SS GGTS Rethreaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee72

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
UK
Hi all,

Just got my SS today and I'm loving it so far. The only problem I'm having is I can't seem to get the little adaptor on so I can use 901's. Is there a trick to it? Also does the collection tank come apart?

Actually as I was typing this it occured to me to attach the adaptor to the 901 first and use that to screw it in. Simple really! :facepalm:

My collection tank question still stands though.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
For all people that have an issue to unscrew the connector, after the above procedure you can put a smaller o-ring around connector so it will be easier to unscrew it. I use a 18/1,5 o-ring so you can use a 17/1,5 or 16/1,5 o-ring. If you deside to change the o-ring dont forget to put vaseline on it before you put it on place.

capevette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
I tried putting the rethreaders on to use a 901 and a 808 carto but guess what they won't thread in? A 510 atty will and a 510 carto will. Get this the rethreaders will thread onto my ego's my SB and any other 510 connector but not on the SS GGTS. Even tried my rethreaders from my other GGTS the brass ones no go either. What gives? ended up using a std 510-901 adapter instead.

jinoo

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2011
Georgia
Ok Imeo, thanks for the instructions. And thanks jinoo, you don't like 901's? It's the reason I wanted to put the rethreader on, LR901's are great.

I've never tried 901 yet. I do have 901 atomizers though(I think it is DSE or SLB which I purchased from China months ago and never used lol). For me 510 is enough because it is usually based on almost every Mod and I do not have to use an adopter. But I might give it a try if you say so!! Any particular brand of 901 atomizer you recommand?

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
gloves are a very nice idea but if you see that you still cant do it please unscrew the CR, keep with one hand the threads and with the other hand put a thin screwdriver or something similar to the side hole of the connector and you will unscrew it lee:)

That little hole has come in handy many many times with both the GGTS and the GGTB. Another small, but important feature.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I tried putting the rethreaders on to use a 901 and a 808 carto but guess what they won't thread in? A 510 atty will and a 510 carto will. Get this the rethreaders will thread onto my ego's my SB and any other 510 connector but not on the SS GGTS. Even tried my rethreaders from my other GGTS the brass ones no go either. What gives? ended up using a std 510-901 adapter instead.
I had a bit of an issue putting mine in but I attached it to the 901 first and worked in in and out and eventually got it to thread in enough to work.

lee72

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
UK
I've never tried 901 yet. I do have 901 atomizers though(I think it is DSE or SLB which I purchased from China months ago and never used lol). For me 510 is enough because it is usually based on almost every Mod and I do not have to use an adopter. But I might give it a try if you say so!! Any particular brand of 901 atomizer you recommand?

Try some Low Resistance 901's, any brand. Great flavour and vape.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
cape, screw and unscrew some times an old 510 atomizer to the GGTS connector and it will get opened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread