Status
Not open for further replies.

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
I too have mine and I wanted to give a quick update for those on the fence or those that have sort of written this off due to some of the issues. Good things are right around the corner. steam crave does truly listen to it's users and they are revising the mod. They are going to lose that power off feature after 10 min (this to me is the most important ) I do believe they are also going to make the 510 connection adjustable. Please don't quote me on that one as I need to verify this first. Enough of us told them this would be a change that is needed though. I would say that if this is a mod you are interested in just keep watching for the next few weeks. I believe they will be ready very end of this month. Honestly, with the exception of a few annoyances I am very pleased with the device. I was happy to find it was not too large for my small hands and it is very comfortable. It has a nice feel to it but not overly heavy. I can not comment on the TC function as I do not use it. I have not had any leaking and it squonks fine. I do have the little of the button rattle ( I'm okay with it) the fire button has a nice clicky to it :) The battery door is good and solid and secure. I will have the revised one in a few weeks and I will update.

I did just find out that steam crave is in fact going to do a adjustable 510 but they are testing it thoroughly first. Whether or not that will be ready in the next run they are doing I do not know yet.

Last edited:

wabah58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
Missouri
It is a real shame that Steam Crave used 2 moderators of their Facebook page that pretty well know nothing about squonking mods, to iron out any problems with the mod. They had those mods for weeks and didn't see that there was going to be problems with the 10 minute sleep function, didn't inform SteamCrave that it is possible to use spring loaded 510's for bottom feeding, didn't even test out the temp control. The testers of that mod dropped the ball, on testing that mod, and passing useful info back to Steam Crave what the masses want.

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
It is a real shame that Steam Crave used 2 moderators of their Facebook page that pretty well know nothing about squonking mods, to iron out any problems with the mod. They had those mods for weeks and didn't see that there was going to be problems with the 10 minute sleep function, didn't inform SteamCrave that it is possible to use spring loaded 510's for bottom feeding, didn't even test out the temp control. The testers of that mod dropped the ball, on testing that mod, and passing useful info back to Steam Crave what the masses want.

I can't say that I disagree with you at all. I do think though, that the testers did the best they knew how at the time and Steam Crave did also. Being a fairly new company, mistakes are going to happen. I simply think it would be a shame for folks to write them off based on this first regulated squonker they have done, when I know they are working on getting these issues corrected and because Steam Crave does want to have happy customers. Or at least that has been my experience with the company and their products so far.

Reactions: BENTHOS

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I can't say that I disagree with you at all. I do think though, that the testers did the best they knew how at the time and Steam Crave did also. Being a fairly new company, mistakes are going to happen. I simply think it would be a shame for folks to write them off based on this first regulated squonker they have done, when I know they are working on getting these issues corrected and because Steam Crave does want to have happy customers. Or at least that has been my experience with the company and their products so far.
I wouldn't write them off but they should be more careful about who they allow to beta test their products if they want useful feedback.

Reactions: debinnv

wabah58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
Missouri

I only have 1 encounter directly with dealing with Steam Crave, so I guess the jury is still out on how good they will be on resolving problems. I can say this, I ordered the RDTA on Sept 13, from Steam Crave to be directly shipped from NY. On the 16 of Sept they announced on the FB page that they ran out of stock in NY (Website didn't update status) and anything that was ordered on the 14th or after would be shipped from China, although buyers were told shipped from NY at purchase. So after a few days I asked them about my order since i was suppost to be good for USA ship and they said no the orders on the 13th now were out of stock. So they shipped those items from China regular ship, no expedited shipping after their mistake. Took 3 weeks to get. They did have the opportunity to expedite that shipping since they didn't ship from NY like we were told at time of purchase, and they choose to send slowest cheapest way after the mistake.
Just a observation, I do like the RDTA.

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
I only have 1 encounter directly with dealing with Steam Crave, so I guess the jury is still out on how good they will be on resolving problems. I can say this, I ordered the RDTA on Sept 13, from Steam Crave to be directly shipped from NY. On the 16 of Sept they announced on the FB page that they ran out of stock in NY (Website didn't update status) and anything that was ordered on the 14th or after would be shipped from China, although buyers were told shipped from NY at purchase. So after a few days I asked them about my order since i was suppost to be good for USA ship and they said no the orders on the 13th now were out of stock. So they shipped those items from China regular ship, no expedited shipping after their mistake. Took 3 weeks to get. They did have the opportunity to expedite that shipping since they didn't ship from NY like we were told at time of purchase, and they choose to send slowest cheapest way after the mistake.
Just a observation, I do like the RDTA.

Oh ya, that would have ticked me off too. Glad you like the RDTA. No lie, it's the only tank I am using now. I even took it with me camping and put a crap load of vape bands on it (clutz that I am) She did great!

1012151138b_zpsvggrkkie.jpg

Reactions: wabah58

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
I received mine today also and using it in TC mode. It runs way hotter than other TC mods I have. I usually run at 450 and had to turn down to 330. The wake from sleep after 10 minutes is maddening. One magnet fell off my door when I first opened it as it is press fit and not glued in, but this is a minor nit.

Reactions: wabah58

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
I'm on the fence with ordering this mod because the feedback has been a little underwhelming but if they do make some changes I'd take another look at it. With all that being said I do use TC, it's a must for me & it shocks me that any company would pick beta testers who don't use TC. Also considering that most don't use TC (which surprises me) why bother with it unless it was just a feature of the chip they decided to purchase.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
@Brizgas if you are buying it only for TC mode, my experience isn't that great. Not only does it run hot, I now get an intermittent "Hazard" logo that will pop up after waking from sleep. I think it means it's reading a short. If I leave it alone for 10 minutes and wake from sleep again, 20% of the time it will fire. I am using a SOD 5K that works fine on a Vapor Flask Squonk.

Brizgas

Feb 19, 2009
@Brizgas if you are buying it only for TC mode, my experience isn't that great. Not only does it run hot, I now get an intermittent "Hazard" logo that will pop up after waking from sleep. I think it means it's reading a short. If I leave it alone for 10 minutes and wake from sleep again, 20% of the time it will fire. I am using a SOD 5K that works fine on a Vapor Flask Squonk.

I must admit when I first ordered it was for the TC as much as anything but to be truthful I bunged a dual coil Kanthal on straight away and I've been vaping on that all week. I was going to give TC a go this weekend as the coil needs changing anyway, might not bother now after your experience.

Reactions: michliu

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
Fortunately I only bought it so I could have a regulated squonker. I tried giving the TC thing a go on my evic mini and ya I can't get the hang of it. It's just not for me at this time. I like my twisted kanthal coils so I'm doing okay with the mod with the exception of the 10min shut off thing.

bullhcr

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2014
Oslo, Norway
After a day of use I conclude that TC with Titanium doesn't work. The 10 minute shutoff makes me reach out for this mod less and less. Why pick the one where I have to turn it on when the one beside it works right away? I predict that it will find its way to the shelf within a week.

Despite having low expectations I am still underwhelmed. Steamcrave should have brought some vapers into the loop when designing and beta testing this thing.

Reactions: michliu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread