Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Zoid, i dont understand anything you said those last two posts lol. Attypops, I asked Pop from mom and pop vapor shop I think yesterday and these are not duel coil (and actually I only understood half of your post too, you guys are way over my head here!) hahahaha

Sorry... Guess I didn't do a Good job of what I wanted.

When someone say's they have a x.x ohm Carto. That's cool. That is what the OEM say's the Ohms should be.

But sometimes that Is No what they Actually Metter at.

All I was Saying is could you confirm that the 1.7 ohm Advertised carto is x.x ohms?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi zoiD! lol. Not sure I understand that one. But OK. I think I got it....

Just remember. DC's.

Since I don't use DC's.. I'd consider the LT. Probably would consider it even if I did use em.

I like the short protection feature. So if an atty/carto shorts out, you don't fry the regulator.

Sorry…

Just the long and the short of it is I want someone to measure the ohms of a Circuit Member First and then tell me the Drop in Voltage.

A advertised 1.7 ohm Carto is a cool. Does it Metter at 1.7 ohms?

Just trying to eliminate Variables and Not Trying to Split Hairs.

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
Correct me if I'm wrong here gang. With any mod... but specifically with mods that have removable batteries... the voltage drop is most likely due to the batteries 1st, the regulator 2nd. In other words... amperage starvation.

I would say that batteries and amperage starvation are probably not the main cause of this. Amperage starvation should not even be a issue with a amp limited mod. Most likely it is because the Lavatube is cheaper, there are cheaper electronics inside compared to some of the higher end VV mods. It cant keep up. This is assuming the voltage drop is not caused by the amp limit.

And zoid thanks for the laugh.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I would say that batteries and amperage starvation are probably not the main cause of this. Amperage starvation should not even be a issue with a amp limited mod. Most likely it is because the Lavatube is cheaper, there are cheaper electronics inside compared to some of the higher end VV mods. It cant keep up. This is assuming the voltage drop is not caused by the amp limit.

And zoid thanks for the laugh.

Yeah, I edited and added the quote from the site about the 2.5 amp limit. OTOH... a very reasonably priced production vvv mod. Just understand the limit and make sure it's good for you. I like it overall and I hope we see more vv types at reasonable costs and/or more options for LT's.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah, I edited and added the quote from the site about the 2.5 amp limit. OTOH... a very reasonably priced production vvv mod. Just understand the limit and make sure it's good for you. I like it overall and I hope we see more vv types at reasonable costs and/or more options for LT's.

I'm with you AttyPops.

I'm curently on Pre-Order for a 18350 Mini-Lavatube.

It will be Hopefully a Great Mobile/Back UP VVPV to what I allready have.

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
Here's a chart from the Volcano website showing when the limiter will kick in.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlZnGjZRjO_UdGo3VVlnVHY0VExZLVd5aDkwUEJEZXc#gid=1

010512_1512[00].jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread