Still smoking. Taste/smell returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I've been vaping one month to the day. I've still been smoking too. Just much less. I went from a pack a day, to anywhere between 1-5 cigarettes a day. I've noticed the cigs are starting to taste awful. My sense of smell is noticeably stronger, and I'm breathing easier.

This really caught me off guard. I've experienced all these things before in my previous quit attempts, so i know what to look for. I just didn't expect it to happen while i was still technically smoking. Has this happened to anyone else?

My last cigarette was about 3 hours ago, and i think it's my last one of the day. That last one tasted so bad that i didn't even enjoy it. I wasn't planning on kicking the cigarettes completely at the moment, but now I'm rethinking things.

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
I haven't fully quit the stink sticks yet myself but I am down to maybe 1 or 2 a week. I notices a change in my taste/breathing and more even though I'm not fully off them yet. They don't taste very good. One thing I never had an issue with was smell. I can smell things most people can't. Have always been able to. I just tell them I'm half dog.

I only know about 10 people where I live. Most of them live with or near me. All of them smoke so the temptation is still there for me. When I mention them trying vaping they just laugh at me.

TdxProductions

Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Dayton, ohio
Tell them they stink :) I've been noticing how bad smokers smell and realized that was me for years :-( so glad this is working for me. If I feel tempted from being around smokers I just start vaping right away. Every one I'm around is very supportive though. My wife smokes too and she hasn't cut them out yet. She does have a ego twist and kanger t2 and she does like it. Once you get past the first week without any cigarettes it gets so much easier. Good luck to you!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

redbox13

Dec 31, 2012
Utah
All the same things here, better breathing, better sense of smell, I smell better, (I think) because I never noticed my smell after a smoke, but guess what? There is NOTHING that will ever replace a real cigarette for me. I still smoke one a day, that's all, ONE, right before bed. My old ritual, has become my new ritual. I sometimes miss smoking, but as long as I can just do the one a day, I will be fine. And lets face it, I have put so much cash into ecigs, that I can't go back now, that would just be throwing my money away.

TdxProductions

Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Dayton, ohio
And lets face it, I have put so much cash into ecigs, that I can't go back now, that would just be throwing my money away.

Yup 2 weeks in and I'm about $200 into ecigs so there is no turning back. I am ok with this because I know it's just initial costs and it will get better once I find my "favorite" equipment.

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
OP Here. When I started vaping I did it out of curiosity. I really had no intentions of completely quitting the cigarettes. I thought that vaping might help me at least cut back a little and save me some money. But like I said, even smoking a few cigarettes a day my taste and smell is still returning. I'm seriously thinking about kicking the cigarettes altogether simply because of the awful taste. The crappy thing is, I'm going to Mexico in April for my sisters wedding. There will be a lot of drinking going on over the course of 7 days, and I really wanted to say screw it and smoke cigarettes while I'm down there.

But the way things are shaping up, the cigarettes are tasting awful, and the vaping tastes way better, I think I may have to just quit the cigarettes before then. I'm definitely not going back to full time smoking. All I can say is that vaping is absolutely frieken amazing! It's making me quit the cigs, without even trying. It's just naturally happening. It's unbelievable!

Tish Talons

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Yup 2 weeks in and I'm about $200 into ecigs so there is no turning back. I am ok with this because I know it's just initial costs and it will get better once I find my "favorite" equipment.

You've spent $200 in 2 weeks??!!! what in the world did you buy? a Provari?

orangepeeljones

Jan 15, 2013
Florida, US
All I can say is that vaping is absolutely frieken amazing! It's making me quit the cigs, without even trying. It's just naturally happening. It's unbelievable!

That's freaking wonderful. Congrats to you! This is exactly the thing I'm trying to get across to the smokers I know - that they don't have to go through the nightmare of "kicking the habit" - just get into vaping! With some good guidance (like this forum), I think anyone can find a setup that they enjoy more than they ever could smoking. It may take some trial and error, but it's completely worth it!
Cheers!

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
I think many of us share the same story here!!!
We all started smoking for differnet reasons, tried many times to quit-to varying degrees, using gum, patches, medication and cold turkey!! some of us were successful to a point, but many of us could not quit long term. That damn cigarette demon that lives in the back of your head would always be there just wispering in your ear. That wisper would eventually turn into a scream and we would cave in to the cravings!! I have tried to quit 5 different times in the past and have always felt anxious about relapsing, like I was just waiting to fail again. Vaping has taken away that anxiety, I no longer fear for relapsing. Been smoke free for 4 months now, and feeling great!
The moment I got my ecig, I crushed my existing pack of analogs and vaped tough for that first week! I did have some intense cravings for the analogs, but my ecig got me through and after a week those intense cravings subsided!! I then packed up all my ash trays, lighters and the rest of my packs and threw them away (in a ceremonial type of fasion) I said goodbye and good ridance.
This has worked for me.
My advice to those still on the fence.......allow yourself to let go!!! Let go of the old habits and start new ones. Make it a habit to celebrate every minute, hour, day, week, month and eventually years of being smoke free!!!! Let go of the analogs and find your strength to resist them. Have the confidence in yourself that you can be a non-smoker. Find a good e-juice and have it handy at all times during the first couple of weeks. You can and will get through the transition, it is only temporary!! A better, healthier life is awaiting your arrival. Embrace the trip.
Good Luck. I know you can do it

I started vaping this week and being a pack a day smoker for almost 30yrs I was skeptical. but I was getting sick of the smell of smoke - its in my hair, my clothes, my car, my house..... its everywhere around me and the cost of the cancer sticks is crazy here so what did I have to lose by trying.

Well since Tuesday I have had only 4.5 analogs and this morning I went for my morning analog - I had to put it out ..... the taste was horrible and the smell nauseated me!?!?

Wow - did not expect that! Especially so quickly but I am going to take this one day at a time. I believe we are on a good path!!

[URL=http://ecigwiki.info] [/URL]
Now

Tish Talons

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Tucson, AZ
I'm easily in $1200 in about 2 months, and no provari. Started DIYing and let this turn into a hobby, instead of a quitting tool.

Are you making juice for the whole neighborhood? And theres nothing wrong with becoming a hobbyist. Vaping is fun. But thats a lot of fun you're having.... I wish my vaping budget allowed me to have that much fun. I would definitely have purchased a Provari somewhere in there, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread