Squonk coil builds please

Status
Not open for further replies.

hambone0424

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Just got into squinting been wanting to for years since i first seen the reos or rios mod cant remember how they spell it well i finally got a squonk since the market is flooding with cheap mechs just some suggestions on what you use preferably kanthal bc thats what i am limited to right now from 24 to 38 really i know how to build claps fused n staggered so please just help me out a bit man im only running 18650 20 amps til my 20700s get here n yes i know ohms laws n i know to build safely for my 20 amp LG hg2 i just cant find a nice producing coil i like i got a .28 24g parallel right now single coil in my dead rabbit sorry for the dam novel i just wrote thanks in advance guys

Reactions: stols001

hambone0424

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Just got into squinting been wanting to for years since i first seen the reos or rios mod cant remember how they spell it well i finally got a squonk since the market is flooding with cheap mechs just some suggestions on what you use preferably kanthal bc thats what i am limited to right now from 24 to 38 really i know how to build claps fused n staggered so please just help me out a bit man im only running 18650 20 amps til my 20700s get here n yes i know ohms laws n i know to build safely for my 20 amp LG hg2 i just cant find a nice producing coil i like i got a .28 24g parallel right now single coil in my dead rabbit sorry for the dam novel i just wrote thanks in advance guys
I hate auto correct if it doesn' make sense just ask and I can clean it up for you guys im just lookin for builds what gauge wire inner diameter wraps you all know the bit thanks

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
For Single Battery Mechanical Squonkers, I think Single Wire/Single Coils work best. Single Battery Mechs just don't have enough Ummph to drive Higher Mass - Multi Wire coils.

And if you are going to run Dual Coils, single wire (to me) is almost a Must.

I like 316/316L 26ga for Single coils. But also have used 26ga NiChrome 80 which works well also.

hambone0424

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
For Single Battery Mechanical Squonkers, I think Single Wire/Single Coils work best. Single Battery Mechs just don't have enough Ummph to drive Higher Mass - Multi Wire coils.

And if you are going to run Dual Coils, single wire (to me) is almost a Must.

I like 316/316L 26ga for Single coils. But also have used 26ga NiChrome 80 which works well also.
I have not used any SS wire yet or nichrome really i have 26g ni80 as a core wrapped with 32g kanthal clapton wire u think like a single coil of that would hit nice i used to play around with a tube mech when I first started vaping back in 2013-14ish but at that time i was just wrapping 24g 26g 28g kanthal stuff n just learning about all of the buildng n ohms law n safety of vaping right and just seeing twisted messes hittin the scene hard and the crazy coils really started to blow up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread