Stores need better descriptiions

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsphat

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2012
Wisconsin
MINI-RANT

I can't stand it when I hear about a new juice company and go to their site and find things like this made up example:

juice name: Boo-Ya!!!!!!!!

Description: This is great juice! If you like stuff, you'll love this juice!!!

Comments: ***** Great juice, my new fav. Tastes familiar. All day vape.

What the hell does that mean? It could be liver flavor for I know. Maybe it's rancid beef with slight fermented pungent banana undertones mixed with sweet cream and menthol. Or it could be cherry, or orange.

I understand these peps want to keep their recipes secret, but man, give a perspective customer a hint. For example, I love cooking, I do everyday, just not for a job so I still enjoy it. If I invite someone over for food, I tell them what I'm making. I have a secret recipe for pancakes. The big secret is brown sugar, nutmeg and allspice. I told you that but your version of these pancakes will taste nothing like mine because I did not tell you the rest of the batter recipe, nor the measurements of the "secret" ingredients. I gave nothing away except what to expect. Juice companies should follow suit.

I'm not the type to order blind and not all places offer samplers so what do I do? I live 200 miles from the nearest vape store, so that really isn't an option. If they are worried about other stores stealing their recipes, any one of them could buy a 5 ml bottle, take to a lab and have every single compound listed out for them. So why keep the most important aspect of the juice, the flavor, a secret?

It's just a pet peeve, but I think it's something some juice shops need to change.

Last edited:

xsphat

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2012
Wisconsin
Good to see I'm not the only one.

I like the way AiV does their descriptions because you have a clue what to expect, so I'll be ordering from them soon, providing they will take orders again soon. And ECBlend tells you what they taste like and the juice is good and the prices are fair, so that has been my go to company, but hey, and man needs choices, right?

SkinniePost

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2012
Madison, WI
This comes up in the Natural Tobacco thread all the time... Seriously using words like deep, sophisticated, rich flavor? What does that mean? Buy at your own risk...

The least you can do is reference the variety of tobacco used... Not like it will give the secret away, and also if you are adding flavors or flavored tobacco, describe the flavor... Is it hard to say that you use Vanilla Cavendish?

Last edited:
Flavors can be very hard to describe, but that example is probably the worst one I've ever seen. I have no idea what they're trying to tell me there.

I describe my DIY mix as "warm, rich menthol." Then tell you I use menthol, a little cinnamon, and a dash of milk chocolate in it. The cinnamon warms the flavor, the bit of chocolate adds a rich, almost buttery undertone. I find menthol by itself to be too sharp and cold a flavor.

There, you have some idea of what I prefer to vape. Sometimes I get daring and add a drop of spearmint flavor and sweetener to the mix to make spearmint gum-like liquid. Also fairly descriptive.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Totally agree but have to add, sometimes the flavour is not like anything else available. I love RY2 by Liberty Flights but wouldn't know where to start describing it. It's SUPPOSED to be a tobacco based taste but (and i swear this is true) sometimes it reminds me of nutty bad breath !!!
I'm fairly certain i wouldn't buy it if they called it " Morning breath after a night out on the nuts" flavour.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Totally agree but have to add, sometimes the flavour is not like anything else available. I love RY2 by Liberty Flights but wouldn't know where to start describing it. It's SUPPOSED to be a tobacco based taste but (and i swear this is true) sometimes it reminds me of nutty bad breath !!!
I'm fairly certain i wouldn't buy it if they called it " Morning breath after a night out on the nuts" flavour.

That would be: dry, nutty and perfect for the morning. :laugh:

I think the point here is that there needs to be as much creativity in selling the juice as it is in making it. If there is no effort made in informing the possible buyer, why should the buyer believe that any real effort was made in making the juice. Personally, I hate writing artist statements, but I would never write "it's all in the eye of the beholder."

Last edited:

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis

Now that made me laugh out loud ! Great description there !:toast:

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
Related and yet completely unrelated:

My father used to own a cigar store. Most smokers preferred a handrolled cigar to a machine rolled, and many would have a preferred country of origin: Nicaraguan, Honduran, etc. Anywho, every now and then we'd run into a stick that was bad. Beyond bad. Think "rolling up a urine soaked gym sock and smoking it" bad. Those we would describe as Peruvian ....-rolled cigars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread