Student Marketing Project Survey on E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we assume that the problem lies with the product? (Both njoy and Blu do kind of suck, I'm afraid.)

I took the survey. Please let us know how it turns out.

Trust me it would of saved us a lot of time if we could of just ASSUMED a problem with the product... We actually had to write a proposal and get it approved before we could even begin working on our 25 page formal report. The proposal called for at least 10 sources (not all internet based) supporting our proposed hypothesis of the problem.

Basically there had to be some evidence of a problem and we couldnt assume or just go off our own perception of the product

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
The proposal called for at least 10 sources (not all internet based) supporting our proposed hypothesis of the problem.

Basically there had to be some evidence of a problem and we couldnt assume or just go off our own perception of the product

I can't wait to see what the problem is, per your survey results.

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
Did the Survey-

That is one of the problems of the cig-a-likes...
they spend a lot of money on the marketing- very little on the product's quality and consumers ultimate satisfaction.
(not just 'pretty'...It must work consistantly and easily- and a few other things I am not going to devulge w/o some $$$$).

After the initial poor experience with some of these cig-a-likes- many consumers will not turn into repeat customers- which I believe is the goal of BT.
I tried a BLU disposable...wasn't bad, but wasn't great either- did not WOW me.
At $ 9.00 for about one hour of fun...too pricey and I would not consider a BLU kit as I did not expect a better experience.

Personally- I think the BT 'kits' are doomed to single use purchases-
unless BT smartens up to real vaping consumer expectations and needs.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
It's a combo of the marketing and not keeping up with the competition. Nowadays you do a Google and you're bound to come up with a YouTube video which leads to more YT's and opens the door to alternatives. Brand loyalty is also very important. There is a cig sized Vendor here that has a HUGE and loyal following- customer discount codes, freebies for new owners of their PV. They've also listened to Consumers and have released new innovative products to retain interest of their customer base. If I had been Lorillard they definitely would've been my acquisition target. A growing and innovative company with brand loyalty, competitive pricing and innovative products.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Took the survey. Didn't think much of it. I know several people who tried those brands but failed to quit. It's too bad because better products are out there. If the survey had gone much longer I would have stopped. Those products are so uninteresting.

You should have done your marketing survey on e-liquid vendors who supply product for people using APV's. That's where the moneys at. The equivalent of a can of coke costs around $180.00. Always follow the money. Good luck

Last edited:
I smoked 2 packs/day for 20 years, just tried one those products you don't like (V2) and it worked, done with cigs now, in the 2 weeks i've been hanging in this forum I've seen 100's just like me (most of us do upgrade into "real" vaping), but those products u claim are a waste of time and $ DO WORK for a lot of people...

I tried quitting several years ago when the NJoy first came out. As you can imagine, they were not as advanced as they are now. There was no vapor, so all I got was the cool looking glowing tip and a very upset tummy from too much nicotine. Worst stop smoking experience ever. It did nothing to take away the craving for a cigarette and I went back to analogs the next day. Had my son (hangs head in shame for smoking around him) not researched the market, found the eGo C, and let me try it, I would not have given ecigs another thought. NJoy, and by proxy, disposable ecigs may have lost a great many customers over those early days. I'm not sure how marketing would turn that image around. I am now smoke free for 176 days now (from starting nicotine level of 24 to 8 currently), which is by far the longest time since I started smoking 25 years ago. It also helps that I have a built in cheerleading squad since 4 heavy smokers in my family have quit with these. I can't speak for others, but these are the best stop smoking aids I have found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread