Stocking vape supplys

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I pulled one of my oldest nic concentrate bottles out of the top-load freezer and let it warm up to room temperature. It was four years old and had been kept in the dark at -10 to -15 degrees F. (I've seen the vapemageddon coming for quite a while.)

Since it was in a brown Boston bottle, I poured some into a clear beaker. It was just as clear as the day I put it in the freezer. It smelled fine.

I would have tested the nic concentration, but because it was in such good shape (color and smell), I didn't bother. Oxidized nic turns brown and starts to smell woody/cinnamon-like — it's pretty obvious.

But note: it was in the dark and kept at -10 to -15 degrees F.

Kimmyvapes

May 8, 2016
Georgia, US
I pulled one of my oldest nic concentrate bottles out of the top-load freezer and let it warm up to room temperature. It was four years old and had been kept in the dark at -10 to -15 degrees F. (I've seen the vapemageddon coming for quite a while.)

Since it was in a brown Boston bottle, I poured some into a clear beaker. It was just as clear as the day I put it in the freezer. It smelled fine.

I would have tested the nic concentration, but because it was in such good shape (color and smell), I didn't bother. Oxidized nic turns brown and starts to smell woody/cinnamon-like — it's pretty obvious.

But note: it was in the dark and kept at -10 to -15 degrees F.
Good to know. I'll finally have a use for my deep freezer that has been sitting nearly empty for a year! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread