still tinkering

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyboy689

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
australia
damn sorry to hear that tinear , those links to dx i supplied are to the stuff ive been using
atm i have about 6 of the big multichargers and about 20 18650 batts from 3 seperate orders they are all the same style the positive is a very shallow bump on the end of the battery but its definitly protruding past the battery outer edge and the chargers have bumps on the connectors to help with connection
and the chargers are good as they have inbuilt curcuit protection to prevent overcharging , there are other cheaper options on that site but you know just in case , thats why i charge all my stuff at work instead of at home

i cant wait to see what mods you are going to do using these batts
you have done some great stuff , makes me jealous

kos , with the wf i read stories of some not cutting off and overcharging and recessed connectors making some batteries impossible to charge without spacers that plus the price made me avoid it and i also use the other ultrafire charger just for cr batts anyway which has a choice of 3v or 3.6v charging

thanks for the kind words regarding my mods
ive been trying to keep a low profile lately as i had a mountain of pms recently ,some were great ! there are a lot of mad vapers out there
others were a bit "odd" and got me down , i took them personally and let them get to me , im over that now and found the delete button works a charm

if my twin usb mod gets some interest im thinking of making a few to make available for purchase , i do have other stuff here but thats covered by other items out there already i also have some really weird stuff that may or may not one day appear here but then again with some of the stuff you guys and girls are doing its brilliant to see how other people look at things and create what they do

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
thanks for the kind words regarding my mods
ive been trying to keep a low profile lately as i had a mountain of pms recently ,some were great ! there are a lot of mad vapers out there
others were a bit "odd" and got me down , i took them personally and let them get to me , im over that now and found the delete button works a charm

if my twin usb mod gets some interest im thinking of making a few to make available for purchase , i do have other stuff here but thats covered by other items out there already i also have some really weird stuff that may or may not one day appear here but then again with some of the stuff you guys and girls are doing its brilliant to see how other people look at things and create what they do

Billy, please don't stop posting your mods:(. Every rock star has a group of weirdos following him, picketing him, nagging him, etc:rolleyes:. The thing to remember is that they saw, they experienced;). Your mods inspire me to do what is on my mind to do:cool:, rather than just what will look polished and finished. They are VERY creative and inventive:thumbs: - not just another flashlight body or battery box. We need people like you to help move the industry away from the cancer stick lookalikes. People who have to attack in PMs are cowards who couldn't do it in the open because they know that they would lose the battle - they gotta try to corner ya and attack from behind. There are clingy needy people too, but courtesy with them only invites more clingy neediness, so brush them off and get back to the business of being you.

I am always eager to see what you have come up with. The Modders' Forum is like my version of a soap opera. I am compelled to tune in every chance I get to see what cool stuff is up now.:pop: And you have some of the most thought provoking.

billyboy689

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
australia
oh yah i did a 4xaa batt box mod , but i forgot the batteries:D

1004941p.jpg

1004942h.jpg

1004943.jpg

Really cool and very useful :)

But I can't work out what the buttons are for ... On/off, one per pair/usb power line?

edit: oh, not a charger, those are atomizers! Curious. Looks like a work of art anyhow.

How about a second box on the top as a way to combine the air-stream for all four into a single tube?

Last edited:

billyboy689

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
australia
umm yeh i shouldve explained the purpose of this device a bit
so someone wanted 2 usb dual atomiser setups
on explanation of what the hell for i said i could make something a lot more user friendly for that purpose
and that pictured device was created and despatched ,actually thats no#2in the pic which is now living on my workbench
i havnt used it myself yet with all four but i am thinking about it
it was made with the atomisers in that particular spacing so it could be hooked up with 10 - 11mm neoprene tubing going to a "y" type fitting to turn 4 into 2 outlets then again if needed to turn 2 into 1
using dual usb power supply so everything is firing at its full potential and fitting seperate switches for each pair of attomisers giving the choice of running 1,2,3 or all 4 at once if desired
the person in question was keen on using it for liquid flavouring mixing type stuff research
so yeh i hope they use low nic liquid for the testing or they will have a massive nic od buzz goin on
:evil:

umm yeh i shouldve explained the purpose of this device a bit ... the person in question was keen on using it for liquid flavouring mixing type stuff research
so yeh i hope they use low nic liquid for the testing or they will have a

Aha! Interesting.

Strange only the two switches. Perhaps for head-to-head testing; will be very much head-to-head ;)

Yes, tubing would be simple, but the box will be neater!

Some time ago I though of using a micro-piezo array as found in inkjet printer heads to be able to mix flavors on the fly. The mist would be directed at the usual heater coil. So one could up the vanilla, tone down the menthol or whatever as desired, real time.

Multisync98

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Stephenville, TX
WOW! That's all I can say is, WOW! Billy, your mods make me seriously want to kneel to you... Like Nico said, you've got a great mind..

I'm a fellow modder myself, but I'm still in the beginning stages. IE; still working with flashlights. I've almost finished my Sapphire Mag. Just need to assemble it tonight.. But I'm afraid it's nothing compared to yours. :)

Keep doing what you're doing man.. And as Nico said, keep posting!

-Jim

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
umm yeh i shouldve explained the purpose of this device a bit
so someone wanted 2 usb dual atomiser setups
on explanation of what the hell for i said i could make something a lot more user friendly for that purpose
and that pictured device was created and despatched ,actually thats no#2in the pic which is now living on my workbench
i havnt used it myself yet with all four but i am thinking about it
it was made with the atomisers in that particular spacing so it could be hooked up with 10 - 11mm neoprene tubing going to a "y" type fitting to turn 4 into 2 outlets then again if needed to turn 2 into 1
using dual usb power supply so everything is firing at its full potential and fitting seperate switches for each pair of attomisers giving the choice of running 1,2,3 or all 4 at once if desired
the person in question was keen on using it for liquid flavouring mixing type stuff research
so yeh i hope they use low nic liquid for the testing or they will have a massive nic od buzz goin on
:evil:

Billy, I am so glad you explained the tubing thing. I kept looking at that thing trying to figure out how you could vape one of those, or two, without getting an atomizer up your nose. Then I thought, maybe somebody thinks they can get more vapor by using their nose too, but how would they keep straight which had been in their nose and which had not. It was certainly a whirlwind of thoughts that had me chuckling trying to picture it.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Billyboy
is one of the many people I have had the pleasure to get to know on this forum, that I call my friend, albeit cyberfriend,
cos I have never actually met them in person.

Billyboy is a true innovator,
a man who is a really down to earth,
normal working man,
but he is kind and generous,
and he is absolutely a person who thinks outside the box.

His mods are amazing, and unique,
each one is truly a small work of art......

keep thinking Billyboy,
keep modding,
and keep amazing us with your innovations......

Huggzz to you,

Di .....

billyboy689

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
australia
thanks for the comments guys , im blushing
honestly i just built things to satisfy my own craving for more nicotine and vapor
it involved sitting in the shed drinking beer and pondering
then trying to figure out what the hell do i do
back in the pre screwdriver days when this forum had way less than 900 members trogg posted a pic of a little black pentorch with a 901 atomiser running off of it , so i blame him for the spark ,plus on some foriegn site there was a pic of a computer mouse with an atomiser powered from it and of all things a rubber duck that was converted into an ecig , google that its worth the effort !!
just searched for pics and here we go
so im no expert just trial and error ,reading this forum , beer and a lot of swearing in the shed

dikerry , ill send you a piccy so you can put a face to the name:D

nonamesrb.jpg

penclip.jpg

smouse01.jpg

re061.jpg

billyboy689

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
australia
been offline for a while
ive updated the old shotgun a wee bit
body is now made using an industrial engineering polysomething or other and of course the tube is 1.8mm stainless steel ,the rest of the crap is easily replacable if needed
its startin to look real nice , works too good for mere mortals :cool:
at an unrestrained 6v its an eye watering good time
i have passed it to commited analog smokers who soon stop smirking
im not really taking the giving up smoking route very seriously at all with this device
time to upload some more piccies in here

1004960q.jpg

1004957.jpg

1004975.jpg

1004972z.jpg

1004964.jpg

1004973.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread