Steeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyZ

Suspended
Jul 5, 2013
Ocala, FL, USA
Leave the caps off for the time frame that Mapultz had mentioned, also try to shake them up each day real well, open them up again to smell them and see if the chemical or perfumy aroma has subsided. If you have a UC use that as well, it helps speed up the aging process quite a bit. Depending on the types of juices you got they will differ with the time frame they need to age. Tobacco can take 3 - 6 weeks, a few weeks for more complex flavors, others such as fruits etc should require very little aging time maybe 1 - 4 days. Keep them out of direct sunlight.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I have been buying juice few weeks before needing them. My question here is do leave the caps on or off? Does leaving the cap off speed up the steeping process?

I think they are different things.

Steeping is with the cap on allowing the flavor molecules to mix with the juice.

Airing out is with the cap off to let the alcohol from the flavorings evaporate (usually overnight to as long as 24 hours) imo

Cheers,
Steve

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
Leave the caps off for the time frame that Mapultz had mentioned, also try to shake them up each day real well, open them up again to smell them and see if the chemical or perfumy aroma has subsided. If you have a UC use that as well, it helps speed up the aging process quite a bit. Depending on the types of juices you got they will differ with the time frame they need to age. Tobacco can take 3 - 6 weeks, a few weeks for more complex flavors, others such as fruits etc should require very little aging time maybe 1 - 4 days. Keep them out of direct sunlight.

My vendor recommends a week for all of their flavors, but each one is different, your advice is spot on - you have to shake and smell them daily, or every other day - some evolve right away, some take a while longer. One of my ADVs is ready 3 days in, another one I steeped a week, started vaping, and it "popped" a week later, and changed it's flavor overnight. My other ADV I can tell by smell when it's ready, I'm steeping my 4th 30ml bottle, and I can tell it's just about there, 5 days in. Another vendor's sample has been evolving over a month now, getting stronger every week. Other's, like Halo's Kringle's Curse, were good from the day they got here, and have been rock solid since.

DivideMyDestiny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NC
Just posted this in another thread, but I'll go into a little more detail. First, I never do the whole caps off thing. I did that when I started vaping, but I've now found the best method is time. I don't manically shake my juices daily either. I've learned maybe once a week (if I think about it), but sometimes I don't even do that. As the saying goes, time takes time. I always suggest people order months in advance because you can just keep a steady rotation of juices. You could always buy a dripper and test it. In my experience, if they don't taste good after 3 months, they aren't going to taste good ever. Then it goes into the "give it away" pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread