Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I bought some commercial juice that is a strawberry milk and liked it. I usually don’t do fruits but have decided to try to diy a tasty fruit juice for when the mood strikes me and need a recommendation. Who makes the best strawberry? Not a candy but more like a natural flavor. Something that mixes well with cakes or cookies would be great. So please give me some direction on what strawberry to buy and feel free to add any other fruit you think is really a standout. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
2 parts Straw Ripe(TFA) and 1 part Sweet Straw (CAP) plus 1/4 part dragon fruit (TFA) is my go-to "strawberry" flavour.
Ina Shisha straw is good, FA straw also.
Not a fan of TFA "strawberry".
I use strawberry only in mixes and tend to stay in the 5%-8% range.
I shake and vape them, however I find they benefit from a few days aging to mellow the bite/sharpness of the fruit.

HTH
I

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Real Flavors SC Strawberry. When I want a strawberry milk I mix it with OSDIY Strawberry Milk (which is too light on the SB for me). 10% OSDIY, 2% RFSC.
Other that that, I'm partial to Inawera fruits. Two Apple, Pear (any of them except for the Duos), Peach (maybe with a little FA White Peach thrown in to made it more tasty)...I could go on but those are the main ones. Those would be the regular house line, notnotnot Wera Garden line. Those are icky.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Ok I’m gonna get TFA strawberry ripe, inawera shisha strawberry, and I like flavourart so I think I want one of theirs.
If you had to pick, FA strawberry or juicy strawberry?

Also how about a mixed berry or combination fruit flavoring
Anything that stands out as particularly tasty?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Ok I’m gonna get TFA strawberry ripe, inawera shisha strawberry, and I like flavourart so I think I want one of theirs.
If you had to pick, FA strawberry or juicy strawberry?

Also how about a mixed berry or combination fruit flavoring
Anything that stands out as particularly tasty?
I would go with FA Juicy Strawberry. Have you tried FA Forest Fruit?

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I would go with FA Juicy Strawberry. Have you tried FA Forest Fruit?
Thank you I think I will. I mean if someone offers me a strawberry or a juicy strawberry, it’s a pretty easy choice. I like my strawberries juicy. I haven’t tried forest fruit, I’ll assume you would recommend it though. The description sounds good but then again most do. Thank you everyone for your suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
370295C5-9A0F-4745-B347-015EA0A6C51D.png
Thank you I think I will. I mean if someone offers me a strawberry or a juicy strawberry, it’s a pretty easy choice. I like my strawberries juicy. I haven’t tried forest fruit, I’ll assume you would recommend it though. The description sounds good but then again most do. Thank you everyone for your suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.
I tried it in this recipe & the recipe is fantastic! I left out the sweetner.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I haven’t tried forest fruit, I’ll assume you would recommend it though. The description sounds good but then again most do. Thank you everyone for your suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.
FA Forest Fruit is a great berry blend of (mostly) dark berries, that has a tart/not-sweet profile. If you use a second berry concentrate (strawberry, blueberry, boysenberry, blackberry, etc.); you can "bend" the Forest Fruit, and bring that second fruit to center stage.

My introduction to Forest Fruit came from one of @Capt.shay's recipes: Berry Berry Good.
Berry Berry Good

VBIC(TFA).................6%
Marshmellow(TFA).......2%
Forest Fruit(FA)..........4%
Raspberry Sweet(TFA)..1%
Strawberry Ripe(TFA) 0.5%
(one half percent)

I personally like a little less of the VBIC (4-5%); and have riffed all sorts of combinations for the raspberry, and strawberry. It (and its variations) have remained in my regular rotation for more than a year now. :)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@madstabber for oranges my top picks would be:
FW blood orange natural
FA blood orange (more a regular orange than blood orange)
INW shisha orange
Cap tangy orange (good for a Creamsicle mix)
WF tangerine
FW orange natural (plain good all around orange, better with a longer steep)

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
@madstabber for oranges my top picks would be:
FW blood orange natural
FA blood orange (more a regular orange than blood orange)
INW shisha orange
Cap tangy orange (good for a Creamsicle mix)
WF tangerine
FW orange natural (plain good all around orange, better with a longer steep)
Thank you for your orange picks. I’ve never had a blood orange so I’m not familiar with the flavor. I’m gonna have to get Cap tangy orange because it just sounds so good. I’ll probably get one more and I’m thinking WF tangerine just because they are just tasty little oranges.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
Thank you for your orange picks. I’ve never had a blood orange so I’m not familiar with the flavor. I’m gonna have to get Cap tangy orange because it just sounds so good. I’ll probably get one more and I’m thinking WF tangerine just because they are just tasty little oranges.
Blood oranges are super sweet and yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread