• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

SS TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ants888

Dec 29, 2015
Hey bros ,

Anyone using SS in TC mode? As i'm having some issues using it and info is still not widely available on this.

Currently using,
Mod : Xcube Mini
tank : uwell crown rba ( Single Coil )
Resistance : 0.23
Temperature : 400F
TCR : 0.00092 ( As taken from the net)

There must be some kind of setting which i'm doing it wrong but so far i can't find any answers regarding this on an xcube mini.

Once i fire up the mod , within 1 sec it shows i've reached the temperature.I would have to fire all the way up to 500F until i start to get minimum vapour.

I've tried the cotton burnt test , until 480F , the cotton is still not burnt and it's just barely warm which means that the temperature shown is not what exactly it is as i've read that cotton burns at 420F.

Second set up tried with ,

Zephyrus V2
0.25 ( Dual coil )

when i fire it , the temperature remains at only about 190F but the vape is slightly hot and has a slight burnt taste to it.

Not sure what i'm doing wrong here.

seraphe

Account closed on request
Aug 19, 2015
X CUBE MINI - SMOK® Being with you for all great vaping time!

Smoktech says this on the official x-cube mini website:
"The default temperature sensing coil material is Nickel 200. Titanium and Stainless Steel Coil are optional for an additional charge. Customers who desire them can purchase and active by our mobile application."

So yours is different?

Reactions: nonokumurah.k

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
If im not wrong, tc for ss and ti are made free alr, for the x cube 2 at least. anyways try setting to ss mode via the app. the settings should stick with the app

And I just paid not long ago leh.

Anyway, the TC on the x-cube is really inaccurate and hard to play with. I actually gave up on TC because of X-Cube II, at least until a chance to get a better TC device.

Edit:
X-cube Mini is a different story altogether, not applicable to TS's issue

Last edited:

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
All wires free on the Smok TreeBox, only recent Smok mod that doesnt need to pay for the extra wires. Using 316L SS (with 0.00092 TCR set for SS on mod) for over a month on it, no issues

Sorry dude, you have to pay for the extra wires to be enabled. Install the app and go from there.

Reactions: VapGeek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread