Storage for DIY liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
So i am going to start DIY juices. I have done a bit before and i liked it alot. I have found a good place to order from and I will be placing a rather large order in the next day or two.

I plan on making some pretty basic flavors and recipes with high VG and 0 nic, i will have some nic on hand to make juices for my fiancee every now and then.

My question is; what is the best way to store:

4 Litres (approx 1 gallon)
-VG?
-PG?
Both with 0mg nicotine

100 mL of 50mg nicotine PG?

Flavor concentrates(various 30mL bottles)?

The reason i am ordering in such bulk is due to price, variety and few places in my general vacinity carry concentrates so i cant just go pick up a flavor i might need for a recipe.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Great! My other option is an old beer cooler that i can set back up somwhere in the house, again space being the key issue there.
Manufacturers tested their VG after 2 year storage in original packing (not opened, stored at room temperature). It was as good as a new one. They never tested someting older than 2 years. At work I have many times opened bottle of glycerin which is at least 15 years old, stored just on a shelf. It looks, smells and feels (on hands) like new, but I would not try to vape it.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    A cool dark place will also work well. The only reason I recommended the refrigerator is seeing how much PG/VG you have. 4 liters will last you a good long time and a refrigerator will extent the shelf life far beyond what room temperature storage will.
    What do you recommend for flavoring storage?
    Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread