Stealth 801 adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I just got a stealth 801 adapter for use with the P16. I really does enhance the looks of it when mated with an 801 atty... but fyi it doesn't work with all attys. The band around the bottom of some attys comes down too low and cuts off all air flow when screwed onto the adapter. With those, the band ends up flush against the top cap making it impossible to draw air.

Last edited:

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
I just got a stealth 801 adapter for use with the P16. I really does enhance the looks of it when mated with an 801 atty... but fyi it doesn't work with all attys. The band around the bottom of some attys comes down too low and cuts off all air flow when screwed onto the adapter. With those, the band ends up flush against the top cap making it impossible to draw air.

Hey VM, which stealth 801 adapter and where did you get it? Thanks in advance.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
The word Dremel just popped into my head - Yeh I know I'm an animal!

Maybe something as simple as cutting some slits around the edge of the band to allow air to flow would work on some of them. Trimming off a ring all the way around would be more involved.

I'd really like a precise top cap with a native 801 adapter machined into it... that would be sweet :)

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
...I'd really like a precise top cap with a native 801 adapter machined into it... that would be sweet :)

Amen to that! :thumbs:

David,

Now that you've got a sizable installed base of Precise owners, a reasonable percentage would buy a native 801 adapter as soon as it was available. If it wasn't worth the investment at the beginning, it might be worth it now.

One could think of it like a Barbie Doll; once the little girl has the doll, Mattel knows she'll buy the dresses and the shoes and the hats and the..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread