Stevo's Vanilla Custard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
I guess I don't log onto Grant's vanilla custard site often enough because it's always out of stock when I do. So I made this juice just trying to imagine what Grant's tastes like. If anybody out there who's tried Grant's VC actually has the inclination to try this recipe, I'd most certainly love to know just how far off it is in comparison. I'm guessing it's nothing like GVC, but you never know...

I guess I'll keep trying to get my hands on some Grant's VC so that I can make that comparison myself.

018_zps8f2734ac.jpg

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
Well, we may have different taste sensibilities, but I find I can never taste much sweetness when I only add like 1 or 2 drops per ml. It's definitely not too sweet to me... does have a powerful TH though. I wonder if that's not from the smooth? Anyway, feel free to adjust the sweetner to taste... or anything else for that matter. Thanks for taking a look. :)

Edit: I would like to add that I think the butter, even though only at 1.75%, is an integral part of the recipe. The Cap Vanilla Custard has a very luscious, creamy smell out of the bottle, but it seems to taste much 'harder' when vaped. The butter does wonders to round out and make the vc taste more like it smells from the bottle.

Last edited:

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
Btw, because I'm concerned you may be missing out on an integral ingredient of this recipe, it would be my distinct pleasure to send you a small sample of butter flavor. Pm me your shipping if you want it. RTSvapor has assured me that there is no dicetyl in any of their flavors... although I know that just because a vendor makes claims doesn't mean it's written in stone. So I would understand if your leary.

If you have any ideas of what could really make this recipe pop, please don't hesitate to tell. I've been wondering if a tiny splash of either vanilla or cinnamon might kick this juice into high gear.

mecocina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Florida
Thanks for the offer Vego!

Just got to try this and it's good. The 2% sweetener adds just a hint of sweetness. The whipped cream is too light for me. May change it up for bavarian cream or NY cheesecake to give it a heavier cream taste. I can tell there's cinnamon due to the eggnog so I don't think it needs any more. Even though this has 14% vanilla custard, it's lighter on the vanilla than I thought but it may be my taste buds being wonky :) . A splash of french vanilla wouldn't hurt.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I came across this thread yesterday while mixing a vanilla custard recipe.I did not use eggnogbut changed up the mix.I made up a 30ml (started it out to be 24mg with changes it ends uo around 20mg) with 10ml's FW Vanilla Custard(out of Capellas) 1ml FA Whipped Cream,1.5ml FW Marshmallow,1ml FW Bavarian Cream.

Vaped it yesterday right after mixing and it tastes great.Today it is more of a full bodied,creamy mouth watering custard.The marshmallow,bavarian,and whipped cream added body and creaminess to it.Getting ready to mix up 120ml's of this to steep for a while.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Yummm, thanks for the idea. I have many vanilla flavors in my box, and marshmallow and bavarian cream. Is the Whipped Cream totally necessary or can it be replaced with TFA sweet cream?

To tell you the truth,i do not think i really needed the whipped cream,have not tried it w/o whipped cream yet,but i know the finished recipe i have here is mouth watering.I can't wait until the bigger batch i made of this steeps to taste it.The bavarian cream did have the overpowering taste at first (immediately after mixing) so i'm not sure which flavor smoothed it out.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
Yummm, thanks for the idea. I have many vanilla flavors in my box, and marshmallow and bavarian cream. Is the Whipped Cream totally necessary or can it be replaced with TFA sweet cream?

Nothing is totally nessessary, especially as it depends on your particular tastes. I would say though that the VC, eggnog and butter are the most important ingredients for me personally.

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
I came across this thread yesterday while mixing a vanilla custard recipe.I did not use eggnogbut changed up the mix.I made up a 30ml (started it out to be 24mg with changes it ends uo around 20mg) with 10ml's FW Vanilla Custard(out of Capellas) 1ml FA Whipped Cream,1.5ml FW Marshmallow,1ml FW Bavarian Cream.

Vaped it yesterday right after mixing and it tastes great.Today it is more of a full bodied,creamy mouth watering custard.The marshmallow,bavarian,and whipped cream added body and creaminess to it.Getting ready to mix up 120ml's of this to steep for a while.

The calculator I'm using equates 10 ml of Vanilla Custard to a whopping 37% of 30 ml total. Is that correct?

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
The calculator I'm using equates 10 ml of Vanilla Custard to a whopping 37% of 30 ml total. Is that correct?[/QUOTE

No,it started out as just a 30ml VC i was making at 30% total.I came upon this thread as i was making it and the VC was already added at the time and after calculating the other three added flavors it is more like 45% total flavor using 36mg unflavored @ 24mg nic.EDIT: Which is not really 24mg. more like 20mg with the added flavors.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I guess I don't log onto Grant's vanilla custard site often enough because it's always out of stock when I do. So I made this juice just trying to imagine what Grant's tastes like. If anybody out there who's tried Grant's VC actually has the inclination to try this recipe, I'd most certainly love to know just how far off it is in comparison. I'm guessing it's nothing like GVC, but you never know...

I guess I'll keep trying to get my hands on some Grant's VC so that I can make that

018_zps8f2734ac.jpg

Shouldn't the TFA flavors be listed as 100% PG instead of checking off the "flavor zero pg/VG" column? Maybe the capellas also? I'm not sure what they are derived from because I've never used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread