Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
I ordered my first sub ohm kit a couple days ago. I've been vaping for 5 years and sub ohm is completely new to me. I purchased the Kanger Subox Nano, which seems pretty good for a beginner. I can't wait to get it and experience it. While reading about sub ohm I noticed several times that I should use 6mg nicotine or less (to prevent burning). This is a bummer, all my juice is 18 and 24 mg. So first of all is this true? 6mg or less? And if anyone wants to throw out any good advice for a sub ohm beginner I'd appreciate it.

I've been using v/v v/w mods with a locking 5ml tank and a flanged cartridge. I've been told this is old school. Lol. Wow, technology advances fast. Anyway, that's where I'm at with vaping. 10watts, 2 ohm double punched carts. Looking forward to the Nano subox. (It comes with a 1.5 ohm coil that if I had to I suppose I could vape my 18mg ejuice with). idk. 6 mg has me thrown through a loop. Tell me it's not true. :) j/k. Truth plz. PEACE

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
That has nothing to do with burning or not. Most people can't handle a lot of nicotine in a sub ohm setup. My dad uses 18mg in an Atlantis with 0.5 ohm coil at 24w and he's just fine. Nothing. burning of any. Me for example, I used 18mg in an iTaste and iClear tank. I couldn't do 18mg in a sub ohm setup. 6mg is the most I can handle, but I'm cutting my nicotine down. My dad, anything under 18mg doesn't work for him still.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
That has nothing to do with burning or not. Most people can't handle a lot of nicotine in a sub ohm setup. My dad uses 18mg in an Atlantis with 0.5 ohm coil at 24w and he's just fine. Nothing. burning of any. Me for example, I used 18mg in an iTaste and iClear tank. I couldn't do 18mg in a sub ohm setup. 6mg is the most I can handle, but I'm cutting my nicotine down. My dad, anything under 18mg doesn't work for him still.

So it's not that it tastes burnt, it's that at sub ohm the nicotine is stronger? It hits you harder is what you're saying?

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
So it's not that it tastes burnt, it's that at sub ohm the nicotine is stronger? It hits you harder is what you're saying?
You are going to get a lot more vapor. Personally I dont like subtanks. All that airflow mutes the flavor.

If you want to try it I would recommend cutting the 18 in half with some vegetable glycerin.

My all day vape is 17mg

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama

I feel the nicotine is stronger at subohm and the throat hit is harsher for me. I'd get nic sick even with 12mg personally in a sub ohm setup, but I know people that can drip 24mg also. I'd say try it, some can do it, some can't haha.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
You are going to get a lot more vapor. Personally I dont like subtanks. All that airflow mutes the flavor.

If you want to try it I would recommend cutting the 18 in half with some vegetable glycerin.

I've been putting sub ohm off, but I really want to give it a try. I'll just have to fix the juice. Thanks for the feedback.

petefeet

Sep 18, 2015
fife,Scotland, uk
I ordered my first sub ohm kit a couple days ago. I've been vaping for 5 years and sub ohm is completely new to me. I purchased the Kanger Subox Nano, which seems pretty good for a beginner. I can't wait to get it and experience it. While reading about sub ohm I noticed several times that I should use 6mg nicotine or less (to prevent burning). This is a bummer, all my juice is 18 and 24 mg. So first of all is this true? 6mg or less? And if anyone wants to throw out any good advice for a sub ohm beginner I'd appreciate it.

I've been using v/v v/w mods with a locking 5ml tank and a flanged cartridge. I've been told this is old school. Lol. Wow, technology advances fast. Anyway, that's where I'm at with vaping. 10watts, 2 ohm double punched carts. Looking forward to the Nano subox. (It comes with a 1.5 ohm coil that if I had to I suppose I could vape my 18mg ejuice with). idk. 6 mg has me thrown through a loop. Tell me it's not true. :) j/k. Truth plz. PEACE
My mum uses the Nano with 18mg,it will work fine.....

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Most folks, me included, would recommend that you cut your nic level by about half. Nothing to do with burning or throat hit or anything like that, but simply the fact that you are going to take in about 2x as much nicotine in each puff as you were on a supra-ohm rig. Nic can make some folks sick if they overdo it, so it's recommended that you adjust your nic level to compensate for the added volume of consumption.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
Most folks, me included, would recommend that you cut your nic level by about half. Nothing to do with burning or throat hit or anything like that, but simply the fact that you are going to take in about 2x as much nicotine in each puff as you were on a supra-ohm rig. Nic can make some folks sick if they overdo it, so it's recommended that you adjust your nic level to compensate for the added volume of consumption.

OI couldn't do the 18mg. I bought a bottle of 8mg. I might need to go up a little, but the 18 was way too much. BTW, I'm loving the sub ohm. Drawbacks are uses a lot more ejuice, battery doesn't last as long. But so worth it.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread