Storing Atomizer heads and coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

9thCircuitOverlord

Feb 12, 2018
Seattle
My basic question is; How do you store your atomizer heads, and pre-built coils.

I am just getting into RBA's, CLR's, and all the other numerous and patently ridiculous names for rebuildable coils. Among the numerous questions I have been researching there is one important aspect of this that I can't find info online.

How is one to store all these tiny little atomizer heads, that's not even considering the possibility of storing pre-wrapped coils (to make an easy rebuild)... It's enough to make a mildly OCD chap scream and rip out his hair, while cursing all the gods (and his choice to get into coil rebuilding).

I am sure, I am not alone in this concern... at least I hope I am not alone.

TL;DR
I would like input on peoples solutions to the problem of storing numerous atomizer heads, and all the little bric-a-brac related to rebuildable coils.

Extra points for cool and classy ways of storing these things. I like my leather, and wood storage containers (yeah, I am a snob that way).

Reactions: Letitia

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Partial to my $5 target craft box thingy...
20180204_104008.jpg
20180204_104019.jpg

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
My wife is a kitchen designer so I stole one of her wood samples and drilled it to make an atty stand

IMG_2566.JPG

For my coil building equipment, I use one of these, a $1900 hand made wooden tool chest! Yes, a $1900 tool chest from Gerstner & Sons (On sale now for only $1200, apparently the market has slowed down for $1900 wooden tool chests). Now, I am sure you are thinking "Who buys a $1900 tool chest?" My uncle did. I'm sure he thought he'd learn how to fix things. My uncle could barely replace a light bulb but he liked to buy things mail order. I'm also sure he thought he'd put his fly fishing equipment and homemade flies in it. He never learned how to do that either. He could do statistics. He couldn't fix things. But he was awesome and when he died, I got a $1900 chest to hold $50 worth of vape building equipment. That makes me chuckle.

GO2610_oR1-1000x800.jpg

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
My wife is a kitchen designer so I stole one of her wood samples and drilled it to make an atty stand

View attachment 720255

For my coil building equipment, I use one of these, a $1900 hand made wooden tool chest! Yes, a $1900 tool chest from Gerstner & Sons (On sale now for only $1200, apparently the market has slowed down for $1900 wooden tool chests). Now, I am sure you are thinking "Who buys a $1900 tool chest?" My uncle did. I'm sure he thought he'd learn how to fix things. My uncle could barely replace a light bulb but he liked to buy things mail order. I'm also sure he thought he'd put his fly fishing equipment and homemade flies in it. He never learned how to do that either. He could do statistics. He couldn't fix things. But he was awesome and when he died, I got a $1900 chest to hold $50 worth of vape building equipment. That makes me chuckle.

GO2610_oR1-1000x800.jpg

And we have a winner!!!

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

View attachment 720255

GO2610_oR1-1000x800.jpg

I would sell that for $900, buy a $25 dollar box and pocket the rest, although i am sure some here would suddenly get a severe case of shinyitus and buy $875 worth of vape gear.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I would sell that for $900, buy a $25 dollar box and pocket the rest, although i am sure some here would suddenly get a severe case of shinyitus and buy $875 worth of vape gear.

If they had to drop the new price to $1200 I doubt you could sell it used for $900.

Reactions: stols001

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

View attachment 720255

GO2610_oR1-1000x800.jpg
This has been on my wish list for the last couple of years:
8 Drawer Wood Tool Chest

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
8 Drawer Wood Tool Chest

Wow that looks almost identical to the one HauntedMyst has (right down to the silver diamond in the lid) but at less than 1/10th the cost. I think I see why they are lowering their price, but it may have to get a lot lower before they sell.

• Agree

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Thats the one I would buy if it was coming from my pocket. Wait till they have it on sale, it gets down closer to $60
They have a big coupon sometimes. But, it says it can't be used on tool chests!

Maybe they only mean the metal tool chests? I don't know.

9thCircuitOverlord

Feb 12, 2018
Seattle

View attachment 720255

GO2610_oR1-1000x800.jpg
Okay, that is so far up my alley, I have already passed out in it and been mugged... where am I going with this?
Long story short, if I had that kind of cash, I would be all over that.
Great story too, classic stuff. Your Uncle sounds like my kind of guy!

• Agree

9thCircuitOverlord

Feb 12, 2018
Seattle
8 Drawer Wood Tool Chest
That just made it to my wishlist as well.
That may accidentally end up ordered when I get my tax returns. When I see things like that my logical mind is relegated to a corner, tied up, and blindfolded. A few weeks later, I wonder why the hell I have a expensive pretty looking item sitting in my apartment, and so much less money in my bank account... It's a problem.
Part of the reason I am looking into getting a Micro Tiny House, if you can't fit an item into your house, even your illogical emotional mind is forced to be reasonable. As it is, I am slowly being squeezed into a smaller and smaller place in my apartment, as the books pile up. Eventually, I will be living on the deck... but I will have an excellent library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread