out again after the incident - :p)

I just need to do "rainbow" nails then they will go with any and all pv/tanks I decide to photograph!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread