The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Strep throat!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'REO (All Models)' started by Keekers, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Keekers

Keekers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    Michigan
    The very very worst part about having strep throat is not being able to smoke my REO. I am going crazy. It's been 4 days now and I have sadly only been able to take about 5 puffs :cry:

As soon as I place my next order for ejuice I will be adding a large bottle of nicotine free juice. I have no idea if this will work or help but now I know I have to plan for the worst.

I'm sure my fellow Reonauts can sympathise imagining how hard it would be to not smoke your REO for 4 days.

I'm glad I went to the doctor...it easily could have been 4 more days without a prescription. Thanks for letting me vent. 8-o

2. zapatengo

zapatengo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2011
    Chico, Ca.
    Sorry to hear about that. Now that meds are going in it should pass soon enough. Have you tried diluting something cool like a peppermint or wintergreen? Get well soon.

3. juicejunky

juicejunky Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2011
    gone
    Feel better. It must be pretty bad if you can't even vape. I hope it heals soon.

4. Keekers

Feb 2, 2011
    Michigan
    The doctor said I should feel better in 24 hours so I'm thinking tomorrow night I should be able to start vaping again! I wish I had peppermint...that sounds like a really good idea. Maybe in my next order I'll get something peppermint with no nicotine in case this happens again!

Thank you both for your get well wishes :)

5. tundracross

tundracross Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    oregon
  6. Keekers

Feb 2, 2011
    Michigan
    Thank you! I think tonight will be the night! I can feel it :)
    I can't wait to vape my REO again.

7. washvap

washvap Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2011
    wa
    Hope that you get better soon my friend! It must be a nightmare not being able to vape on your REO right now. Be sure to drink a lot of tea and soup!

8. grandmato5

grandmato5 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    WNY
    Been there, done that ;) When I had strep throat I could only vape 0 nic juice for several days. Juice with any nic in it was way too painful on the throat. Now that you're on medication you'll be vaping your nic juice again soon.

9. NaturesEncore

NaturesEncore Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2012
    Chicago
    With four school-aged boys, we definitely get strep often. Mine hit on the second week of vaping. I just doused my throat with Chloroseptic and vaped as much as I could before it wore off. Hope you feel better soon. The antibiotics work quickly, so you should be able to vape within a day, day and a half. Keep taking the antibiotics, though, until it goes away completely.

10. Keekers

Feb 2, 2011
    Michigan
    Exactly! I feel bad for anyone who gets too sick to vape! Haha I never imagined it would be this bad. I'm able to vape thank goodness but not enough as I would like :)

At least it's progress

It's a nightmare. That's what I tried too, spraying tons of chloroseptic and trying to vape. That's funny we had the same idea. :laugh:

11. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

You can buy VG at Walmart. If you can vape straight VG that might help. You could add a little flavoiring. Melt a peppermint candy in a little water add a few drops.
    I realize the drawing on a atty or cartos might cause pain. But if you can do this even a little you might like it.

12. Keekers

Feb 2, 2011
    Michigan
    That is a brilliant idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.