Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
If he is Fraser, then he got banned from his own forum! ;)

Hi, I just posted on TW forum that the letter proves they did not have a case, I added a smiley (supplied by TW). Now my post has been removed!!!! I have asked them why.

UPDATE I got my answer, I have been banned, so much for free speech, you must agree with TW or be Banned!!

REET_AZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
It is very good that the site is re-starting...good for the community!

Tis surely a shame that the vast amounts of knowledge and history of vaping are not there. We will all have to join (from both sides of the pond) to build up your database in a spirit of brotherhood/sisterhood. How far back do we want to go...I personally would like to forget my first stick batteries....but if you think its important ... :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Isn't it amazing that the CEO of a big company didn't have the sense to just use the "report this post button" and walk away.

That would have been what a Sensible person would have done. No, that isn’t what Blew Me Away.

What blew me away was that a CEO of a Major e-Cigarette company posted a video which many found in Very Poor Taste and Offensive. Then he went onto the Largest e-Cigarette forum in the UK repeated told members how much He Hated the Forum and how the World was Going to End.

I guess all this could have been credited to Too much Drinking and or a Temporary Unstable State of Mind. We have all gone on a Rant and posted some things that we feel sorry about them when we wake up. Everyone is Human and can make a mistake.

But it seems if you Insult and Provoke even Reasonable People, aren’t they going to turn Against You?

I’m glad I read the Actual Post of the Threads that were on UKvapers. Because a Vastly Different picture is being portrayed on another Forum other than this one. And a Very Different Spin was told during a Audio interview on the Internet.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
It is very good that the site is re-starting...good for the community!

Tis surely a shame that the vast amounts of knowledge and history of vaping are not there. We will all have to join (from both sides of the pond) to build up your database in a spirit of brotherhood/sisterhood. How far back do we want to go...I personally would like to forget my first stick batteries....but if you think its important ... :)

Awww c'mon people need to know about blue foam, the straw mod and the pyramid tea bag mod. It can't be a real vaping forum without information about that kind of stuff. :)

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
I've been reading through all this with a sort of sick fascination, but thoroughly vicariously as I've never purchased anything from TW or looked in on UK Vapers.

What fascinates me is what it suggests about the size and shape of the vaping world. It often occurs to me that, as huge a forum as ECF is, only a tiny fraction of those who use e-cigarettes (regularly or not) have ever visited here. This episode--a major vendor starting out by burning its bridges with the largest online forum of its native country's users, and then doing the same with the largest forum of its kind in the world (ECF)--suggests that we forum users are an insignificant, expendable segment of the market. Can that be so?

Dauslyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I've been reading through all this with a sort of sick fascination, but thoroughly vicariously as I've never purchased anything from TW or looked in on UK Vapers.

What fascinates me is what it suggests about the size and shape of the vaping world. It often occurs to me that, as huge a forum as ECF is, only a tiny fraction of those who use e-cigarettes (regularly or not) have ever visited here. This episode--a major vendor starting out by burning its bridges with the largest online forum of its native country's users, and then doing the same with the largest forum of its kind in the world (ECF)--suggests that we forum users are an insignificant, expendable segment of the market. Can that be so?

Same here - I've been following the story, purely for the entertainment factor. Though I wish for no ill-will to beset those involved, it is interesting to follow.

I read somewhere that in the US, 2% of smokers are now using PVs - this would imply that there are nearly 1 million vapers in the US alone! Does that make the forum users the minority? Absolutely. Does it make us expendable or insignificant? Absolutely not. We have created a veritable encyclopedia of all things vapor-related, and I'm sure we can all share stories about how this forum has helped us quit smoking. We represent the vaping world proudly, encourage and educate others, stand up for vaping through petitions and letter-writing, and foster a helpful and knowledgeable community of mutual interests. Many of us have made life long friends, business connections, or even relationships through this forum. From the top down, we may be small. But from the bottom up, we are significant, and are the pillar of vapers world-wide.

That was pretty corny I know, but hey - you guys helped me quit, and I love you all for it!

Last edited:

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
Same here - I've been following the story, purely for the entertainment factor. Though I wish for no ill-will to beset those involved, it is interesting to follow.

I read somewhere that in the US, 2% of smokers are now using PVs - this would imply that there are nearly 1 million vapers in the US alone! Does that make the forum users the minority? Absolutely. Does it make us expendable or insignificant? Absolutely not. We have created a veritable encyclopedia of all things vapor-related, and I'm sure we can all share stories about how this forum has helped us quit smoking. We represent the vaping world proudly, encourage and educate others, stand up for vaping through petitions and letter-writing, and foster a helpful and knowledgeable community of mutual interests. Many of us have made life long friends, business connections, or even relationships through this forum. From the top down, we may be small. But from the bottom up, we are significant, and are the pillar of vapers world-wide.

That was pretty corny I know, but hey - you guys helped me quit, and I love you all for it!

You get my vote for next president! And it felt kind of v for vendetta ish. Made me wanna protest or lay the smack down on something :)

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC

Actually, I think that forum readers and youtube channel watchers do represent a small fraction of those vaping. That said, if you're an online vendor and you aren't Blu or Greensmoke or (shudder!!!) South Beach or (bigger shudder!!!) White Cloud, about the only way anyone finds out about you is through those channels. I suspect the guy is just so self absorbed that he thinks most people agree with him but, without a doubt, this is going to hurt his business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread