Steeping and warm water? Tips on steeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
Pics, or shenanigans! :D
glare.gif
He he yeah we need evidence!

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
I throw my eliquid in my wot water bath / shaker for 24 hours straight, and I have not had one flavor that was not ready to vape after that process! I set the bath to 65 degrees celsius and about 100 shakes/min. Water bath/shakers are cheap! Usually around $100 used and mine has been going strong for around 3 years now :)

Never heard of a water bath / shaker, search for a cheap on on ebay didn't see anything cheap at all. What is the real use for them?

Ciel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Dothan, AL, USA
OK, I'm blushing while typing this but here goes.

If I've made juice and am going out, going to me needing the fresh juice at some point while I am out, I stick it down my bra and use my own body heat, no need to shake it or anything, my general moving around does that nicely, after an hour I take it out and stick it in my bag.
Done this a few times and the result is that it tastes like I made it a week earlier and it has been steeping on its own in the cupboard.

Please don't judge me (at least I found something that works in a rush)

This is awesome!

totally going to try this!!!!

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Wayland, New York, United States
I received my Rum & Coke flavor ejuice a few days ago. It tasted fine. Now today it was super dry and nasty tasting so I thought maybe it was my week old coil. I changed coils and got some nasty prime puffs for while..it settled down but the taste of the juice is still off of what it was a few days ago. Should I try one of the steep methods? I heard of juices tasting bad and then good..but going from good to bad? I am not sure what to make of that.

Tornadotwist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
United States
I take my caps off. I tried the hot water bath to speed up steeping and it didn't help any. After 4 day my RY4 was a whole lot better compared to being pretty much unvapeable out of the box. I just got 2 orders from MBV and the Blue moo juice definitely needs to steep, it tastes like I am vaping coconut perfume lol I will be trying the razzberry later tonight and I'm pretty much sure that will need to steep a few days as well.

cvedrick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
League City, Texas
Guys can do body heat also. just stick it in your front pocket In truth the 3 warmest spots on the human pocket are arm pits and the crotch. !st thing you learn in ski school is to stick your frozen hands in the pits for warmth and shake them for circulation. That said doctors have been prescribing boxers to cool things off to increase sperm production.

Anyhow try carrying a bottle around in your front pocket for a day and see what happens. Of course you probably don't want top try this with anything much over 10 or 15ml or you might get some weird comments........

cvedrick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
League City, Texas
Idea for a vender to run with here, necklace with a small glass bottle to hold your e-juice in the correct place....

Boobies. :D
Shall try warming a bottle in there. Have already woken up a few times with my device nestled between them, which is nice as it isn't all cold first thing in the morning.

Also boobies would be a good place to store a bottle on a night out, especially a cobalt glass one. I hate carrying a purse bigger than some folded bills.

Xx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I stick my juices into a lego corral inside a coffee pot. A couple hours, couple times a day for a few days and I can vape fresh made juice. Remove the driptip but loosly put the cap and let them sit, totally cool off and redo it again. My maker sits at 160 degrees and thats plenty hot to steep juice. The juices I got from Jugheads in Canada says born July 14 and with a few days of coffee pot steeping I'm vaping one of them as i'm typing right now.

fancypants

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Louisiana
Ok...Where I live, there is only one local vendor here who is pretty expensive, $18 for a 30 mL bottle! There's only 2 flavors there I'll be going back for because I have no idea how to replicate them and they are delicious! Anyways, I saw the prices online and placed an order with EC Blends, which had 3 larger bottles of the Dragon series that came in yesterday. I did the hot water steep, then let them dry out in the package in the Louisiana heat. I noticed a difference but I suffer from multiple problems (need neck surgery and having bad lower back and SI joint problems), so standing over the sink and switching the water out and shaking them a bunch of times was a little too much for me. Not to sound like a wuss, but I live in a lot of pain.

Anyways, I have a really large heating pad that you can find me on a lot of the times and it's big enough to where it will cover my lower back and wrap around my hip and leg (covers my neck to lower back when laid straight up and down). So, I had the idea to put the bottles in a ziplock bag and put them in my pocket of my right hip and wrap it around like I normally do, making sure the bottles in my pocket were covered by the heating pad. I'd leave them in my pocket for 30-45 minutes, taking them out and shaking them from time to time, let them cool off in the vape box without the caps, then repeat in a couple hours or so. Only did this 3-4 times over the past day and the difference it has made has been amazing! I've done this a few times over the past day and they look pretty well steeped! I've tried the Dragon's Crown after the hot water baths and letting it sit with the cap off in my wooden vape box and it was really good but after the heating pad method, it's phenomenal! I can't stop vaping it!

I thought about the bra method but I can't really get around well enough for it to shake up a lot, LOL. Might have to try that one after the doctors fix me up some!

That's my experience and it seems to be pretty successful so far. :D Hoping maybe it will help someone else out who may be a newbie like me and pretty inexperienced. I'm using an eGo-C and looking at getting an Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 or Vamo V3 to make the jump into VV/VW. But that's for another thread. ;) Happy vaping! :vapor:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread