Statement from Totally Wicked

Status
Not open for further replies.

justlooking

Jul 9, 2012
uk
I happened to be on UKV when it all "kicked off", (and perhaps, like many others, I have witnessed a fair bit of the "history" behind this debacle,) I wasn't actually posting at that time, because I didn't really want to get involved, and nor did I see it as my place to do so...

As other members of the community that, like myself, consider themselves "mere" consumers, have already mentioned on this thread, I feel very upset and aggrieved that this situation had to "play-out" like it did...and perhaps it could have been avoided?

Imo, certain posts by a certain person were overtly inflammatory. There was just no rational justification for certain things that were said, and especially some comments that were aimed at the wider ukv community, who were totally unaware of the situation....

I imagine that a lasting impression has been made...and "us lot," as ecig related consumers, will act as we see fit based on that impression...not just with our wallets, but with our recommendations and opinions on vendors we like to frequent...

b3ast1e

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
UK South Coast
At the risk of incurring the wrath of the community for necro'ing a thread that's probably better off left in a shallow grave....

I just wanted to report, for anyone interested purely in the fate of the UKV community,that we appear to be in fine fettle, our new home - thanks to the great guys who run it and recognised exactly what made it tick - feels very much like our old one - 'tis but a scratch, and we've had worse.

I tell you what though, gave me chance to spend more time here again, almost forgot how great the ECF is :)

Anyway, I'm no spokesman, just my tuppence ha'penny.

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
[HTM Originally Posted by PaulB
I've been reading through all this with a sort of sick fascination, but thoroughly vicariously as I've never purchased anything from TW or looked in on UK Vapers.

What fascinates me is what it suggests about the size and shape of the vaping world. It often occurs to me that, as huge a forum as ECF is, only a tiny fraction of those who use e-cigarettes (regularly or not) have ever visited here. This episode--a major vendor starting out by burning its bridges with the largest online forum of its native country's users, and then doing the same with the largest forum of its kind in the world (ECF)--suggests that we forum users are an insignificant, expendable segment of the market. Can that be so?L][/HTML]

Still new at this, my intent was to quote the above post.

I had similar thoughts reading thru this thread and other information about this subject. Just have to say what goes around ,comes around. I have seen many posts from people stating that they will never buy from a certain vendor ever again. I however suspect that many many more have and will continue to do what I have (up until now that is:) ) . That is speak privately but ultimately loudly with my wallet. I havent made any posts on the subject ever until today. But there are SO many choices when it comes to spending my hard earned dollars in the world of vaping, and for me personally I'm going to make sure I feel good about where I spend those dollars. I CHOOSE to give my money to those companies that make me feel good about where I spend my money. There is no way I'm alone in feeling this way. A small or medium sized company trying to provide a superior product, or provide superior service, run by people who have personally invested themselves 100% into providing the products and service that they do to the very best of their abilities, that genuinely care abut me as a customer beyond my last online click. Those that are committed to the community as a whole, for whom both vaping and vapors are a passion do,and will continue to get my business. I don't care how big ANY company gets, I refuse to believe that you can be successful in the long term if you don't hold to those values, especially when there are so many who do.

lewstherin69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Marietta, GA
I honestly think its a sad day when a open forum can be brought down by the rants of 1 person. i do not know the full story behind the incident and have only rarely visited UKV in the past but i do know that like ECF there were a lot of people who probably lost money in the classifieds section while all this was sorted out. i hope the best for the people from UKV in re-establishing their new forum and welcome any members who came to ECF from UKV.

Nubiwan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2012
Seattle
I would really be grateful to find out the FACTS here.

I wasted the last 45 minutes trying to get the story. Read the TW statement, the explanation from the UKVapers forum and the letter from TW's lawyers.

I also navigated to a TW website where I saw their Odyssey hybrid which looked interesting - kinda too bad that I can't even consider ordering anything from such a wildly reactionary organization. Or, am I wrong? From where I sit, it's impossible to know but my heart goes out to Jackie Plage - talk about rocks and hard places!

I've spent time as a mod on a game forum and believe me things can get tense when you get a few individuals flaming each other. However, right now this seems to be a case of a vendor trying to control content on an open forum. HOW can they have a legitimate 'beef'?

I continue to be impressed with the way the ECF operates, the rules are stated right up front and the Admins keep order rather un-obtrusively. The thought that any vendor would be able to edit posts they don't like here turns my stomach. Keep things open and free and the truth will always come out.

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
Yea there is no way I would ever even consider ordering from a totalitarian company that is so against free speech. It seems to me that a better response would be to fix the problems that made the customers unhappy than to try the commie route.

But like I said they will never get my business for 2 reasons 1 they hate free speech and can't handle people's opinions and the second reason is they seem to be more interested in pushing the name than they are a good product backed by a mentally stable company.

Sent from my truck using 3 toasters a broken microwave and 6 rubber bands McGyver style......Chuck Norris aint got crap on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread