Status
Not open for further replies.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Gosh... I'm usually one to throw caution to the wind and try new things... this one is kinda scary though. I'm glad he found out it's not aluminium, that would be begging for trouble. Even if it is nickel or ss I'd like to see how this foam material withstands a torching. All I can think about when I watch that video is how steel wool burns when you put a flame to it.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Wow, not much discussion on this topic... I just noticed there is a CoOp starting for some foam made from nickel. The general consensus seems to be that regular attys with metal wool surrounding the ceramic cup to wick juice to the coil are, and have been used for years, and should be safe to use as a wick.

NayrTrawe

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
Chicago, IL
This to me is getting to borderline crackhead territory, I'm all about the next step but sometimes image has to come in to play. This is the same kind of stuff getting put in little glass tubes for smoking other things. No bueno

I was watching a show about addiction last night and I had no idea what they were using in their glass tubes - now it makes sense. Definitely won't be touching this stuff.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Thats all you need to have in your car one day and get pulled over and have that one ahole cop who is ignorant to what an e-cig is and see some steel foam laying around. You'll end up with some shiny new bracelets on and a fun ride on a plastic seat

The same can be said for an officer who sees a PV with a genny on it... Or any PV for that matter. Some "herbal" vaporizers look exactly like an eGo with a special ceramic carto... I had a friend's younger son ask to use a Sigelei Zmax & Kanger T3 I had with me because he thought it was for "herbs"... :facepalm:

NayrTrawe

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
Chicago, IL
The same can be said for an officer who sees a PV with a genny on it... Or any PV for that matter. Some "herbal" vaporizers look exactly like an eGo with a special ceramic carto... I had a friend's younger son ask to use a Sigelei Zmax & Kanger T3 I had with me because he thought it was for "herbs"... :facepalm:

I have been concerned about that when I am driving around with my Zen Sidewinder since it has a SS tank. However, I am confident that if I am able to bring up the HOH website showing what it actually is that I should be fine.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
umm The material they use for the glass tubes are actually SS mesh cut into tiny circles so that tobacco does not fall through and into your mouth. Same material also used for wooden tobacco pipes

Actually, what they're discussing has nothing to do with tobacco, or leafy burnables.. The screen used in the discussed glass tube application is a popular brand copper scouring pad with no soap in it... That's as far as I'm going with this due to the forum's rule on drug talk.. I suggest we stick to the thread topic about using the SS foam for vaping wicks... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread