Status
Not open for further replies.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi jaja. I smoked for 45 years 2 pad. Picked up a Blu on a whim when buying a carton of cigarettes back in early June. Did not do the trick for me but got me curious. Hit google and found ECF. A couple of weeks, lots of reading and asking questions and I finally bought a kit that had 2 1300mah spinners, 2 evods. Also picked up a 510 atty and some juice. Dropped down to 2 cigs a day then had a blown atty and realized that 18mg nic was not cutting the cravings. I felt like I was being chased by the cigarettes. Got a new atty and 24mg juice and have not had a cigarette since 7/12/13.

It does work. You need to have good enough batteries and backups so while one is charging the other can be used. You need to make sure you have juice in high enough nic level to curb cravings and something you can vape for long periods to satisfy you.

Are you vaping yet? Have you purchased your first setup? Let us know so we can help you. And welcome to ECF. Lots to learn here and there are many people ready to help you.

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
I quit late last year (my join date) but didn't make it long. I boxed up my e-cig stuff and put it up.
Early this year I decided to give it another try with a VV battery and several different atomizers. I actually did it this time after a decade of trying. I think having a better setup helped. (1000 mah twist + Vision Vivi Nova)

This is what finally worked for me (from another thread)

I smoked for 30+ years 1-2 packs a day and every time I'd think about quitting, I'd smoke more from the stress.
Tried the patch, gum, lozenges and cold turkey.
Even tried vaping and gave up late last year.

When I started vaping (20mg) again about 6-8 months ago, I allowed myself to smoke as much as I wanted, I just had to stand in the kitchen doing nothing else. Whenever I wanted a cigarette, I'd vape some first and then the cig wasn't as satisfying.

Cut down to 20 a day right away and focused on the ones I didn't smoke. I found myself putting smoking off longer and longer because I didn't want to leave the computer and go stand in the kitchen. After about month I was down to 2-3 a day. Made myself smoke 1 a day for the next month to keep me from thinking they were better than they really were. Found I didn't feel better after my daily cig after all.

After that, the only time I really wanted one is with my morning coffee and after meals. A strong slightly unpleasant tasting tobacco juice REALLY helped with that. Guess I needed the aftertaste.

That's how it was for me. I couldn't just stop. Some people can but I certainly couldn't. It was a process. Vaping is different from smoking and it takes some time to get used to it. Hell even changing cigarette brands is hard. Just focus on the progress

It still seems weird to say "I don't smoke", I couldn't even imagine what it would be like.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Hey jaja, if I can do it. . .anybody that wants to can do it. I smoked tobacco alittle more than 52 years, (2.5 PAD when I started vaping). I didn't really ever quit and go back. . .rather hung onto doing "Double Duty", smoking & vaping for 6 months afore I could go "Solo" vaping. About a year and a half of cutting nic levels, and quitting flavors. Feb 6th was my last vape. Now, I do neither and can't say as I miss either. Good Luck with your quit(s). JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
With a vv eGo type or better, a decent tank, and liquid with a high enough nic level for you, the need to smoke cigarettes just disappears. I wasn't even planning on quitting. I was just trying it out and it's been over 2 weeks no cigs.

The first few days I was having a couple of cigarettes here and there but I just kept vaping and it got less and less. Finally one morning I just decided to not have one. I was really scared to stop smoking so that was a huge thing for me.

Other than a couple of fleeting thoughts that went away in a few seconds about trying one a little over a week ago it's been smooth sailing.

The main thing to remember is to keep vaping. Even if you have a cigarette here and there, don't pressure yourself and don't feel guilty and give up if you DO have one. Take it one step at a time and make a promise to not stress out over it because it's an ongoing process.

Just keep hanging out here with us and you'll have all the support you need. :)

I smoked a pack or better a day for 37 years.

Last edited:

fetalbounce

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
San Jose, CA
So, I've lurked around on this forum in the past and never posted before. Ventured here first when I started experimenting with e-cigs; back now that I'm trying to start again after a few months of relapsing into smoking analogs. I'll be glad to hear from others who've been where I am and have been successful on later attempts.:unsure:

I tried to quit smoking quite a few times. The longest I made it was about six months. The last few times I tried the longest I made it was a couple of days, and I thought I was going to lose my freaking mind.

Then a friend sent me an ego mini. I played with it while I was smoking the last two packs of analogs I had left. When I ran out of cigs, the ego seemed to do the trick just fine, so I stuck with it.

The ego tank got kind of clogged and started spitting juice on me. I bought a pack of smokes, but I didn't feel satisfied with them. I wanted my ego back in working order. I went to a vape shop and bought a new tank, some replacement ohm thingeys, a couple of extra batteries, and some juice.

I haven't had a smoke in about three weeks now, and the thought of one isn't all that appealing.

I love my ego. I think most people just naturally switch once they start vaping. I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 20 years...

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Welcome to ECF Jaja! I tried to quit several years ago with a cigalike and it was a flop. Where I failed was in using 4-8mg juice. This time I started at 18mg but then went up to 24mg for a while during the worst bit of withdrawal, then back to 18mg and have started working my down slowly. My other big mistake was quitting cigarettes too soon. Cold turkey the first time, huge mistake. Second time I had a terrible time quitting the last 5-10 cigarettes a day but still hung in there vaping. Do this on your timetable, not what someone else predetermines for you. You can do it and don’t forget to check out all the cool toys to help you quit. :)

Bauk

Oct 16, 2013
Belgrade, Serbia
From my experience and people around me I learned few things. It is of most importance to find right setup! Second step is liquid brand and/or flavor but first step is much more important. I have seen people trying some low quality batteries and juices and then were surprised why it wasn't good enough. So solid battery / ecig starter kit is important. Then you need to be willing to try different things, cartomizers, atomizers, clearomizer tanks etc... they all REALLY do taste and feel different. About e-liquids, do some research. It's hard to recommend flavors since all of us have unique taste and cravings :) But overall, you can't go wrong with Halo. Great vapor production, high quality "creamy" vape, excellent throat hit even with lower levels of nicotine.

Hope this helped, best regards,
Lovecoach

DigChrono

Oct 4, 2013
NC, USA
I smoked for awhile, and spent most of that time trying to quit (I'm asthmatic), but couldn't. I went through too many gas station disposables before getting a Vapor4Life Zeus, which I haven't had for very long (I recommend it, but it's a bit pricey). Try different juices and different setups, and try to make the switch at your own pace. I smoked for awhile even while I vaped regularly, and now cigarettes have become a treat more than anything. Get a few bottles of juice in different flavors and strengths, see what you like and what nic level works for you. I started out at 24mg, and now I'm down to usually 11mg/14mg, so don't start low, but try to decrease the level as you feel comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread