Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

Yeah, I don't know what it is with the Squape. I have 2 of them, and use them regularly. I like them, and think they are an inventive design. But they are a bit odd looking, for sure. They haven't really taken off, like the kayfun types.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I've built some Squapes for my buddy that can't build coils, and tried them... but to me they're only a marginally better vape than a Russian or 3.1, so I've never wanted to drop the cash. On the other hand, a clone... I might go for.
lol if you cant get a working coil in the squape i think rba's may not be for you.

the one thing i didnt like was the airflow, and there was no way i was tapping a 160 dollar atty stem but i will mod a 35 dollar version for sure. it worked really good with mesh though.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
lol if you cant get a working coil in the squape i think rba's may not be for you.

the one thing i didnt like was the airflow, and there was no way i was tapping a 160 dollar atty stem but i will mod a 35 dollar version for sure. it worked really good with mesh though.
My friend has issues with fine motor control due to a brain injury years ago, from a motorcycle road racing accident. If he still had shoes with laces... it could take him 20 minutes to tie them.

His wife does quite a bit for him of course... and I make and install all his coils. I started using Rene 41 a few weeks ago on his attys... and we're working on him being able to make and fit his own wicks, which would help with improving his independence.

If the Squape clone is pretty good quality and (hopefully) 1:1... I might buy a few, for me and my friend. If I need to mod them, I agree... I'd rather do it to a $40 clone than the $160 real deal.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
your a good friend man, ;)
Well thanks Thrasher... but if you ask my wife and daughter (or most anyone that knows me for that matter) - they'll tell ya' I'm a major PITA.
wink.gif

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Sorry to hear about your friend.... very nice gesture on your part to continue to help.
I'm sure he'd appreciate the gesture, but there's no need to feel sorry for him... he pulls down 200k a year, lives in a nice house with an indoor pool and (well filled) 6 car garage, has semi-great kids and a great wife... and he regularly gets speeding tickets on his street bikes - so he's not so bad off.

Would he trade it all for perfect body control... I wonder. I'll ask him next I see him.

Nice gesture for me? Naaa.... his wife makes a killer andouille sausage & pecorino pizza.
good2.gif

Thao

May 27, 2013
Germany
the squape clone looks really cheap - i talked to one guy who already bought it from a german reseller. (The reseller has sent a original squape over to china to make a copy of it.) shame on him - anyways the guy who already has this clone told me, that the base isn't ematal coated - it is something else... paint, varnish no body know - it already changed the color a bit after using it for 2 days... now he is scared to use it, because he do not trust this clone anymore. It could be a toxic varnish. No one is telling him, what they used for the base to make it non-conductive. be careful if you buy a clone

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I'm sure he'd appreciate the gesture, but there's no need to feel sorry for him... he pulls down 200k a year, lives in a nice house with an indoor pool and (well filled) 6 car garage, has semi-great kids and a great wife... and he regularly gets speeding tickets on his street bikes - so he's not so bad off.

Would he trade it all for perfect body control... I wonder. I'll ask him next I see him.

Nice gesture for me? Naaa.... his wife makes a killer andouille sausage & pecorino pizza.
good2.gif

Ok screw him then! LMAO! :eek: :p:thumbup:
Just kidding....but now I'm suddenly craving pizza?
I wish my wife made pizza! She's a good cook, or I wouldn't be the size I am :( NOW I'm sad....

Sent using my typewriter

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
the squape clone looks really cheap - i talked to one guy who already bought it from a german reseller. (The reseller has sent a original squape over to china to make a copy of it.) shame on him - anyways the guy who already has this clone told me, that the base isn't ematal coated - it is something else... paint, varnish no body know - it already changed the color a bit after using it for 2 days... now he is scared to use it, because he do not trust this clone anymore. It could be a toxic varnish. No one is telling him, what they used for the base to make it non-conductive. be careful if you buy a clone

Toxic clones....? Damn that's not funny

Sent using my typewriter

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Not much info on the web about ematal coating. How much does it cost to ematal coat?

I looked around the web, and you're right. There isn't a lot of info about it. But I'm assuming it's more expensive than more conventional anodizing techniques. But it does live up to it's billing. I have two Squapes which I have used and rebuilt many times. The ematal looks like new. No discoloration or scratches in the surface at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread