• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Springfield meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
None that I am aware of. Would really love to meet another DIY'er locally. We visited Paradise Vapors over on National, owner and the worker we met were very nice.
Two days ago I was in my big truck on MO 360 and the passenger in a car that passed me was about to take a vape. First person that I have seen vaping in Springfield.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I haven't been to Paradise Vapors, but several times to R2Scents on Glenstone. Last Saturday the owner and I and another vaper were talking about it. He was going to put up a sign to see if there was any interest. What we might have to do is just schedule one and post it at R2Scents and if they will allow at Paradise Vapors and here and see who shows up. I will see about that next week.

Do you know any vape friendly places here we could gather? Since my social life is usually limited to bowling, I do not know of other places but the bowling alleys. Enterprise Lanes has a decent small bar & snack area and I know they are good with it.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I am going to go ahead and plan a meet and see if anyone shows up.
I talked to R2Scents and Paradise Vapors and both will let me put flyers at their places.
Also talked to Enterprise Lanes about meeting there and they said bring it on.
Have been very busy last week or so but this week I hope to put a date and time to it, make flyers, get them to the B&M's, and post here on ECF.
Figured I would set it about 30 days or so after I get all that done to let the word get around.

:vapor:

I'm in the Springfield area. If you have a meet definitely post up details. While there are quite a few vapeheads in Springfield most don't frequent forums and many of them are using minis they got at Battlefield mall or green smokes from Just For Him.
BTW if you ever want to just drink coffee and vape Just For Him is a friendly place for it (and one of the few places you can smoke or vape indoors legally in Springfield).

I just joined the forums. Here in Springpatch myself, and I know some other vapers as well that I could tell about it. Set up a meet, and I'll try to make it for sure.

I called Paradise Vapors the other day hoping to find my starter kit locally, and found out that they also sell some mods, and mix some juices in house. I've never been to either shop yet, unfortunately, but I've heard that Paradise also has a tasting station where you can taste any of their liquids. Definitely a plus for someone shopping for just the right flavor, and it kind of reminds me of Just For Him, only for vapers. :)

The other place you can smoke legally in Springfield is The Albatross Hookah Bar, downtown. They wouldn't blink at someone vaping in there either. Not that I've ever had any trouble vaping in this town, no matter where I am. Folks are very accepting of it for the most part, or curious.

Last edited:

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
Paradise must be expanding, they did not mix juice in house when we asked. I think that is great news.
As far as getting the meet going...I havn't heard from Alexander yet.
Gonna keep checking back for updates.
At the moment, heading back to the front porch ::vape::

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

quikclik2

Dec 25, 2012
Springfield, mo
I would definitely be down for a Springfield area vape meet. Why not AT paradise vapor? I'm sure they wouldn't mind the business they would likely get out of the deal too. Also, I think you may have been mislead Dementyia, when I went in last month I saw some juices branded with there name, I asked them if they mixed it in house and was told they buy in bulk and just rebottle and label it. But they do have the best selection in town hands down. Nothing amazing, but pretty good. All the joye stuff (including evic), v2, there rebranded juice, zeus juice, joye juice, and some random things there and there (vivi's and stuff).

Last edited:

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
I'm in Ozark, and DIY. Though only a couple months in, so definitely no pro, lol.

Two DIY'ers close enough to throw their nic juice 'fails' at each other...

Since another member has suggested getting together I have been waiting to hear more from them. I can only guess since they mentioned putting the posters in the venders store...the vender did not jump on hosting a meet and greet. If I were the store owner I would have jumped on that.

Waiting for someone to suggest a date, time, place....::vape:::

quikclik2

Dec 25, 2012
Springfield, mo
Two DIY'ers close enough to throw their nic juice 'fails' at each other...

Since another member has suggested getting together I have been waiting to hear more from them. I can only guess since they mentioned putting the posters in the venders store...the vender did not jump on hosting a meet and greet. If I were the store owner I would have jumped on that.

Waiting for someone to suggest a date, time, place....::vape:::

Well if no one else is planning one, I'll be happy too, just need to know about how many people to expect so I know if I should find a venue or just have a small gathering at my house. If someone has something in the works, please let me know.

quikclik2

Dec 25, 2012
Springfield, mo
Alexander Mandy started this thread for just that, not sure what is going on there or how far he has got. Reading above I see he did speak to the two B&M's about it.... I did not want to step on anyone's toes over it.

Ya, that's why I was kinda throwing the offer out there, I haven't heard an update, though I guess it hasn't been all that long since the thread was started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread