Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thank you for your orange picks. I’ve never had a blood orange so I’m not familiar with the flavor. I’m gonna have to get Cap tangy orange because it just sounds so good. I’ll probably get one more and I’m thinking WF tangerine just because they are just tasty little oranges.
I always add a touch of tangerine to any orange except FW blood orange, adds a bit of bite.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
Well I may have to try one. Are they anything like a regular orange? Not like a grapefruit I hope, I like grapes but hate grapefruits. o_O :blink::?::|:closedeyes::shock:
I hate grapefruit too! Blood oranges are roughly the same size and shape as regular orange but the peel may have a little red to it. I don't think they taste as acidic (hope I'm describing this right) and instead have more sweetness to them than the regular oranges. Definitely give one a try if you get the chance!

FWIW Real Flavors also has a blood orange that I've used, it has a little bite to it so if this bothers you maybe add a little cream, or something to mellow it out.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
So I order my strawberry and citrus flavorings. I just wanted to show you all the results of your opinions and suggestions. I’m not sure how I came to this end, I was adding, downsizing, replacing, and adding again, flavorings to get as close as I could to the free shipping minimum. So hopefully I like what flavors I ended up with. Thank you all once again, I will be sure to share any good recipes that become of these new flavors.

8461BE3F-8A05-46DC-AE78-423BB82BAA0F.png

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So I order my strawberry and citrus flavorings. I just wanted to show you all the results of your opinions and suggestions. I’m not sure how I came to this end, I was adding, downsizing, replacing, and adding again, flavorings to get as close as I could to the free shipping minimum. So hopefully I like what flavors I ended up with. Thank you all once again, I will be sure to share any good recipes that become of these new flavors.

View attachment 793049
Why did you order such large bottles? Paying shipping probably would have been cheaper.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Why did you order such large bottles? Paying shipping probably would have been cheaper.
I always do, I hate when I order something and like it but run out too fast and I have to order again. Besides these were recommended to me by some of the most knowledgeable, trustworthy folks. If you’re wondering, yes, I do have some big bottles of flavorings I absolutely hate. That won’t happen here though, I like citrus,strawberries, and loved ecto cooler when I was a kid. They are delicious so there is no way I won’t love these. Seriously though I’m sure I will be able to use these in some capacity even if they aren’t great. I keep telling myself that at least, you know, mind over matter.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
So I order my strawberry and citrus flavorings.

On your next order, you may want to price compare with Bull City, and/or Wizard Labs and OSDIY next time. Some of those prices seem really high (the 30mL of TFA Strawberry Ripe for one) compared to their prices. Just my :2c: though.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
On your next order, you may want to price compare with Bull City, and/or Wizard Labs and OSDIY next time. Some of those prices seem really high (the 30mL of TFA Strawberry Ripe for one) compared to their prices. Just my :2c: though.
Thank you for the info, I will check it out. I was just gonna get flavourart flavorings because the 30% off coupon but then I went off the rails and ordered other stuff without comparison shopping I usually do. My original plan was to spend about $20 on a couple flavors and I blacked out and ended up exceeding my budget three fold. At least that’s my excuse, I believe it’s called a fugue state. Feel free to use that excuse anytime someone criticizes your vape budget.

Just checked wizard labs and 30ml of ripe strawberry is $3.95, same as ecigexpress. That price is for 2 30ml’s not 1

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thank you for the info, I will check it out. I was just gonna get flavourart flavorings because the 30% off coupon but then I went off the rails and ordered other stuff without comparison shopping I usually do. My original plan was to spend about $20 on a couple flavors and I blacked out and ended up exceeding my budget three fold. At least that’s my excuse, I believe it’s called a fugue state. Feel free to use that excuse anytime someone criticizes your vape budget.
Bright side is most of those flavors are good within 3 days. Gets some better with age but solid snv's as well.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Bright side is most of those flavors are good within 3 days. Gets some better with age but solid snv's as well.
Excellent news, I love a shake n vape. You have been very helpful to me @Letitia, so I’d like to give you a special thank you. If memory serves me, I believe you were one of the folks that helped me when I first got into rta’s about a year or so ago. I appreciate you taking the time and giving me lots of solid advice on many of my vape questions. You are a valuable asset to the ECF forum and a kind, knowledgeable, helpful, human being. THANK YOU! :toast:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Excellent news, I love a shake n vape. You have been very helpful to me @Letitia, so I’d like to give you a special thank you. If memory serves me, I believe you were one of the folks that helped me when I first got into rta’s about a year or so ago. I appreciate you taking the time and giving me lots of solid advice on many of my vape questions. You are a valuable asset to the ECF forum and a kind, knowledgeable, helpful, human being. THANK YOU! :toast:
:wub: Lovely to know I was somewhat helpful.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
After doing more strawberry research I decided to pick up some JF sweet strawberry. Seems like it’s a good one and I was a little upset with my first order. I was placing it to get some strawberry flavors and ended up with more citrus then strawberry so I corrected it by getting some jungle flavor. I also got biscuit and yellow cake from JF. This is my first time trying jungle flavors so if anyone has any tips I’d be happy to hear them. Oh I also got 30mls or cold pressed lime Tahiti from FA.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
FA lime cp is tasty but for me a snv only. I get a bad fade by 2 weeks. Pairs nicely with blood orange or TFA sb ripe. I like a dash of some cream with either mix.

Try the JF yellow cake 2.5-3% and Cap sweet tangerine 4% for a simple mix. Pretty good at 3 days but gets better at 7. I only mix 10-15ml of this as it does get sweeter with age.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
FA lime cp is tasty but for me a snv only. I get a bad fade by 2 weeks. Pairs nicely with blood orange or TFA sb ripe. I like a dash of some cream with either mix.

Try the JF yellow cake 2.5-3% and Cap sweet tangerine 4% for a simple mix. Pretty good at 3 days but gets better at 7. I only mix 10-15ml of this as it does get sweeter with age.
Thanks, that’s some good information. The lime sounded good, I thought it might be nice to add a little extra to some of the orange flavors I got.
I only got one big bottle this time. I got 120ml of JF SS. The rest are just 30mls. One of these days I’m gonna go through my flavors and take the ones I don’t like out. PIF to some of you folks for all the good info y’all been giving me.
On a side note ECX seems pretty good getting their orders out. Both orders shipped same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread