stainless steel wire, whats a good choice for temp control and what's good for normal power

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomitom12

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2014
marina, california
I ask this because i have a uwell crown sitting on a evic vtc mini. uwell used d grade wire which i'm assuming is good for normal power, but i found in temp it's good for a couple of weeks then it gets funny tasting and dry hits and or burns up easily. I've been told L grade wire is better for temp but i don't know. I would like to try titanium one day and see the difference. i like the nickel coil but it doesn't last long three to four weeks tops. What would you recommend for wire, attie, rta or rda.

tomitom12

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2014
marina, california
430 grade works equally well in both modes I've been using 25 awg 430 for a couple of weeks very easy to work with and giving me the cleanest vape I've had to date.
interesting because everyone ive talked to said that anything in a 316 range is good. i'm assuming that 316 is 3 16ths of an inch and 430 is 4 30ths of an inch so it's thicker? Sorry for sounding like a noob but when i did my research on temp control i must of skipped over or glossed over the different grades of wire

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
No such thing as a dumb question no the 316 & 430 numbers are the steel grade I use 430 as I find it more stable in tc then 304, 316 or 317. Wire thickness is called awg popular are 28 and 26 I'm currently using 25awg as that was the only one in stock at the time I ordered the lower the number the thicker the wire so 26 awg is thicker then 30awg. Vaping Wire is the company I use they stock nearly every common type have a look to get a bit more familiar.

tomitom12

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2014
marina, california
i think so too, thought i would ask. Thanks so much for explaining all of this to me now i have a good idea what to get when i get the rba section for my crown. Would you know anything about nickel and titanium? i know that its a divided choice some like it some don't go near it and some are allergic to it. also nicrome. havent heard much on it.I'm anxious to try titanium im one of those who like to get the fullest potential out of my devices and atties.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    No such thing as a dumb question no the 316 & 430 numbers are the steel grade I use 430 as I find it more stable in tc then 304, 316 or 317. Wire thickness is called awg popular are 28 and 26 I'm currently using 25awg as that was the only one in stock at the time I ordered the lower the number the thicker the wire so 26 awg is thicker then 30awg. Vaping Wire is the company I use they stock nearly every common type have a look to get a bit more familiar.

I did not fire up an order for wire just yet at The Crazy Wire Co., and I wondered is they a place in the US with similar products? I have no issues with buying from overseas, but thought that possibly buying in the US is cheaper.

Thank you!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    I've been looking into SS wire as well. Unkamen has the 430 wire (200' for $10), but I have only seen 28g from them. Fasttech has the 316 in multiple gauges, and some is sitting in my cart, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet....

I'm also looking for versatility between TC and VV/VW - it would be great to have a "one size fits all", but I don't know if that's practical....

@Rizzyking - thanks for your take on what you've experienced with the 316 and the 430. Maybe I'll just pull the stinking trigger and get the Unkamen :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread