Status
Not open for further replies.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
So I've had my woodville mini for a few months (just got it from this last batch Rob did). Everything has been working fine with it until a couple weeks ago. I'm using it with an RM2 & I've started having leaking issues through the threading on the RM2. I took the drip tip off & noticed that the liquid isn't draining back down again. So I took the atty off & cleaned it out to make sure something wasn't stuck in the drain hole. I thought it was working right again after the cleaning but now I see that the liquid is not draining again.

I keep my wick real short on the side with the drain hole so I know it's not covering the hole. In fact, when I checked it this time I pulled the wick out & it was still not draining the liquid. I took the atty off & I see that it's not draining at the 510 connector. So I'm not sure what to do about this as I can't get the rubber tube off & I don't want to break something messing around with it. It seems like the tube is glued on. But there is nothing inside the tube blocking flow. If something is in there it's in the little copper piece the tube attaches to & I don't know what to do about that.

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem? Thanks for the help.

boilednuts

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
ALOHA STATE
Try loosening the bottle cap to create a vent to release air inside the bottle. If you see the liquid start to flow back into the bottle until the RM2 is empty then you know there are no clogs. Tighten the cap again and you should be ready to go. To prevent further issues, do not repeat squonks until the excess liquid returns to the bottle from the previous squonk. Too much liquid inside the RM2's well will prevent a vent from occurring, not allowing the excess juice to return back into the bottle.

Sometimes we "over squonk" thinking the coil inside the atty is low on juice, but actually the battery may be too low to allow proper atty function, the atty is not tightened enough to provide proper contact or the firing button on the Reo is actually in the lock position. These issues should be addressed first and for those just starting, make sure the feed tube's opening is not in contact with the bottle's floor.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will see if it's not a problem with the oring/bottle cap as I seem to recall the problem started after I filled it. That was one of the things that had me perplexed in that I hadn't done anything "weird" to cause anything to change so I couldn't figure out why there would be any change. But I might have moved something when I put the bottle back on after that fill so I'll check it out. Most appreciated everyone.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
So I reset the oring & cap & it seems to be working fine again. Thanks for all the help everyone. I think if this starts to be a regular problem I'm going to change to the other type bottle that doesn't use an oring. With this particular mod the bottle has a very tight squeeze to fit in, height wise, so that might be a better alternative. I'll have to wait & see though. Anyway, glad it got worked out because seeing eliquid all over my mod each morning was NOT making me happy.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
So, it's been a little over a week & I'm not having any leaking now. But after resettting the oring & cap I'm getting tons of air leaking out through the threads where the bottle & the cap screw together. I tried a couple more times to adjust the oring & cap but since the air's leaking out the threading from the bottle/cap I don't know how to affect any difference. Do I just need to replace the bottle? I haven't been using it that long (a few months). How long before you need to replace them?

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
This problem reminds me of why I love my Reos so much, and that's because there's very little that can ever go wrong with them. It sounds like the OP's problem was a cap/bottle problem and if so, the fix couldn't be any easier. And the best reason for stocking up on bottles. Cheap fix. I love the mechanical mods because they're never subject to all the problems that the regulated mods can have. But I like my Reos the very best of all. They're just plain easy to use and...fun! :D

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
Also...! Make sure the end of the tube is not making contact with the bottom of the bottle. That will create issues. I cut the end of my tube at a slight angle to prevent it from sucking itself to the bottom of the bottle.

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

The bottom of my tube is touching the bottom of the bottle! OMGosh! Just cut it at an angle? thanks!

Tracey

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
So, it's been a little over a week & I'm not having any leaking now. But after resettting the oring & cap I'm getting tons of air leaking out through the threads where the bottle & the cap screw together. I tried a couple more times to adjust the oring & cap but since the air's leaking out the threading from the bottle/cap I don't know how to affect any difference. Do I just need to replace the bottle? I haven't been using it that long (a few months). How long before you need to replace them?
I have run into bottles that just wont seat properly . I dont no what kind of juice you using but some juices will cause problems with the gaskets causing them to swell

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
I have run into bottles that just wont seat properly . I dont no what kind of juice you using but some juices will cause problems with the gaskets causing them to swell

I've used this eliquid many times before & not had this problem.

When I first got this particular mod, the bottle was screwed on a little wonky. I filled it & the first couple times it seemed like it didn't match up quite right. Then it started screwing in fine & I forgot I ever had that problem. I guess I assumed it was fixed & not a problem any longer. Perhaps it was never really fixed & now it's just warn out earlier than normal as a result. I have 1 extra bottle (I got 1 with my first REO)

I I'll try the other bottle & hopefully that will alleviate the problem. I thought maybe I just wasn't putting the oring back in right but after trying it so many times I'm sure that can't be it. Anyway, thanks for the feedback everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread