Storing my juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkus1

Mar 5, 2010
Tri-Cities
So I have been keeping my juice in the fridge, because there was a label on the bottles that said to. However, I would like to direct drip when I am at home instead of going through carts and having to go through the process of refilling them constantly.
I understand lots of people prefer the drip method, and I can't really see everyone getting up to run to the fridge every 20 mins for another couple drops.
Wondering if I actually need to keep my juice refrigerated, or if it is ok to just let it sit out at room temperature without having to worry about the bottle sweating or something.

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
I personally don`t refrigerate my juice, but in UK it not exactly hot ha-ha! One thing you could possibly do if worried about your juice going off etc is to get a small 5ml bottle for dripping?

I use a 5ml sample bottle (got mine from Totallywicked) to save having a big 30 ml bottle next to me, also if you knock it over (yes I have done it and wasted nearly full 30ml!) your only spilling a small amount! :)

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
Light and heat are supposidly the biggest problems for juice. Hardly anyone keeps in in the frig from what I have read. I do vacuum seal the bottles that I store for months and keep it in a cool dark place.

Agree! I do same just a dark drawer for me, but the juice doesn`t last long enough to vacuum seal :D

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I dont refrigerate my juices at all but I do keep them out of direct sunlight. So far so good - nothings gone 'off' that I can tell. I don't know if refrigeration is necessary or not personally I wouldn't keep anything containing nic in the same place I store food and drink but thats my personal preference.
The darker storage I do because the juice makers often say to keep it out of sunlight as that can affect it (maybe it breaks down/seperates/I really don't know I just follow orders lol).

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
There's been a lot of discussion about that if you search the forum. I do store my opened bottles in the fridge, simply because I am more comfortable with it. Dark, however, is more important than cold.

One should not, though, get the bottles out of the fridge and back in very often, condensation could become a problem. Therefore, I have everything I vape at the moment in 5ml bottles, which are standing on my desk, period. The rest of the bottle I store in the fridge door. Far easier to handle, those 5ml-bottles, especially when you are out and about.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
If it is unflavored--you can keep it in the fridge. If it is flavored, no fridge--just a cool, dark, and dry place. The fridge is loaded with condensation when opened and closing the door.

I lost over 400 dollars worth of e-liquid storing it in the fridge. My advise is to do not do it!!! It all turned rancid. I have e-liquid coming on two years old here that is just as good as the day I bought it and keep it in a draw. The fridge is where I lost all the money.

Sun

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
I had decided to store mine in our basement where it stays very cool and dark 24/7. But, I'm a little concerned it may get too cool. It's a semi-finished basement and gets pretty cool, even in the summer since the a/c ducts run through there. Since food service folks tell me refrigerators are set at 38-40 degrees, I'm wondering if keeping my juice in the basement could end up being the same as the refrigerator.
Any long-time basement stashers have advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread