Stepping Down From 18 to 12...Wish Me Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to give me a big ol' fat "bon chance" on this one?

I stepped easily down from 18mg to 12mg simply because 18mg was irritating my throat. Now I'm stepping down after two months of my 18s. I'm nervous about this...hoping it won't feel like a huge change.

Just excited about it and wanted to share. :) My goal is 0mg, non-addiction (and I AM an addict; I realize not everyone is) and just popping a stick in my mouth for shoots and giggles once in a while.

Last edited:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I started at 18mg and stepped down to 12mg quickly without any problems. Didn't even notice a difference. Then someone suggested going to lower mg in the evenings so I bought some 6mg and started using it in the evenings. Didn't notice a difference and then I got lazy changing tanks in the mornings so I just stayed with 6mg. Still at 6mg but just bought some 0 nicotine in the same flavors I like so I can mix them to go to 3mg. I'm going to start using 3mg in the evenings and see how that goes. I'm at almost 7 months of vaping. I didn't plan on stepping down so quickly and I had no plans of dropping my nicotine levels when I first started. It's just working out that way.

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
Just mix it up, 18 here, 12 there, after a while the 18 will be ><! I'm actually at 11mgs (tnx to AiV) but I do on occasion hit the 24mg, as you say, just for "shoots and grins"!

The biggest thing is having a juice you really like, well, besides having a solid delivery device :blush:
Just keep in mind, your "buds" are still going through "THE CHANGE". *scary background music* I think at 10 months mine have finally gotten over the hurdle because in the last 3 months, the juices I enjoy have played on my tongue consistently (minus the one moment of Vape Tongue). I tried a few of the juices I had started on last January and they were like meh, but they get kudos for getting me off the analogs.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I certainly do wish you well. :) If the 12mg becomes too much (too little actually), take a couple of puffs on the 18mg and then go back to the 12mg. I’ve been alternating between 16/18mg and 0mg and am rather surprised how long I can go on 0mg before switching back for a while. It started as an accident using some 0mg that I was mixing with a 24mg juice. Happy accident. :toast:

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
Even though I vape 6mg 99% of the time, I still keep a Protank filled up with 12mg in case I need a boost. It's funny: I was at my uncle's on Friday night, and we were having vape fun (I just bought an RSST, my first genny, and he was showing me how to set it up with SS mesh). Halfway through the night, I suggested that we taste test all the 3 month old liquids that I had laying around (it's AMAZING how dark they get after 3 months!). Some were 18mg, and some were 12mg. We used my IGO-W, and went through about 10 liquids. We were absolutely buzzing by the end of the night. There is NO WAY that I could go back to 12mg, especially if I'm using RBAs/RDAs almost exclusively.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I just keep finding myself pushing my tongue to the top of my mouth to the point where it aches. Since I'm not consuming any caffeine (which is what used to make me do that) it can only be the nicotine.

I used to clench my teeth a lot so at least I'm not doing that anymore, but I really hate this hurting mouth thing...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread