The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Storing Atomizer heads and coils

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by 9thCircuitOverlord, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 9thCircuitOverlord

9thCircuitOverlord Full Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Seattle
    My basic question is; How do you store your atomizer heads, and pre-built coils.

I am just getting into RBA's, CLR's, and all the other numerous and patently ridiculous names for rebuildable coils. Among the numerous questions I have been researching there is one important aspect of this that I can't find info online.

How is one to store all these tiny little atomizer heads, that's not even considering the possibility of storing pre-wrapped coils (to make an easy rebuild)... It's enough to make a mildly OCD chap scream and rip out his hair, while cursing all the gods (and his choice to get into coil rebuilding).

I am sure, I am not alone in this concern... at least I hope I am not alone.

TL;DR
    I would like input on peoples solutions to the problem of storing numerous atomizer heads, and all the little bric-a-brac related to rebuildable coils.

Extra points for cool and classy ways of storing these things. I like my leather, and wood storage containers (yeah, I am a snob that way).

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. lil_buddy

lil_buddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  3. untar

untar Vaping Master

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    There's some nifty mostly cheap boxes with a lot of compartments in fishing equipment shops, depending on where you live the next store might not be far away (otherwise scamazon has some as well, search "tackle box").

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 9thCircuitOverlord

Feb 12, 2018
    Seattle
    Good suggestions, I was looking into those when I was looking for a solution for my e-juice supplies. Didn't think about that for rebuilding supplies.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    I have a $0.99 toolbox from Lowe's that holds all my build stuff. Certainly not elegant but works just fine.

• Like Like x 2
  7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Fish tackle box.

Anna

• Like Like x 3
  8. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    I have a Mason jar for coil heads.

Rarely even open it these days.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jfcooley

jfcooley I find your lack of faith disturbing... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Partial to my $5 target craft box thingy... 20180204_104008.jpg 20180204_104019.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  10. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    My wife is a kitchen designer so I stole one of her wood samples and drilled it to make an atty stand

IMG_2566.JPG

For my coil building equipment, I use one of these, a $1900 hand made wooden tool chest! Yes, a $1900 tool chest from Gerstner & Sons (On sale now for only $1200, apparently the market has slowed down for $1900 wooden tool chests). Now, I am sure you are thinking "Who buys a $1900 tool chest?" My uncle did. I'm sure he thought he'd learn how to fix things. My uncle could barely replace a light bulb but he liked to buy things mail order. I'm also sure he thought he'd put his fly fishing equipment and homemade flies in it. He never learned how to do that either. He could do statistics. He couldn't fix things. But he was awesome and when he died, I got a $1900 chest to hold $50 worth of vape building equipment. That makes me chuckle.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Jwaterski

Jwaterski Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2013
    OKC, OK
    And we have a winner!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I would sell that for $900, buy a $25 dollar box and pocket the rest, although i am sure some here would suddenly get a severe case of shinyitus and buy $875 worth of vape gear.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If they had to drop the new price to $1200 I doubt you could sell it used for $900.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    This has been on my wish list for the last couple of years:
    8 Drawer Wood Tool Chest

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Wow that looks almost identical to the one HauntedMyst has (right down to the silver diamond in the lid) but at less than 1/10th the cost. I think I see why they are lowering their price, but it may have to get a lot lower before they sell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Thats the one I would buy if it was coming from my pocket. Wait till they have it on sale, it gets down closer to $60

18. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    They have a big coupon sometimes. But, it says it can't be used on tool chests!

Maybe they only mean the metal tool chests? I don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 9thCircuitOverlord

Feb 12, 2018
    Seattle
    Okay, that is so far up my alley, I have already passed out in it and been mugged... where am I going with this?
    Long story short, if I had that kind of cash, I would be all over that.
    Great story too, classic stuff. Your Uncle sounds like my kind of guy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 9thCircuitOverlord

Feb 12, 2018
    Seattle
    That just made it to my wishlist as well.
    That may accidentally end up ordered when I get my tax returns. When I see things like that my logical mind is relegated to a corner, tied up, and blindfolded. A few weeks later, I wonder why the hell I have a expensive pretty looking item sitting in my apartment, and so much less money in my bank account... It's a problem.
    Part of the reason I am looking into getting a Micro Tiny House, if you can't fit an item into your house, even your illogical emotional mind is forced to be reasonable. As it is, I am slowly being squeezed into a smaller and smaller place in my apartment, as the books pile up. Eventually, I will be living on the deck... but I will have an excellent library.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.