Verified Member
Contest Winner!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Sounds like they really cobbled that campaign together will little thought. Probably an intern project. lol

The only Samdung battery I've ever used was the 25r but I stopped using them about 5 years ago when I realized that they seem to have a much shorter lifespan than others I've using, including rewrap retail brands. I have decommission more 25Rs than any other battery I've ever used since I started using 18650 mods in 2015-ish. That makes them, in the long run, the most expensive 18650 I ever used with no benefit to that extra $ spent.

While battery tests are interesting and even important, ultimately I base my battery usage and purchase decisions on my personal experience with the battery, not by the tests and certainly not by what the fanboi zombies tell me "iz aaawwsum". If Samdung tightened their distribution channels as much as LG seems to have done (another anti-vape company) and they became as hard to find as LG, I wouldn't change anything in my life whatsoever.

What does concern me above everything else is the availability of 18650/21700 single cells. It would not surprise me at all if someday it will be hard/*impossible to buy any loose cells in the Protectionist States of America and that we'll have to start making databases of what power packs contain which cells just so we can have decent batteries to use (or any at all). This would exponentially increase the danger factor of using these batts proving -- yet again -- protectionism is a dangerous strategy.

Molicel seems to have an at least somewhat pro-vaping stance, but that's because they are a smaller company. At some insurance companies and legal teams will advise /demand that Molicel ride the anti-vape train just like the bigger brands. It's only a matter of time. Liability & industry reputation are top priority, not whether or not a vaper has decent batts to use.

Users who are viewing this thread