Status
Not open for further replies.

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
Yes and no. Generally the vaping community looks down on stacking batteries but that's because most people don't do it correctly. If you're going to stack batteries you need to get a charger that's capable of charging and balancing the pack (the two batteries you stacked). After you stack them, those batteries should be together for the rest of their life. Look at battery packs for RC cars/trucks, they're stacked lithium ion cells, stacking lithium ion cells is not dangerous if you do it correctly.

DarkDays93

ECF Veteran
Yes and no. Generally the vaping community looks down on stacking batteries but that's because most people don't do it correctly. If you're going to stack batteries you need to get a charger that's capable of charging and balancing the pack (the two batteries you stacked). After you stack them, those batteries should be together for the rest of their life. Look at battery packs for RC cars/trucks, they're stacked lithium ion cells, stacking lithium ion cells is not dangerous if you do it correctly.

Thanks, I have the NiteCore Intellicharger I2. It's capable of charging them both at the same time even if they are at different levels (charge wise)

Any idea if that's good enough?

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Thanks, I have the NiteCore Intellicharger I2. It's capable of charging them both at the same time even if they are at different levels (charge wise)

Any idea if that's good enough?
No, you misunderstood. You need a charger that can charge them WHILE stacked and is capable of balancing each cell. Something like this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._6_50W_6A_Balancer_Charger_w_Accessories.html With a charger like this you will need to pick up these to attach the alligator clips to 10 Pcs New 18650 17500 18500 Battery 3 6 4 2V Clip Holder Box Case Black | eBay or the equivalent for whatever size battery you're using, the 18650 might fit stacked 18350s.

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Stacking batteries is so 2009. Vaping equipment has evolved a bit sinse then. So in todays world, why would you want to stack batteries when there are far safer, and better, ways to do the same thing?
You mock stacking batteries but it's really common, mods like the Duke (any OKR-T/10 mod) use stacked batteries, any mods that use the Naos Raptor also use stacked batteries.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Ya I built several mods using OKR converters, so I'm quite familier with them, but in todays world they're "Old Hat". Even an Evolv Kick will perform as well.

I was just curious to see if I could do it as I currently only have 2 18350's. Looks like I'll just have to buy a couple of 18650's instead.

The real problem with stacking 18350 batteries is that you are still limited by each batteries safe amperage limit.
    Stacked they would give you double the voltage to play with, but they would not give you double the amperage)

Last edited:

John_

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2013
    Ya I built several mods using OKR converters, so I'm quite familier with them, but in todays world they're "Old Hat". Even an Evolv Kick will perform as well.

The Kick v2 is capable of outputting about 2-6 volts at 6amps. The OKR-T/10 costs about a fourth of the price of the Kick and is capable of about 0.6-6 volts at 10 amps. The Naos Raptor (NSR020A0X43Z) however leaves them both in the dust capable of about 0.6-6 volts at 20 amps still for about half of the price of a Kick. If you're vaping on cartos and clearos, the kick is probably the simplest solution but as far as performance goes, your best option an OKR or raptor chip.

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    First, you will most likely need the long tube to use stacked 18350's in the SVD. The short tube works for all single batteries up to and including the 18650 but stacked 18350's are longer and will probably need the long tube to fit.

Second as others have mentioned there can be some safety concerns with stacking if not done properly, but yes it can be done.

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    The real problem with stacking 18350 batteries is that you are still limited by each batteries safe amperage limit. Stacked they would give you double the voltage to play with, but they would not give you double the amperage)

Right. However if someone build a box mod that could use 2 18350's in parallel, that would keep the voltage the same while doubling the available current. This would actually reduce risk for overdrawing batteries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread