Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Surprising Reasons Vaping Bans Draw Pushback
"The whole idea is to get away from cigarettes, so the last thing you want is a nasty-tasting imitation tobacco flavor and a harsh burn on the back of your throat.”

Gregory Conley, president AMERICAN vaping ASSOCIATION
A well researched and written article laying out how we got here, where we are nationally, and the breadth of positions. After rampant and well-funded hysteria, misinformation, and falsehood by organizations such as Tobacco Free Kids, ALA, AHA, UCSF, etc., and ongoing distortion by media, it is good to see harm reduction with a seat at the table

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Overall, a fairly good article. I think it could have been better researched though. Some things that I didn't care for: there is no mention of or the difference between salt and freebase nic, and the vape shop owner was quoted (maybe incorrectly) as saying it was THC not nicotine that caused the lung illnesses. It was neither. It was the vit. E acetate used in the THC cartridges.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    From the article:
    “This is an industry that spends $9 billion a year in marketing, and a lot of that is designed to get kids addicted,” said John Schachter, state policy director for the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids.
    I'm sorry, but there is no fracking way that the vaping industry spends $9 billion a year on marketing. Now perhaps the tobacco industry does spend that much (although I'm skeptical even of that claim since they're pretty much prohibited from advertising their products these days), but in an case, Mr. Schachter is deliberately trying to mislead people with that statement. I suppose that's not entirely surprising though, considering who he works for.

The refillable tanks are the clunkier, low-tech devices...
    Lower-tech? Look at pretty much and device with an Evolv DNA or board, or a Dicodes mod and tell me that's lower-tech than a Juul. Look at something like a Lost Vape Orion or a Billet Box and tell me how clunky it is.

...that create a huge cloud of vapor and are primarily used by budget-conscious adults who either consider vaping a safer alternative to smoking or want to vape nicotine liquids in places where they can’t smoke cigarettes.
    Because creating huge clouds of vapor is welcome in places where they can't smoke cigarettes?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread