!st vaping party

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
I have some friends that are interested in the ecigs. I invited them over for a get together to talk about ecigs and have them sample a lot of the flavors I have. One of my friends is a women and laughed at my Kgo and said it looked like a cigar. I told her they make some ecigs that look like regular cigarettes. I know shes going to like the vaping but I also know that shes going to ask me which ecig I'd recommend that looks like an cigarette. I know this answer is going to be ask of me many more times in the future, so I would like to get a little input if I could.

I heard a few times of the volt? mentioned. I would think the biggest battery and 510 threads would be all that is required for a good starter set. What do you think?

I'll definitely recommend this site.

I also have plenty of drip tips so people don't have to share.

Anyone ever have a vaping party for newbies?

ChinMullet

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
Outer Space
I have a Volt (808) and a Silver Bullet (510). Both are great products.

I started with a Volt kit - 2 batteries, PCC, some prefilled carto sampler packs, etc. Cost was about $60. Right away, the potential was obvious that this thing could maybe help me quit smoking. I weened myself off cigs and onto the Volt over a few weeks. Also quickly apparent was that I was going to need more batteries, chargers, and cartos to ensure success. I now have 7 batteries, three chargers, a dozen boxes of blank cartos, and lots of juice - all stashed around home, the office, and my car. I do not want to be caught without backup and have to resort to cigs. The Volt makes this easy and cheap, tho I have spent about $250 on all this Volt stuff now. I am not a fan of the PCC, btw. I'm always near a computer, so no need for me to charge a PCC only to turn around and charge a battery with it. I just charge the batteries directly via USB.

Then I found ECF, and based on much of what I read here, became convinced that I needed a 510 big battery mod. One of the popular choices for simplicity and reliability was the Silver Bullet, so I bought one. By the time I added two good batteries, a charger, a couple of tanks, some cartos, a few attys and drip tips, etc my order was about $250. It has been everything I expected - no frills dependable vaping with less battery charging and fewer juice refilling needs.

I use the SB at home, and the Volt everywhere else. Every night, my ritual is recharging my Volt batteries and refilling a few Volt cartos for the next day. I only recharge/refill my SB every 4 or 5 days.

As you read the rest of this, please note that I am not a big throat hit fan.

Honestly, I like the Volt better than the SB. The vapor is smoother, it handles more like a cigarette, and I just slip a few into my shirt pocket every day.

The SB is built like a rock, offers much less refilling/recharging, and 510 seems to be preferred by many over the 808. However, the vapor just isn't as good, to me. It's harsh in the throat and has less flavor. I've even done side by side comparisons with fresh carts, same juice, etc. My opinion is that the Volt cartos have a lot to do with my preference...be it cartos materials, construction, or resistance differences.

If I could keep only one, it would be the Volt.

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
I am going to recommend the volt to anyone that wants a regular looking cig. Mainly because its 510 and good batteries. Some of my other friends like the KGO and the Vmod xl.

Whats the fastest way to clean an atty? Being I'm fairly new to atties I want to use them when were sampling the juices. Would you rinse them in water or PGA and blow them out? Or put a couple of drops of VG or PG on the atty and burn off the old flavor?

I know ... how about a well modded HOOKAH !!! That would be awesome!!!! LMAO... has anyone ever built one? It would surely be a fun project to build.

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
Let me know what you think of the volt.

Ok, got the Volt kit in today and I'm giving it a whirl. So far I'm pretty impressed with the vapor production on such a small unit. I'm not sure about the throat hit just yet and I spazzed out and ordered 12mg instead of 18mg in the pre-filled cartos so I'm vaping my way through one to change the juice in it.

The battery feels solid and the finish on it is nice. I'm going to use it exclusively to see how long the battery lasts. Granted, I'm using it with the out of box initial charge then I'll charge it up and see how long it lasts on a full charge.

I got grape flavored prefills and the taste is decent. It's not an all day flavor for me but it's vapable.

I think I'd be pretty comfortable recommending these to someone new who wanted the feel of a cigarette. Though the battery I got in manual, the button has a low profile that is easy for me to depress with the flat of my finger allowing me to hold and use it like an auto.

It feels so weird to me now though as my current set up is much larger lol

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
Elite Vaporworks Cartomizers - Signature Series 808 has anyone tried these cartos? They are horizontal coil like the smokeless image and Bloog ones. They seem to be a good price, if they taste good. I dont like the V4L cartos they taste like plastic to me and they are the old style cartos. The horizontal coils work much better with the Volt style batts rather than the old 808 bats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread