Strange CE5 atomiser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a few weeks ago my CE5 mouthpiece broke and got stuck in my clearomizer, so I decided to buy a new one. CE5 Clearomizer eGo was the description (got it from apolloecigs.co.uk in a sale). Anyway I've been using it and my new flavours arrived today so I decided to change the coil bit, I forget the technical term for it.

Well, I've realised it seems to be a different model. They look very similar but inside is some sort of screw and the opening is slightly narrower. I can't get CE5 replacement coils to screw in. I also noticed when you screw it into the battery the screw bit seems to rise up a bit.

Does anyone know what I'm on about? I can take a picture if needed.

Just wondering if the site I've got it off has made it so you can only use their own replacement coils with it or something, if they have I'm going to be very annoyed with them. Thankfully my old atomiser still works so I am using that.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I'll look into this.

I can certainly advise you to run away and never go back though. (Shocking....)

It's sharp practice... pure and simple. Was £xx.xx now £yy.yy (Still more expensive than other vendors).

Who knows what they are up to.

- - -

Actually, I know now.... I have seen the offending article. It's non-universal.... that's a given.

- - -

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Greetings and welcome to the forum.

There are clones of pretty much everything on the market, and if you're not careful, you can buy an item that you think is the original, but turns out to be a knock-off. I did this dance with a different clearomizer knock-off a couple weeks after I started vaping (later buying genuine replacement coils that didn't fit).

It helps a lot to buy from reliable vendors, and stick with brand name stuff -- of course such a strategy isn't too much use when you're still figuring out who is reliable, and when it comes to vendors who use misleading naming practices on their websites.

-- Glenn

Seemed to be the cheapest option at the time, I only checked a few sites on the first 1 or 2 pages on google though. Am I blind or does it not mention anywhere that it's non-universal? I know now it is though, definitely won't be using them again. CE5 Clearomiser for eGo

Btw, if anyone has recommendations for the best sites quality/price wise for replacement coils etc then please let me know :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Btw, if anyone has recommendations for the best sites quality/price wise for replacement coils etc then please let me know :)

Get something nice and new. Personally, for clearomisers, I shop here.

Clearomizers

Hard to beat. £3.49 Evods and iClear16s, Kanger T3S. Most of these have 5-pack replacement heads which also works out cheaper.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
....does it not mention anywhere that it's non-universal?

Try not to be cross. I dropped £100 on a kit (back in September 2012) from a Vendor who at no place on their website say that none of their equipment (hardware) is compatible with standard fit 510 or eGo.
So, they sell another fitting and charge 150% the price.
That's the business.
You might find replacement heads that fit yours, but I know from experience it is usually better to wipe the slate clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread