Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I have multiple mod, tank, and atomizer boxes with Allen keys, special tools, replacement gaskets, etc.
The single shelf tackle box that I have used for rebuilding supplies is already full with small tools, spools of different wires, gaskets I've long forgotten what they go to, drip tips, multimeter, and maybe a half dozen kayfun / Veritas/ Reomizer 2/ ... Ok, maybe more than a half dozen.
I can't keep track of all these parts, but I want to get rid of all of these boxes. What next ?
Suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
large-three-drawer-tackle-box-system.jpg

I have this.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I can't keep track of all these parts, but I want to get rid of all of these boxes. What next ?

What about one of the small, banks of many drawers, that have the see-through drawers? They can easily be labeled on the front with what each drawer contains. They usually come with a metal casing around them. I've seen various sizes of them at Walmart, Lowe's, etc. Some have had maybe 16 drawers, some have 40, some even more. They stand up and don't take up much room. They even have 2 holes on the back of them, to hang them from pegboard hooks. IIRC they also come with dividers for the drawers, if you want to use them.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Tackle box? Curio cabinet? I have a whole frickin' room devoted to vape gear. The mods and tanks and liquids line the walls on shelves, the desk is filled with tools and wires, the filing cabinets are topped with batteries and charger and more tools, and the closet is filled with the boxes for most of the items.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Tackle box? Curio cabinet? I have a whole frickin' room devoted to vape gear. The mods and tanks and liquids line the walls on shelves, the desk is filled with tools and wires, the filing cabinets are topped with batteries and charger and more tools, and the closet is filled with the boxes for most of the items.

Honest question - can you remember which mod/ atomizer each of those little gaskets, tools, and parts go to ?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Honest question - can you remember which mod/ atomizer each of those little gaskets, tools, and parts go to ?
Kinda... I typically leave all of the spares in the box. I have all the boxes in bigger boxes with labels. I have the labels referenced in a spreadsheet. When a device breaks or I lose a piece, I look at the spreadsheet, retrieve the correct box/es, and make repairs. Once I've pulled the spares packet out, I often keep the packet out, and that's why I say kinda. Still, I've found that many pieces and parts are interchangeable...

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Well you can't expect to keep track of stuff if you've forgotten what it is! Start by sorting out all the things you no longer recognize. Throw them out or stash them out of sight. Then bag all the item-specific stuff like o-rings, screws, and spare glass in labeled baggies to store in your tackle box. Toss the empty retail boxes. As far as your tools, keep all the stuff you've used in the last year, and toss/stash the rest.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    If you can handle ordering it :lol: but this is perfect for flavours or attys or atty bits & bobs

MelodySusie Portable Nail Polish Organizer, Universal for 48 Bottles, Clear, Double Side, Gel Polish Storage

This has 48 compartments - you can also get a 64 compartment version:

Nail Polish Organizer Storage Holder case - Stores 64 Bottles - Free Polish Remover Bottle

I have one of those 64s. I thought that would be more than enough. Ha ha.

I put all my RBAs it too though, I need a separate box or something for them.

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I have several of these that I organize my parts and pieces into. I have some other ones similar to this but these are the last ones that I bought. I know that in one I have all my spare parts for my REO's.:|

40 Bin Organizer with Full Length Drawer

KAS

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
    Shawn is a master collector. Me on the other hand is a minimalist having OCD moment about owning too much gear (I have slightly outgrown my travel shaving bag) as for spare parts, I did the unthinkable(-with no regrets),, I opened all of the parts bags and put the parts into "master's containers for each category,, ie,, all orings,, all grub screws,,,all SQUONK pins,,(I do this After I'm sure I will likely keep the atty) I have a few attys-I don't like and they still have their parts bags.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I have multiple mod, tank, and atomizer boxes with Allen keys, special tools, replacement gaskets, etc.
    The single shelf tackle box that I have used for rebuilding supplies is already full with small tools, spools of different wires, gaskets I've long forgotten what they go to, drip tips, multimeter, and maybe a half dozen Kayfun / Veritas/ Reomizer 2/ ... Ok, maybe more than a half dozen.

Atomizers, mods, and other larger devices I keep in a storage cabinet in the laundry room.

I use these storage cases from Harbor Freight for small parts. There's also a model with fewer but larger bins at HF. They slide onto the top of my storage cabinet and it's easy to grab one when I need something. For recoiling, I keep those supplies in a smaller size snap top box and it's a grab and go solution when I need to recoil/rewick atomizers.

20 Bin Medium Portable Parts Storage Case

93928_W3.jpg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I switched my atty building tools at home over to one of these trays a few weeks ago and liked it so much I've bought more for spare parts, coils/wire, etc.. Will be buying more, more for storing attys, they are proving quite user friendly and useful.
    Amazon.com: plano tackle trays

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread