Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
Welcome to ECF!

I quit smoking, not nic...Mission accomplished. I have no interest in quitting vaping so I see no good reason, for me, to lower my nic. If my intention was to wean myself off of vaping, then that would be a different thing entirely. As it stands, I enjoy vaping as a hobby and plan to continue to do so...

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I originally had the plan to get off nicotine and eventually give up vaping. It took me about a week to give up cigarettes. About 2 months to get to 0mg with a little 5mg thrown in here and there.

It also took me about 1 month to start going to doctors and about 6 months to get diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis.
Actually I was originally diagnosed with Crohn's Disease but my upper came back clean. Gastro still leans towards Crohn's but it was obvious to me nicotine is playing a part.
Nicotine helps Ulcerative Colitis so I put it back in and weaned myself up to more than I quit with. I started doing better.

My next step in drug therapies carries a lot more risks than nicotine does. So as long as nicotine helps my health I plan on using it.
I might give it up if I ever get a definitive diagnosis of Crohn's, have my colon removed or go on drugs that have me as healthy as I can expect. If I give up nicotine I'll probably give up vaping after a year or so, but I plan on keeping working ecigs around with nicotine liquid around in case I get a strong urge to smoke.

Jaimmin

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Mumbai, India
My intention was to quit smoking when I ordered my first starters kit a couple of months ago with two packs of 18mg cartomizers and two packs each of the 12mg and .6mg(which are still untouched)...

Until I explored and discovered Vaping (and ECF :)

Now, along with my 808, I've bought a slightly better battery and moved to ejuices. And I do not plan to quit, atleast not for now, but will eventually reduce the nicotine in my e liquids over the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Although the fewer things you ingest the better it is for you, I haven't developed a desire to quit vaping. Smoking? Yes, I wanted to quit and tried a few times. Vaping allowed me to quit and has kept me off the cigs. I'm down from 24mg to 12mg juice. Maybe I'll go to 8 and see how that works.

Vaping is credited (theoretically) by the AMA as a possible agent in the prevent of respiratory related illnesses in vapers. I'd have to find the article, but it appeared about a year ago. PG vapor is introduced into the air through HVAC systems on a regular basis in hospitals to capture airborne particles, bacteria, and viruses. The PG droplets surround the particles and weigh them down to the floor where floor cleaners take them away in the wash water. Hospitals also use PG fog in breathing treatments to carry fog borne medicines into the lungs.

My stats may be off slightly, but a Massachusetts medical college experiment that followed thousands of volunteer vapers over a 5 year period in an evaluation designed to find out whether electronic cigarettes were detrimental to the health of vapers recently published a paper that gave vaping a relative clean bill of health. They found no harmful effects in the vapers who participated and their analysis of our vaper showed all components to be within EPA ranges for daily exposure.

Lots of info here.
Boston University Study Suggests E-Cigs Can Help You Quit | Electronic Cigarette Web

My primary physician is just about as conservative as they come. He's all about getting his patients to quit tobacco cigarettes, pipes, and cigars. When I carried my first ecig into the examining room and showed it to him, he was interested. I told him that I went from 2 PAD to about 6 cigarettes a day my first week, his eyes widened. I demonstrated it at his request and blew a cloud in his direction. When I asked him if he smelled cigarette odor, he told me he really didn't smell anything. Now, when I go in for a checkup (after quitting cigarettes completely a year and a half ago) he asks me if I'm still not smoking. I tell him I haven't even had an urge. His next question is "still using the electronic cigarette?". I say yes and he says good! He's on board completely.

Last edited:

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
I didn't intend to quit smoking, happened by mistake. My sister who owns a Vape shop forced an ego set-up on me, literally. I ran out of cigs late one night, been stinky free ever since! Then the horrible side effects of vaping started up! I started smelling and tasting again, felt a little healthier overall. Didn't smell like an ashtray, wasn't spending $12-16 dollars a day between myself and the fiance. In my eyes... I've already succeeded far beyond my wildest expectataions!
:vapor:

Last edited:

Kuljit

Moved On
Jan 4, 2014
I quit smoking and started vaping a month ago at 18mg. I was 1 pack a day (completely quit). I've gone from that to 12 mg now and just ordered 8 mg from halo (torque) and no nicotine (curse). I may be vaping for another month or 2 non stop and giving it up after that, but I'll never get rid of my triton. If I need it on a drunk night or w/e, it'll be there. Thank God for e cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread