Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Just a wimpy single wick that just touches the filler, but am really liking it.. although I'm dripping too... seems like it never floods...
I like your crossing coils. I'll have to study that.
Just got a bag of SERA in the mail today.
I think so, I just unscrew the top tube from the base and inject the e liquid into the sera filler until it is saturated. It is impossible to flood. How long are you all leaving the wick tails that make the contact with the filler?

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I think so, I just unscrew the top tube from the base and inject the e liquid into the sera filler until it is saturated. It is impossible to flood. How long are you all leaving the wick tails that make the contact with the filler?

how many wraps are you doing?

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
I ordered a bag of Sera wool and didn't reallize that I would get something the size of a pillow case :facepalm:. I've got enough wool to last me three lifetimes. Got a little 14500 pv on the way so am saving my Spheroid for it's arrival. Think that these go on sale soon - not sure if it is tonight but was around this time that they come back up.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
View attachment 141284
I don't know if it is visible.

I guess I should bone up on wire diameter to resistance specs... hate specs....
I have a few different wires and never keep track; some are stiff and some thinner.

I also wonder why some wire can be wrapped mulitiple times and come up LR and some have to have less wraps. ( i figure with VV's it doesn't matter, but still would be good to know ....

? - I notice on the multi-wrap coils that i've seen it doesn't seem to matter if the coil wraps are touching, and with like Gen wraps it does.

I haven't kept up with the times, because when everyone was getting into RBA's I was into HH357 and other Hybrid atomizers.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
As everyone already knows reviews are truly subjective and everyone is entitled to there opinion. As a 5 year vapor and owner of just about every APV and RBA out there I can say without a shadow of a doubt the Spheriod is one of the best RBA out right now. It's extremely easy to rebuild, absolutely never leaks and can be thrown in your pocket with absolute confidence that nothing will happen to it. The amount of vapor and flavor it delivers is absolutely head and shoulders above all of my other RBA's (Zenesis, DID, Penelope, etc...). I'm currently getting somewhere between 3 to 4 hours between refills and let me tell you the Spheriod uses every last drop of juice before the flavor starts to diminish .

Please I'm begging you don't get turned off by the fact that it uses filler material. The filler material does not alter the flavor in anyway and never comes in contact with the coil.

If you have the opportunity to purchase one, please do so you will not be disappointed.

This is interesting- you see, I had a theory on a few of these new exclusives that are bottom-coil, top-fed with filler/wick combo units...the other being the Steam Machine... PBusardo mentioned a similar idea the other day as to what I am thinking of at the moment: He was commenting on the fact that he believed cartos still give better flavor than most anything else he's tried, because they "perfume" the juice in the filler (his choice of word, not mine), giving us a more-well-rounded, tasty drag than some of the newer "minimalist" systems (SS Genesis mods, tanks w/wicks, clearo's, etc). I totally agree with his statement- I think that anything that keeps the juice suspended in the air channel above the warm wick will give the end user a wide "range" of particulate sizes- some truly atomized, some "aerosolized", and some just barely small enough to make it through the mouthpiece- instead of systems like the Genesis mods, which mostly just atomize everything. Granted, I personally feel that the SS systems atomize better and deliver more nic by design, but they also experience "flavor lock" in almost the same way as wick-based tank systems (muted flavors).

Again, an interesting point. Oh, and if I were still wealthy like I was a year ago, I would buy one of these. ;)

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
Rinse the whole thing and retry?

Always, always rinse everything first...

...if you did that, well then try poking at the filler if you think it might be getting to the coil. I do not remember how close the design allows it to get. Nothing should have that taste, though, so figure out either what contaminated your juice or what is sitting near the coil that may be burning or contaminated...

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Doh.... didn't rinse. Going Back to where I should have been; at the beginning.
Rinse the whole thing and retry?

Always, always rinse everything first...

...if you did that, well then try poking at the filler if you think it might be getting to the coil. I do not remember how close the design allows it to get. Nothing should have that taste, though, so figure out either what contaminated your juice or what is sitting near the coil that may be burning or contaminated...

Moueix

Moved On
Aug 20, 2012
Michigan and Iowa
Haha, ukeman, I remember you now, "I believe now that we have the HH 357, everything else is redundant." Remember saying that? I was on that thread as well. I was never very impressed by the 357...I wanted to be, but...

Well, that answered my unasked question. I'm all about the flavor. I was wondering how a Genesis type tank compared to dripping a high quality atty, but I guess I need not ask... thanks.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
that catches how I felt BEFORE I learned there are tricks to getting RBA coils to fire evenly, but when I heard Scot (youtube) say "this SPheroid has the best flavor of any RBA" I had to try it.
I got one and yep, at the time (a few posts ago on this thread) I was having trouble with my LR 1.5 HH357's on a "3.7" PV; inconsistent, it (spheroid) was easy and good.
But now that I'm having some "issues" with the Spheroid - learning curve (see Busardo's Spheroid vid), I am so GLAD we have our 357's to fire up = instant gratification.
Hey Ern, and Huffel, if you are having trouble with your 357's just raise the voltage; we figured that was the problem; these need more power, and they really are kick axzz instant gratification
Haha, ukeman, I remember you now, "I believe now that we have the HH 357, everything else is redundant." Remember saying that? I was on that thread as well. I was never very impressed by the 357...I wanted to be, but...

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Well, that answered my unasked question. I'm all about the flavor. I was wondering how a Genesis type tank compared to dripping a high quality atty, but I guess I need not ask... thanks.

Don't just ask me, but look at who loves 357's... most vets.
I was struggling with trying to use them on "3.7" mechanical pv's (3.4 true voltage)... I find they need a VV... i.e. 1.5 Ohm needs 3.8 to 4.2 true voltage, and the higher the Ohms the more voltage/watts needed for them to perform.

Since this is not a suppliers sub forum I'll mention this ... and suggest you try a couple Hybrid atomizers designed like the 357 (and will work on 3.7 pv's).... Vapage Hybrid AMG (new spec ) B/F atomizer, and Avidvaper's Aero. (half to a third the price of 357 which are hand wrapped - and unbelievably good).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread