Stripped Threads on Vamo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soonerfan

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
I have had my first VAMO for a while and my threads are almost completely stripped. A Kanger Protank will seat and a few cartomizers will seat but not many. I saw a replacement head on a UK site that I thought about ordering. Still haven't ruled that out. I ordered another VAMO and thought I would order a 510 to 510 adapter to use on the new one so that I don't strip threads on it. I ordered it from My Vapor Store. I ordered 2 and neither one will fire on my new VAMO. Do I need to order a different adapter. I was trying to prevent stripping threads on the new VAMO. I am hard on my ecigs. I drop them a lot and think that is probably what caused the damage to my old one. I do not over tighten my cartomizers. I am very careful about that so that is not what caused it I don't think. My new VAMO works great but I screw either adapter on and it will not fire at all. Remove the adapter and works great. Just wondering if I need a different adapter and if anyone had ordered the replacement head from the UK (why doesn't anyone in USA sell these) and if they had how good was the fix?

Last edited:

Soonerfan

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
I haven't any idea. I just know that I have dropped the thing numerous times. Never on concrete or even a hard surface. It has mostly hit carpet. I think after reviewing this thread it is happening more often than it should. The USA suppiers need to stock replacement parts for the VAMO like the UK does. I mean it obviously is not an expensive mod so I don't expect it to last forever. I have 2 REOs and those are well made. I like the tanks and wanted something inexpensive to use the tanks with and wanted VV and VW. Thus the VAMO.

On another note, I don't think these adapters are adjustable. I have tried and nothing.

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
As I've stated in other threads, the Vamo threads is a weak point. I would recommend you purchase a few Tank Airflow Controllers. You might be able to find it cheaper somewhere else, but I bought mine from Madvapes.

These things will add a little weight to your Vamo, but the main idea is to use them to protect the threads so they don't get damaged like yours did. I own 5 of these puppies and use them on various APVs. If your damaged Vamo is capable of locking onto one of these adapters, you might still be able to use it if it can secure the adapter in place. Worth a try for $2.99!

All of my adapters are modified whereas I've filed down the "floating" center pins so that when the adapters are attached, the center pin can only put so much pressure on the Vamo center pin. I actually have one of these dedicated to a Protank to control air flow as well. It works very well.

To remove the pin for modding, all you have to do is push the pin out from the top of the adapter and file to size. Be careful not to file too much to begin with. The first photo shows a modded center pin next to an un-modded one.

filed.jpg

View attachment 222929

If you have any questions about these things, just ask.

shedevil7953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Central Indiana
I ordered a 510/ego adapter on fasttech with vamo, together it works, my idea was also to protect the center part but it does not worked out as I wished, sometimes when I remove a clearo, my adapter went off together with it...I am not even sure if this idea is reasonable..

I use 510/ego adaptors on my Vamos and Provari. The best thing I've found is Noalox Thread Lubricant. It's $8 on Provari's website (where I initially saw it), but only a couple of bucks at Home Depot. I use on all inside and outside threads. Then use a rubber jar gripper to tighten on the PV. Stays put but I don't over tighten my tanks or clearos, just snug fit.

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
I use 510/ego adaptors on my Vamos and Provari. The best thing I've found is Noalox Thread Lubricant. It's $8 on Provari's website (where I initially saw it), but only a couple of bucks at Home Depot. I use on all inside and outside threads. Then use a rubber jar gripper to tighten on the PV. Stays put but I don't over tighten my tanks or clearos, just snug fit.

I think it's shameful for Provape to sell at that price. Just my opinion, folks! Like shedevil7953 mentioned, you can buy the exact same thing from Home Depot Noalox at a fraction of the price.

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
I think it's shameful for Provape to sell at that price. Just my opinion, folks! Like shedevil7953 mentioned, you can buy the exact same thing from Home Depot Noalox at a fraction of the price.

I wouldn't say it's shameful, but it is certainly overpriced....but so are most accessories on anything we buy. You can buy a 4oz bottle at Home Depot for $5.....that's 8x the size for half the price.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I have had my first VAMO for a while and my threads are almost completely stripped. A Kanger Protank will seat and a few cartomizers will seat but not many. I saw a replacement head on a UK site that I thought about ordering. Still haven't ruled that out. I ordered another VAMO and thought I would order a 510 to 510 adapter to use on the new one so that I don't strip threads on it. I ordered it from My Vapor Store. I ordered 2 and neither one will fire on my new VAMO. Do I need to order a different adapter. I was trying to prevent stripping threads on the new VAMO. I am hard on my ecigs. I drop them a lot and think that is probably what caused the damage to my old one. I do not over tighten my cartomizers. I am very careful about that so that is not what caused it I don't think. My new VAMO works great but I screw either adapter on and it will not fire at all. Remove the adapter and works great. Just wondering if I need a different adapter and if anyone had ordered the replacement head from the UK (why doesn't anyone in USA sell these) and if they had how good was the fix?

I'm surprised to hear this about the thread. But if, as you say, you are hard on your ecigs then I guess an adapter or airflow controller would be useful for you. I've used my chrome Vamo heavily for 7 months and the threads are fine. It is possible that you damaged the the threads when you dropped it. I sent mine flying off a table with a vivi nova on top - it ended up jammed sideways on the centre pin. I had to pull the whole set up straight before I could unscrew the vivi. Threads weren't damaged.
I'm not sure why a couple of people have been saying Vamos have thread problem - many of us bought them and haven't experienced anything unusual with the threads. Like any pv they need to not have attachments jammed down too tight and clesning them helps too.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have a question on the adapter, since I also want to protect the threading and pin of my new Vamo.

Basically, I use the ProTank as well as ego threaded clearos. If switch between my ProTank and ego threaded clearos won't I have to take of the adapter as well? This would just do the same thing if I switch between 510/ego adapter to put on my clearos and the 510/510 adapter for the ProTank?

Do they have an adapter that I can just keep on my Vamo all the time and then just screw both 510 and ego threaded devices on?

bunnomatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Conway,SC
I wouldn't say it's shameful, but it is certainly overpriced....but so are most accessories on anything we buy. You can buy a 4oz bottle at Home Depot for $5.....that's 8x the size for half the price.

That's why Fasttech is doing a booming business...low prices and free shipping! A lot of vendors (and a fair amount here on ECF too) whine about everything being a knock off. All I see is dollars being knocked off and I can try a lot of different things without going broke. Most of the E-Cig vendors aren't operating out of a B&M but too many are charging like they are imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread