spring just collapsed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ufo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2009
Rome - italy
I don't know. Since the ones that Rob is worried about are a sizing issue, that would be difficult for us to see as they are very small. As to the atomizers, cartomizers and adapters that that have caused shorts due to bad gaskets, I am not sure they are visible to the naked eye either. I do know, however that when this center post on adapters sticks out farther than the threaded body, that is a sure fire way of knowing that it could cause your mod to short. Should be something to keep an eye on with your atomizers & cartomizers as well. I'll let you know if I hear of any other way of knowing. :)

I understand dear Lisa.
I just posted your information on my forum, so the Italian Reonauti will be careful.
Thank you again and I let me know if there will be news:)

stravaigin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
Australia
I already know I will want a woodvil mini, so I'll wait until they become available and send my Grand to the Reo hospital then. It'll save me postage costs and they'll have company on the long flight home to me.

Isn't it great that you can return the goods without lengthy explanations, filling out forms or any disagreements with the mod maker?

I know this is as it should be but Customer Service is rarely this pain free.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
For clarification: Is this a problem on ALL Reos, or just the latest batch? I have one of the hybrid attys in the mail, which was the main culprit for frying the Reos, but I need to know if it's safe.

No...this will not affect all REOs. It was one batch.

For clarification, there was one batch of REO's that had a problem with the center post/insulator.

The Hybrid "Bottom Feeder"" atty, designed for the Vapage, is still an issue because of the way the post is built on the atty.

JayTheVapingGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hrrmmm...
Rob, is it possible to short (and collapse your spring) if there is minor water damage?

I left the reo sitting on my counter for the last week, waiting till payday to send it back, when I just couldn't take it anymore and I replaced the spring to see if I couldn't get it to work (now that I have a multimeter, I thought I could find the short, if there was one...) It works fine now... I did have it out to the beach with me the day before and it may have gotten a bit of water inside of it from splashing... Didn't see any at the time nor did i thonk about it until last night but it's what's in my head since I tried various atties that first day and the spring would melt each time and it was all on the same day( after the beach)

If so, mine is likely a noob error and not the genetic defect... However, if it is not possible then I'll send it back for repairs even though it is currently working! If it collapses again I'll send it in for the centre post repair

Scotch827

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
PA
I have 2 woodvils and 2 mini's. One of my woodvils shorted 3 times. I had no problems with the other 3. I use standard resistence atty's on all of them. Rob fixed it all 3 times with quick turn around time. I sent a check the first 2 times for return shipping and they were never cashed. I don't get to excited, stuff happens unless you are doing nothing. I am hoping he found the problem and my woodvil is fixed for good along with everybody else who had a problem. I wish every company had service this good. I am going to buy my 6th Reo (lost one:mad:)for a birthday present for a friend.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread