Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Will a very tightly rolled solid wick stop the leeching? For now, I have returned to the uwick, and no leeching what so ever.

i just replied to your question on another post, i do believe that the reason of leeching juice is caused by wicks that are rolled looser or have a bigger center hole. i roll super tight and do not see any real difference in the color of my juices. whether a super tight wick is the most efficient way, i dont know. but it has performed the best out of all the different configurations that i have tried so far. 500 mesh. width 4-1/2 in x 1- 5/8 lenght for my did and very similiar for the ac-9 and aga-t

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

maybe if i used the un-oxidized method, it would equate to less mesh. but oxidizing the wicks like i have been doing, it has performed better than everything i have tried. i have tried less mesh. but this just has been the most consistant vape so far. the way i look at it is, a wick should hold as much liquid as possible. now is a flimsey not so dense wick hold more juice than a solid denser wick? if i were to take out my wick from my device, and you took your wick out, whos would dry up faster? and at the same time we had a sword fight, who would win?

fraghole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Tennessee
maybe if i used the un-oxidized method, it would equate to less mesh. but oxidizing the wicks like i have been doing, it has performed better than everything i have tried. i have tried less mesh. but this just has been the most consistant vape so far. the way i look at it is, a wick should hold as much liquid as possible. now is a flimsey not so dense wick hold more juice than a solid denser wick? if i were to take out my wick from my device, and you took your wick out, whos would dry up faster? and at the same time we had a sword fight, who would win?

I seen it, and replied with a long and rambling thank you. I appreciate your help with this.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

i see your point but i would think this isnt about how much juice the wick can "hold", its about how much juice can the wick move. if the capillary action is working like it should juice moves to the top of the coil as fast as the heat can pull it so in the end how soaked it is doesnt matter, how well it moves fluid does.

after i fill my tank in less then a minute my wick is sopping wet, and never have to horizontally tilt it to keep it that way. i have never had this result with solid wicks but i only tried like twice. and if i hold my tank sideways the wick starts dripping juice fast.

Last edited:

st0nedpenguin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2010
WA
i see your point but i would think this isnt about how much juice the wick can "hold", its about how much juice can the wick move. if the capillary action is working like it should juice moves to the top of the coil as fast as the heat can pull it so in the end how soaked it is doesnt matter, how well it moves fluid does.

after i fill my tank in less then a minute my wick is sopping wet, and never have to horizontally tilt it to keep it that way. i have never had this result with solid wicks but i only tried like twice. and if i hold my tank sideways the wick starts dripping juice fast.

The capillary action is improved with a solid wick.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
The capillary action is improved with a solid wick.

probably as there is more surface area, but the couple times i tried they didnt work as well as what i have going now but like everything if it works for you so be it, and like i said its not what the wick can hold its what it can move volt for volt

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
Capillary action does not equal flow rate.

While smaller pores may increase the height that a liquid can rise; there is a balance between surface tension, viscosity, pore size and flow rates . Larger diameter pores will flow faster than smaller pores but wont wick liquid as high as smaller pores.

If anybody has the formula for optimizing flow rate and capillary rise using ss mesh I'll send them a cigar...umm an ejuice version of a cigar that is.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

sounds like the same thing to me. but really not sure of the science of it. but you use the un-ox method right? it does make sense that an un-ox wick would wick better. but for oxidized wicks i think it comes close. i do not have to tip as well, and i am vaping some pretty low resistant coils (0.08) and it keeps up really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread