Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I'm trying to upgrade my old Reo Grand's contacts with the newer gold ones. When I took the top delrin part off, the button fell out and I can't figure out how to put it back in so it doesn't just fall out when the device is tipped.

Also, is there some special tool I should be using to replace the spring? The phillips head screw is far too tight for me to turn it and I'm at a loss.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
where you been???? Great to see you again! The button has a small pin that serves as the locking feature. Perhaps by turning it in the locked position, it may stay put. I remove that pin though, so when I change my contacts, I just tighten the contact most of the way, swing it out away from the hole...install the button and swing the contact back. Hold all of that with a finger and snug up the contact. The contact will then hold the button in place.
For the neg spring, it's just a phillips head screwdriver. Find one that fits the screw tight. Maybe a shot of penetrating oil or wd40.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
I think I'm going to need help with this. I can't make any sort of sense of the button and I'm simply not strong enough for the spring screw.

Asbestos, I've been just living life and not doing much with the vaping stuff except puffing non nicotine VG/PG on a ProVari.

My son came to stay with us and he's vaping now and he was really surprised at how much vape stuff I had and how much gear I'd geeked out with. He thought he was the first one and didn't realize I'd been into it long before he ever heard of it...lol He's pretty fascinated with this Reo so I figured I'd finally go the rest of the way and buy an RBA for it and try my juices. They've been steeping a LONG, long time and some might even taste good. I hated them all when I bought them and haven't been able to offload them on anyone...lol

I had a little HH357 and tried some of them but I ended up finally frying it. Poor little guy, he lasted a long time.

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
That spring screw gives lots of people trouble. Try pushing the spring around a little to sorta get the screw started a little. And make sure your screwdriver fits well....that it's big enough that it'll actually grab the screw. Otherwise you'll strip it. And make sure the screwdriver has a big handle so you can grip it with your whole hand....not just a couple of fingers.

Reactions: kas122461

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Holy ...., I got the screw out for the spring and changed it out! Now if I can figure out the button I may be in business.

That is, if I haven't messed up the whole thing.

I may have been trying to put the button in upside down. I put it in the other way and it MAY be correct. I'll have to check it out to see if it works.

Mind you, I bought this thing and only used it once about 2 years ago so I really don't know much about it.

Keep your fingers crossed and don't laugh at my stupidity or I'll hunt you down and punch you in the throat...lol

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
I think we're in business! Now to make my first coil on the brand new RM3 and I just don't know what I'll do with myself.

To top things off, I actually made a juice that tastes like a cigarette. I didn't want it for ME but it might work for my neighbor and my daughter in law. I gave them each a ProVari mini 2.5 (I have several) and all sorts of tanks. Hopefully it will get them off the cigarettes like it did me.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
The firing pin hold your button in. The fat part goes to the inside ie the bottom side. Once the firing pin is in place the button can't fall out.
Thanks. I figured that out....lol

Now I'm looking for pic or a video of a single coil build on an RM3. I've never built a coil for anything but a ProTank2....lol

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Hi Zoe!!!

Good going fiddling with the Reo. It's worth it - get it working right, and it's SUPER easy to KEEP it working right - just fill, swap out batteries, and enjoy...

I had a bit of a hard time getting started building, but now I vape a Reo all day every day...

Good luck with it - and Happy new Year!!
:D:D:D

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
hahaha i had similar trouble when i 1st tried redoing my Reo. omg you had me laughing. the firing pin holds it in place! haha. OH, and be careful to not tighten that screw that holds the delrin cover in too tightly. I've read that it can short out your mod, somehow? IDK if that's true, but, be careful. especially if something is screwy in there, like, if your firing pin can touch that screw?? ur mod WILL short and your button WILL melt! lol. It's NICE to see you back on ECF. I was probably gone even longer than you were, all together. Just got back here around a week ago now. If ya feel like unloading a Reo, I'm your man. ;) I neeed a new REO! :p Welcome back <3 xoxoxo

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Overtightening the delrin cover screw at ALL, will strip the hole it goes in. You know you snug a screw into place, then give it a final "tweak" to make sure it's tight? Don't do that. at the first sign of any resistance stop.

Good job on getting the REO back together, the fire button goes in either way, but, as said, you were probably doing it upside (don't ask how I know :) ).

I'm not familiar with the RM3, but here is a chart that will give you an idea of how many wraps (etc.) to build a coil close to what you're looking for.

Reactions: JC Okie

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Overtightening the delrin cover screw at ALL, will strip the hole it goes in. You know you snug a screw into place, then give it a final "tweak" to make sure it's tight? Don't do that. at the first sign of any resistance stop.

Good job on getting the REO back together, the fire button goes in either way, but, as said, you were probably doing it upside (don't ask how I know :) ).

I'm not familiar with the RM3, but here is a chart that will give you an idea of how many wraps (etc.) to build a coil close to what you're looking for.
You can bet that I found and saved that chart before I even ordered the RBA. I didn't want to blow myself up....lol

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
I'm extremely frustrated right now. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to wrap a coil that will measure. I can make them so they look perfect and fire evenly but I can't get them to measure on a regulated device or a cartomizer ohm meter. I'm at a loss.

I'm following the exact ways to do it.

I think the rm3 might just be too small for me.

Joules_Verne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
SW France
I'm extremely frustrated right now. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to wrap a coil that will measure. I can make them so they look perfect and fire evenly but I can't get them to measure on a regulated device or a cartomizer ohm meter. I'm at a loss.

Give a shout out to @TraceyS, she uses RM3's successfully as do I, but I've got guy's fingers !
I have two RM3-alikes in daily service with dual 1.6ohms=0.8net/29awg/KGD cotton and they are totally reliable and almost leak-free if I don't over-squonk...

ETA if they fire OK but don't measure, could it be they don't register 'cos they're sub-ohm??

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Give a shout out to @StaceyS, she uses RM3's successfully as do I, but I've got guy's fingers !
I have two RM3-alikes in daily service with dual 1.6ohms=0.8net/29awg/KGD cotton and they are totally reliable and almost leak-free if I don't over-squonk...

ETA if they fire OK but don't measure, could it be they don't register 'cos they're sub-ohm??
Shouldn't an ohm meter read a sub ohm build?

Reactions: kas122461

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

Hmmm... well, if they fire evenly, then you've got a good connection (coils are mounted well and atty is connecting with the 510). If they don't register on a reg device, it could be that they net out to too low a resistance (eg, Provari 2.5 will not register a build lower than an ohm or so). If they don't register on an ohm meter, there must be a connection issue with that piece of equipment, or else it wouldn't fire on a mech (which they must since you know they fire evenly) and/or they type of meter you're using won't register sub-ohm builds (like the reg device).

Also, if you had a short, firing it on the reo would prolly drop the spring (a safety feature of the device) and you wouldn't see your coils glowing evenly.

Soooo... it sounds like you have a metering issue, not a build issue. Maybe shoot us a pic of your build and we can offer something more constructive.

The RM3 is a good little atty. You might want to try it as a single coil first to get a feel for building for it - it'll give you a decent vape, even with a single coil and the dual (two hole) cap.

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
My first coils took me hours to build, now I can whip 'em out in about 5 minutes. My biggest embarrassment was coming here to ask why my meter was reading crazy numbers like 987 or 899 when I built my first sub-ohm coils. It was reading it as 987 instead of .987...duh.

I wonder if you've got two little problems...1)the atty may be too low for your regulated mod to read, and 2) maybe the pin on the atty doesn't stick down far enough to make contact with your meter and/or your regulated mod. My meter has a pretty crappy 510 connection and doesn't work with some of my atomizers. If you have a multi-meter, you might try checking it with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread