Sub-ohm 12 vs 18mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle_1995

Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Hey guys,

I'm currently vaping 18mg 80:20 vg/pg at 0.5 ohm, 45-55 watts (Kanger toptank + kanger subtank mini) and currently planning to upgrade my mod to the Smok Alien 220W with Smok TFV8 Baby Beast. I'm about to get more juice but not sure if I should stick with 18mg or lower to 12mg since my new coils will be 0.15-0.4 ohms. These coils range from 50-110W (0.15) & 40-80W (0.4).

Currently 18mg at 0.5 is great and never get nic sick with decent throat kick. I want to do a bulk buy as I live in Aus and my juice comes from NZ, so wouldn't want to waste my $ if too harsh.

What you guys think? Worth the transition to 12 or will 18 be fine.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Kyle

Update: Decided to buy 6mg juice for my new setup, after thinking I only take MTL hits and only can handle a few hits before I'm good. Considering quite low sub-ohm and high wattage with new coils I reckon its best as I can chain to get my nic if needed with good clouds and flavour. Definitely will be picking up some zero nic to test around to find my level aswell.

Thank you to everyone for sharing their experiences, was very helpful :)

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
If at all possible when you buy the 12 or 18mg ejuice also buy the same flavor with zero nic. This is so you can easily and quickly cut the nic in half or fourths. Sub-ohm will knock your socks off with such high nic content. I went from 12 mg to 3mg. Even at 6mg I felt like the back of my head was coming off. Totally different type of vaping.
YMMV.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

:)

Kyle_1995

Jul 5, 2016
Australia
If at all possible when you buy the 12 or 18mg ejuice also buy the same flavor with zero nic. This is so you can easily and quickly cut the nic in half or fourths. Sub-ohm will knock your socks off with such high nic content. I went from 12 mg to 3mg. Even at 6mg I felt like the back of my head was coming off. Totally different type of vaping.
YMMV.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

:)
Definitely a smart thing to do to find my mg, ty :)

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
I was using 16mg sub ohming for about a year and a half but was getting nic sick on a regular basis so cut down to 8mg. No more nic sick . At 16 I knew I was getting my nicotine though and miss it a bit. Been on 8 for about 3 weeks now and my new years resolution is to stick at 8 . Best of luck whatever you decide.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Since you are already subohming at 18mg, i see no problem. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If you want to cut down on nico, thats different.
You may want to up your PG to maintain throat hit.

I have several Smok beasts and saw little difference in nico intake compared to my drippers..

Kyle_1995

Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Do you vape direct to lung? Or mouth to lung?

MTL vaping can tolerate a higher nic level, where as DTL will not. I MTL 15mg now @ .20 ohms. Its what I like. The idea to buy the same juice in zero nic is "GOLDEN"!

MTL and usually only a couple of hits and I stop for 5-10 minutes or somethin.

Reactions: glointhedark

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I started on 24MG/18MG a few years ago and weaned myself down to DIY 12MG after 3 years !
I recently wicked up a Wine RTA, coiled it at 0.5ohms and filled it with ready made 18MG liquid. Vaping at 20watts.. Whoah. I was light headed after two puffs. I thought i was Nicotine tolerant but obviously not anymore.
Moral; Not sure there is one but, for me, seemingly small differences can change a pleasure into a - something not so pleasurable.
I would definitely NOT be trying to vape 18MG liquid at anything over 30watts.....

Reactions: Kyle_1995

Kyle_1995

Jul 5, 2016
Australia
I started on 24MG/18MG a few years ago and weaned myself down to DIY 12MG after 3 years !
I recently wicked up a Wine RTA, coiled it at 0.5ohms and filled it with ready made 18MG liquid. Vaping at 20watts.. Whoah. I was light headed after two puffs. I thought i was Nicotine tolerant but obviously not anymore.
Moral; Not sure there is one but, for me, seemingly small differences can change a pleasure into a - something not so pleasurable.
I would definitely NOT be trying to vape 18MG liquid at anything over 30watts.....
Very interesting to see how I'm fine with 18mg at 55W. Haha have no idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread