Nic salt help!! For old school vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

openbeerz

Sep 7, 2009
Hey guys it's been a while since my last post. 2009 I posted lol. Little background...I started vaping with a 901 many here probably dont even know what that is. So my goal was to quit smoking and I did with help from this forum then went back to smoking back to vaping and so on. I been through every phase of vaping. Cartomizers, tanks, rdas rtas rdtas. I would allways go back to smoking feeling that the 3mg 6 mg was not filling my nic requirement. Well I'm now on to the nic salts and it feels like I'm back in 2009 with the low wattage high mg. I feel this is deff what I been needing to finally get off these cigarettes. My only problem is these pod systems are not for me replacing pods some pods dead on arival. I just ordered vandyvapes simple ex hoping it will work out. My question is what are you guys using for mtl beside pod systems and any nic salt liquid recommendations would be appreciated. The nic salt works wonders but I'm having a tough time finding a good flavor. Maybe just high mg reg juice idk.Been through mr saltys line. Vgod. Naked true nic and a few others. Thanks guys and either way I'll be sticking around on this forum this time thanks.

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
I buy 100 mg nic salt solution and add my desired strength to any 0 mg. flavor liquid that I enjoy. Perhaps that will help you.

The Tootlepuffers thread is packed with helpful mtl suggestions for non pod devices.
Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Quite a few tootlers like the doggystyle rta. There is a thread dedicated to that rta. There seem to be several acceptable mtl rdas out also.

Last edited:

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
I would allways go back to smoking feeling that the 3mg 6 mg was not filling my nic requirement. .

Yeah 3 or 6mg nic is too low for me I use 12mg of freebase nic I mix my own. I buy 100mg Freebase and mix with the juices that I bought and like. I'm starting to see 100mg Nic salt available to buy down here in NZ so I might give them a go soon.

For MTL I use the Berserker mtl RDA with my pulse 80watt squonkers. It's been good to me.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Unless you just really need the hard suction of true "MTL" you could do what I do and use a standard single coil RTA and just reduce the air flow and use a restricted drip tip and use that for MTL. This will be a bit looser than true MTL but it will allow you to get greater volumes of vapor (thus more nic) but still be able to MTL. I call it Chimera vaping. Right now, I primarily use the Serpent SMM (authentic) for this as well as Hadaly and Entheon (both clones) drippers. I ordered 10 of my favorite restrictive drip tip from FastTech and use it on everything.

For juice, I would agree with Toots with one small adjustment. Since you are wanting to go higher than 6mg and don't want to overly dilute flavoring, I would suggest buying some 100mg nic salts liquid (as suggested) and your normal favorite flavors already at 6mg and then add enough salts to bring it to 12 mg/ml. You get double the nic at half the dilution compared to starting with 0 mg flavored juice.

The primary purpose of salts is to allow higher nic concentrations without adding too much throat hit, but the more you add to an existing flavored liquid the more it will dilute flavor. So the best bet is figure out the highest level of pre-made flavored juices that you can tolerate and THEN add only as much salts as is needed to get where you need to be with the least dilution possible (without going full DIY of course).

Reactions: stols001

openbeerz

Sep 7, 2009
Ok. Thank you everyone. I'm gonna try adding my own nic salts like it was suggested. It's so weird after all the the vape stuff I bought through out the years I'm back to high nic mouth to lung but that's what works for me apparently I been smoke free for a week. I might go back a little further and get some ry4 lol for some reason that's what I been thinking about. Just gotta find some good nic now. Thanks again guys for all the help

openbeerz

Sep 7, 2009
Ok. Thank you everyone. I'm gonna try adding my own nic salts like it was suggested. It's so weird after all the the vape stuff I bought through out the years I'm back to high nic mouth to lung but that's what works for me apparently I been smoke free for a week. I might go back a little further and get some ry4 lol for some reason that's what I been thinking about. Just gotta find some good nic now. Thanks again guys for all the help
And yeah I might try that berserka. The pod systems are getting me by but they are deff not for me. Thanks again

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA

Nothing wrong with that, I’m vaping 18mg RY4 on a low powered pod right now, and I’m digging it. I’ve heard good things about the Zenith tank for an easy MTL setup, but definitely check out the tootle puffers thread as suggested, lots of good recommendations there. Welcome back!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, you have tons of MTL options for tanks and mods that are easier (IMO) to deal with than pods and less expensive, too.

Depending on your resistance and wattage, you can vape nic salt juices. I use about 18 mg/ml in my MTL vapes (DIY) but I've gone higher on some of them.

There's the Nautilus 2, fiddly a bit on refill, but decent flavor and coils in a reasonable resistance for nic salts, like 1.8 or 1.6. It only has a true 1.7 ml capacity but that's probably better than a pod. It's not the easiest thing in the world but way easier than pods and it was my quitting tank so I don't really knock it. I think you will find it relatively easy to use compared to some of your early setups.

The innoken zenith is a nice, sturdy just all around well designed tank, 1.6 and 0.8 resistance coils and now a new mesh coil. Coils get nice longevity 4 ml capacity and it really is a nice tank, flavor is great it's just an all around very nice MTL tank.

For mods, there's just everything and anything you might want. Mods and tanks have 510 connectors pretty standard across the board, so you can get tube mods, you can get internal mods, you can get single battery mods, you can pretty much get any old mod you want, so just be guided by what looks good to you and etc.

Good luck,

Anna

openbeerz

Sep 7, 2009
Ok. Yeah this little squonk device is on the way. I believe the coil will be 1.5 or something I'll check the build an a olm meter. I'm no stranger to building so I just hope the little mod works good. The pod systems work well, I just get sick of pods burning out and buying new ones when I know how easy it is to build. My biggest problem like allways will be finding the right juice like allways but I'm gonna take everyone's advise here on that. If I have to start diy juice then so be it.

Attachments

• authentic-vandy-vape-simple-ex-squonk-box-mod-ex-rda-kit-black-3345v-4ml.jpg
    authentic-vandy-vape-simple-ex-squonk-box-mod-ex-rda-kit-black-3345v-4ml.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 21

openbeerz

Sep 7, 2009
Ok. Yeah this little squonk device is on the way. I believe the coil will be 1.5 or something I'll check the build an a olm meter. I'm no stranger to building so I just hope the little mod works good. The pod systems work well, I just get sick of pods burning out and buying new ones when I know how easy it is to build. My biggest problem like allways will be finding the right juice like allways but I'm gonna take everyone's advise here on that. If I have to start diy juice then so be it.
Thanks anna

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
If your looking for mtl drop in coils, the nautilus is very good, but nothing like a rebuildable rta. If rebuilding, I find the kayfun prime or doggy style exceptional. Not sure on salts, but like you said, finding a good flavor might be tough. If your looking to try just regular juice in high nic, I would recommend heathers heavenly vapes. They have great juices and so many choices of nic, pg/vg percentage, extra flavorings, regular juice, net juices, etc, they really have it all...they do have ry4 varients and so many other hood tobacco blends. Another great juice in that type is tribecca from halo...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

openbeerz

Sep 7, 2009
Thanks vapedivrr. Yeah I just checked the little squonk mtl should be here tomorrow I'm gonna try that out and I'm gonna check that site Heather's out cause I do have some nic salts but I'm really not likening them so I am on the hunt for some good juice and may just add nic to some of my 3 mg stuff like was suggested on here. I'm hoping this little RDA will make some of my juice I have taste a lil better but we will see. Thanks you for the help

openbeerz

Sep 7, 2009
Thanks vapedivrr. Yeah I just checked the little squonk mtl should be here tomorrow I'm gonna try that out and I'm gonna check that site Heather's out cause I do have some nic salts but I'm really not likening them so I am on the hunt for some good juice and may just add nic to some of my 3 mg stuff like was suggested on here. I'm hoping this little RDA will make some of my juice I have taste a lil better but we will see. Thanks you for the help
Oh and I have been looking at tribecca I'm trying to decide if I want reg nic or there salt version.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I use a mix of 100mg/ml salts and 100mg/ml base both from the same site. Just so we have our terminology the same: "base" is the regular freebase (non-salt) concentrated nicotine juice, and "salts" is a modified version into a salt or acidic form. So I hope I answered your question correctly.

openbeerz

Sep 7, 2009
I use a mix of 100mg/ml salts and 100mg/ml base both from the same site. Just so we have our terminology the same: "base" is the regular freebase (non-salt) concentrated nicotine juice, and "salts" is a modified version into a salt or acidic form. So I hope I answered your question correctly.
Well on the site the salt base has an option to pick 5050 or pg or vg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread