Steeping and warm water? Tips on steeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadHacker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I posted this in another thread, but didn't quite get an answer...
If I let my juice steep with the lids off (for 24 hours) do I need to worry about the flavors getting cross flavored?
I have an order coming in with 40 samples and was thinking of just taking the tops off and letting them sit for a day.
I'm not in a hurry to let them steep since I still have enough juice to last me the month, currently have 8x30ml bottles steeping from another vender.

So cross flavoring... should I worry about it?

Joshinthecity

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2013
Sydney
www.joshinthecity.com
Someone earlier mentioned a clothes dryer..
I'm surprised no one has thought of this earlier.
Is this not a genius idea ? Accomplishing both the heat (warm cycle) and mixing in one (easily timed) unit?
I have 2 bottles in warm water as I type this, but I'm thinking about taking them out and throwing them in the dryer for 30 mins…

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
Do you guys keep the cap on or off when aging be it with warm water/microwave/hot base/oven. The heat coming off from my router feels quite warm, tempted to leave my newly arrived MBV juices on top of my router right now.

If the juice has alcohol in it, some people leave it cap off (and some also with the drippier tip off) for a day or so. And then cap on.

Captain Blackbird

Nov 2, 2011
Germany
I use the easy way in producing 92% VG Liquid from tobacco.
Liquid&Natural Tobacco in a closed Mironglasbottle (violet Glas), putting on/at airexhaust of laptop/computer so it holds a temperature of 30-40 degree for a week (economical use, eh?) - filtring - ready

in case of aging, my point it is nonsense because it has to do with the arrangement of aroma in base
Mixing is easy: Base in a wide throat glass bottle, Aroma and long and good stirring with a device for doing milk to foam on cappuchino (dunno how to explain in english)

because i only use 80-92% VG i have another nice sideeffect:
VG becomes to something like foam and when the microbubbles explode it mixes itself again
so when liquid is clear again - its ready and doesn't change taste anymore
this way liquid is ready after 30-45min

the fairytale about aging is because some aroma is hard to get homogeneous
(vanilla, seet woodruff, etc.) in the base and without good mixing there are "aroma-hotspots"
in this case when testing taste you'll never know if you get one and so there's different taste.
heatin up base before inserting aroma will help also, i put the base in glasbottle it in microwave
10ml 5sec@900w for example to get a temp of 50-60degree max
this is because the physics that you can mix more of a component in warm liquid (water,oil, pg,vg, whatever) as in cold one - the principle of saturated solution [chem.]
teached in 5th class on school in germany ;)

uhm, hope i wrote it understanable ;)

Last edited:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I have been putting the whole bottle in my ultrasonic cleaner with hot water (after soaking it in hot water to bring the temperature up) and running it a few 3 minute cycles (5 or 6). Seems to mix it quite well. Still not as good a week or so of aging but, pretty good.

Sent with my arthritic thumbs with proofreading help from the hound!

Captain Blackbird

Nov 2, 2011
Germany
I have been putting the whole bottle in my ultrasonic cleaner with hot water (after soaking it in hot water to bring the temperature up) and running it a few 3 minute cycles (5 or 6). Seems to mix it quite well. Still not as good a week or so of aging but, pretty good.

It's not very effective, because the bottle itself works like a silencer.
Also the plastic basket which is often delivered with reduces the cleaning effect.
Try cleaning something with and without - you'll see differences ;)

Captain Blackbird

Nov 2, 2011
Germany
Stirring for 3Mins with something like this gives best results:

produkt-milchaufschaumer__35472_PE126225_S4.jpg

I only use the stirrin pin itself in my proxxon driller and a drill rig :D

Last edited:

MadHacker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
Alberta, Canada
lol, the laundry method is funny and will be a better result than a ultrasonic cleaner.
Hope your wife won't clean cottonwool-clothes at 90degree when your bottles are in ;)
LOL... not an issue...

I have a hook on the outside of the dryer...
so it gets a slight shake... from the vibration of the dryer itself...
but it can last for hours depending on how much laundry she is doing.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
It's not very effective, because the bottle itself works like a silencer.
Also the plastic basket which is often delivered with reduces the cleaning effect.
Try cleaning something with and without - you'll see differences ;)

Not cleaning just mixing. I leave the basket out. Seems to work pretty well. I normally make 250ml of my daily vape at a time. Big old bottle will wear your ... out shaking. :sly:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread